Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1155 on: July 22, 2010, 01:44:15 PM »
Hi folks

I'm a recently-joined lurker and even more recently-joined member.  I just finish undergraduate with a degree in Chinese, and since joining the lovely ranks of the unemployed, I've been looking for jobs in China teaching English.  Can't thank Raoul and the rest of you enough for the tremendous resource this forum provides.
Good to be here, glad to meet you all!

« Reply #1156 on: July 22, 2010, 05:40:17 PM »
Welcome aboard and howdy, all 3 of you! agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag

And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #1157 on: July 23, 2010, 04:54:20 AM »
Welcome, all three of you agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag Should any of you suffer from sanity, a most unpleasant condition, please be advised that a professional lunatic will come around shortly to help you. If you possess a dog, don't let Con take care of it...I once had a small poodle named Mr. Snuffles...long story, his collar was found in the half-empty bowl of nuts...Ironically, his nuts were never found aoaoaoaoao
Here's a glass of absinthe, known as the favourite drink of French artists, and with the ear-slashing and such, a drink can't really come with a better recommendation agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #1158 on: July 23, 2010, 06:21:29 AM »
Eric the Red- The Lost Vikings?!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. - Mark Twain

« Reply #1159 on: July 26, 2010, 03:58:58 AM »
 :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic: wazzat...schlanderrr...li..libbe...lybb...thinggummy means something is..err...not rigt...Vikings never got lost...We always know where we are..I'm supposed to be in Northumberland...not my fault England...err...moved...loscht...nonsschenssse....where's the mead... :alcoholic: :alcoholic: :alcoholic:
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Ruth

« Reply #1160 on: July 27, 2010, 06:16:45 AM »
Wow, so many new people.  I've been traveling and not stopping in here lately.  My bad.

Welcome to all of you and I'm looking forward to hearing your experiences in the early days of your new lives in China.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #1161 on: July 27, 2010, 05:14:15 PM »
Ditto on that.  When you're writing home about your adventures here in the Big Silly, make sure you cut and paste your letters here.  Honestly, these accounts never get old, and no two are quite alike.  axaxaxaxax
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1162 on: August 28, 2010, 07:14:40 PM »
Should any of you suffer from sanity, a most unpleasant condition, please be advised that a professional lunatic will come around shortly to help you.

Did someone call for a professional lunatic? ahahahahah

So, are any of you currently sane?  If so, I promise I can cure you quickly, but maybe not quite painlessly.
 cbcbcbcbcb
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1163 on: September 09, 2010, 09:56:09 PM »
He'll remove the cause, but (hehhehheh) not the symptom

« Reply #1164 on: September 09, 2010, 10:44:30 PM »
He'll remove the cause, but (hehhehheh) not the symptom

Nothing like a little time warp
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1165 on: September 10, 2010, 08:20:56 PM »
Hee hee!  I'm awaiting the right time to dust off my Rocky Horror DVD and seriously screw up some Chinese people's view of American culture. ahahahahah
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1166 on: September 10, 2010, 10:27:49 PM »
I see you shiver with antici

« Reply #1167 on: September 10, 2010, 10:28:56 PM »

...pation

« Reply #1168 on: September 12, 2010, 06:32:12 PM »
I can see the kids grabbing an atlas trying to find Transexual, Transylvannia

Me thinks me see this movie too much. Like you EL, I brought a collectors edition with me from Canada
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #1169 on: September 12, 2010, 10:57:29 PM »
I showed Rocky Horror to two Chinese friends. It went over surprisingly well.  bfbfbfbfbf