Quiz questions

• 26 replies

George

• My view of China
Re: Quiz questions
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2010, 11:15:16 PM »
I have used them this week too, and the kids had great fun. They knew the answers to most questions. Excellent stuff! agagagagag agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

psd4fan

• 在哈尔滨黑龙江中国
    • WillExcel TESOL
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 01:29:46 AM »
The 7 sets are all I have at the moment. I'll likely be making another set or two in the next month or so. When I finish I'll post them here.

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 03:22:40 AM »
For my adult class, I had the list cut in two halves and each group had to ask the other half (Lesson Skills = reading and listening). If the person couldn't understand the question, then that person was required to reask in another way to make the person understand.

Also, helped introduce some vocabulary.
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

psd4fan

• 在哈尔滨黑龙江中国
    • WillExcel TESOL
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 03:34:02 AM »
That's a great idea that I never thought of. I'll have to try something like that.

AMonk

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 03:38:50 AM »
PSD, Please may I be included on your mailing-list when you release your "New & Improved, Complete Version" of quiz questions?  Sounds like you've got a winner, here akakakakak
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 08:44:04 PM »
What Amonk asked.  Pretty rave reviews you're getting, Mleaux.  bjbjbjbjbj
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

AMonk

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 12:58:35 AM »
....Pretty rave reviews you're getting, Mleaux.

kkkkkkkkkk It's PSD's quiz bibibibibi
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 03:41:16 AM »
At the same time, mleaux has done a great job on the other thread
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 03:42:15 PM »
I divided the class into groups. I cut the quiz into single questions, gave each person a question without an answer. They had to read their question out, the others in the group could ask for clearer explanations etc. They could not discuss their answer, simply write it down.

After they finished all their groups questions, they could discuss it, find out why the agreed or disagreed Things like what was the English word for the answer instead of Chinese, etc. (this bit was so that fast groups had something to do while slower groups finished.)

I then got them to read the questions to the whole class, and the class to answer. 3 periods, could do it twice, 2 periods only once with some time over so I let them choose more questions at random.

They got to speak clearly and I got to hear it. They had to listen, and it was fun.

It also showed them how much they had improved in something demonstratibly obvious, since last time they read things out, no one understood each other.

Makes them happy this way too.

And I had little work to do.
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2010, 08:59:43 PM »
just used those questions and they are pretty smart, a couple of things are out of date on them but well played sir  ababababab

psd4fan

• 在哈尔滨黑龙江中国
    • WillExcel TESOL
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2010, 03:24:52 AM »
Yes, there are a few out of date Q's in there. That is the risk but still worth it. I have just finished preparing and using edition 7 in the general non-China related category. If anyone would like the latest please pm your email to me and indicate whether you want the new set only or the first six plus the China one.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2010, 11:17:25 AM »
New set only, thanks psd. agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/