Residence permit question

• 2 replies

Tree

• This personal text is false.
Residence permit question
« on: August 10, 2015, 10:48:28 PM »
So I'm trying to change jobs. Everything was going great. Today they decided that they will cancel my residence permit as well - a new development as they've previously promised to not cancel it.

So...if they do I know I have 30 days to leave the country. However, does that mean I need to restart the Z-visa process?
The greatest and most important problems of life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They can never be solved, but only outgrown.
- Jung

Re: Residence permit question
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 02:04:07 PM »
The residence permit is tied to the job in any case... It does not continue after you finish the job. I assume what you may have been trying to do was to have it transferred to your new job.  If you can't do that... then yes you may potentially end up having to start all over again.  Talking about cancelling it implies to me that you may be having problems in getting them to do what they need to do to transfer it.

Are you  moving within the same city or to a different city/province?
Does you current employer understand what is involved in transferring to a new job.... Do you understand?
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

Tree

• This personal text is false.
Re: Residence permit question
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 05:58:01 PM »
Yes, I'm trying to switch jobs, in city, to another willing and helpful employer.

All communiques have been positive and helpful, wishing me good luck at my new place. However, an admin whom I've never met [who has held his job for two months] threatened me with RP cancellation yesterday. I'm trying to suss out what his threat means to me if he means to make it good. Seems I'll have to return home for a month or more to get a new Z-visa?
The greatest and most important problems of life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They can never be solved, but only outgrown.
- Jung