Why I love Chinese women...

• 73 replies
Re: Why I love Chinese women...
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2013, 05:27:43 PM »
apart from the chinese women who dress like skanks (yes we all love those), i like the unsexualised nature if the rest, someone else mentioned this somewhere, that they dont take things in the 'dirty' way and they are nice and old fashioned 'normal'. i saw some milk or drink ads at bus stops, the hottest woman staring at me (the viewer) with lips slightly puckered into we-all-know-what! i mentioned this to my wife and she said 'no, its not sex advertising, its just cute, chinese like cute'. so im adjusting my conceptions to adjust, but i still see the sex. arggghh! i must be a perv! anyway, thats why i like chinese women, the ability to dress 'pleasant' and be nice without sexing it up. but i also enjoy the sexed up ones as well, but they do try too hard, and it shows...

« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2013, 06:21:20 PM »
Meanwhile here in Hunan every girl and her mother are wearing hotpants and high heels. That'll be because it's practical, I suppose, it being so hot and all.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2013, 06:25:48 PM »
Meanwhile here in Hunan every girl and her mother are wearing hotpants and high heels. That'll be because it's practical, I suppose, it being so hot and all.

You make that sound like a bad thing. mmmmmmmmmm
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2013, 06:49:59 PM »
It's a lie that Chinese women are in charge of their own sexuality. That "innocence" is better thought of as willing ignorance of their relative lack of power. They live a prettified objectification that has in place of the supposed sophistication of the geisha, the grasping money grubbing of the town-bound farmer's wife. They aren't free. Which is a good enough reason to "love" them, I suppose. It's what they're owed.

/issuesredux

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2013, 10:46:02 PM »
I think Calach has fallen for the trap.  They look all cute and innocent, but the reality is that they use all sorts of means to really run things in what appears on the surface to be a male dominated society.

Who kowtows to the Empress? - Everyone, but the Emperor doesn't do it in public.

Who kowtows to the Empress Dowager? - Everyone, including the Emperor.

I'd say more, but my wife demands that I step away from the computer and kowtow to her. ahahahahah
EscapedLunatic.com

Monkey King

« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2013, 11:02:32 PM »
Quote from:
...hotpants and high heels...sexuality...objectification...

I was going to post this in the Men's room, but it seems so relevant here:

Snapshots: Who's the most beautiful Sichuan girl in Summer?

« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2013, 12:05:23 AM »
Well hey, if they rule a household, that's equality right there, especially if they don't end up dead.

There's a lot of things women in China can do. Stepping too far outside gender roles doesn't seem like one. Being able to escape retaliation for stepping outside gender roles doesn't seem much like one either.

I just find weird. And off-putting.

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2013, 12:20:33 AM »
I was thinking about that the other day, when you watch the way the young lads let their 'girlfriends' treat them and how the guys have all of this pressure to keep the girl and their parents happy and the boys parents have to pay for everything etc and felt sorry for the chinese men

But then once they get to about 35 the men are allowed to punch their wives and go to hookers so it all evens out

« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2013, 12:32:29 AM »
I actually had a discussion about this whole spousal battery issue the other day with my gf following some news segment about some husband being an abusive jackass. Much to my surprise, she was firmly under the impression that spousal battery is done because the man, once having tied the knot, is allowed to have loose fists. It took some argumentation, an hours worth of Internet searching and collection of evidence to make her understand that the law, both written and moral, does not allow spousal battery.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

A-Train

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2013, 11:29:11 AM »
... the law, both written and moral, does not allow spousal battery.

Why do you say that moral "law" forbids this?  If it's acceptable within the culture, then by definition, it's not immoral, no?
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2013, 12:49:27 PM »
I should have been clearer, I meant moral law outside of China. She was under the impression that the rest of the world had the same attitude towards spousal battery.
However, I do not believe that the whole Chinese society condones spousal battery, not even by a long shot, therefore I would still argue that it is immoral.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2013, 02:12:17 PM »
A lot of things in China seem like western countries in the 70s

Things like hitting women, racism, drunk driving... everyone know that they are wrong and illegal, but they are seen as kind of unavoidable laws of nature

Thats' just the impression I get, I've never lived in the 70s or been Chinese

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2013, 03:03:49 PM »
July 5th, 2013.  A historic day.  This is the day that EL found himself mostly in agreement with one of Kitano's posts. ahahahahah

Yes, some of those attitudes seem to come from the 50's-70's in the US.  However, the 70's is also when changes that had been slowly building up for some time finally began to seriously push forward towards a state of improved social equality and a society that didn't have to keep doing the same bad things over and over again because "that's how it's always been, so that's how it always will be".

Like industrialization and GDP growth, I think we're about to witness some other changes in China that will come at a pace that outstrips anything ever seen in history.
EscapedLunatic.com

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2013, 04:00:15 PM »
July 5th, 2013.  A historic day.  This is the day that EL found himself mostly in agreement with one of Kitano's posts. ahahahahah

Yes, some of those attitudes seem to come from the 50's-70's in the US.  However, the 70's is also when changes that had been slowly building up for some time finally began to seriously push forward towards a state of improved social equality and a society that didn't have to keep doing the same bad things over and over again because "that's how it's always been, so that's how it always will be".

Like industrialization and GDP growth, I think we're about to witness some other changes in China that will come at a pace that outstrips anything ever seen in history.

Law of averages etc :D

I think the thing with these attitudes is that they simply can't be speeded up so much like development of the economy etc because they are generational. The equality movements in the west have been heard in the mainstream since the 60s and seemed to have won by the 90s but there is still a lot of racism and so on because what you learn from school/TV etc doesn't override what you learn from your friends/family/neighbours etc

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2013, 05:43:09 PM »
I have seen spousal battery in China more than I care for. I've spoken to women who say that it's somewhat normal along with cheating. Some said their husbands have hit them and it's no big deal. Does this make it right? No. But for whatever reason the women here allow it, it'll take a long time before it changes.

However, I have seen many Chinese men be responsible enough to drink very little or nothing at all because they are driving. So it can be done.

In the west, we have "public service announcements" or other ways to raise these issues. It would be nice if China implemented stronger messeges, I'm sure they have some.

As for some things kitano said, sorry, the equality movements started long before even in the mainstream. The 60's saw it hit the streets with force
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion