Movie/film thread: resurrected

• 2327 replies
Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #330 on: October 10, 2007, 03:09:47 AM »
I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry. It's soooo funny! I haven't laughed like that in a while.

solongtinik

• tryin to complete my life's journey
« Reply #331 on: October 10, 2007, 11:22:26 PM »
I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry. It's soooo funny! I haven't laughed like that in a while.

ditto cheeks!!!!!!!!!!!!
if he does not struggle against what is wrong-even if it seems beyond his strength-he will bever find the right road

« Reply #332 on: October 11, 2007, 01:00:03 AM »
Woza, I watched all of I, Claudius.  Patrick Stewart played Sijanus, who helped some skank poison her husband Castor.  But I hate to give away plot...

Derrick Jacobi is astounding as the title character; John Hurt manages to be splendidly creepy as Caligula.  Looks like George, frankly.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #333 on: October 11, 2007, 03:09:48 AM »
Just watched a great Kiwi horror flick called Black Sheep. Far and away the best movie about killer, flesh eating sheep I've ever seen.

Snap!  I watched the exact same film last night and was just about to post it.

Genius, eh?  Glad to see someone in NZ has continued making Jacksonian ludicrous horror films now that the man himself has moved on to the Hollywood grand canvas...
It is too early to say.

woza

« Reply #334 on: October 11, 2007, 05:24:27 AM »
Missi I remember watching Ben Hur when I was a kid, when it was first released.  The thing that stuck in my mind then, was the leper colony.  I took myself off to the library to know more about the disease.  Years later I was riding my motorbike around Darwin and going off road and I came across a leper colony.  A gate across the road, no access.  I met my first lepers in India.   My point being. It is interesting when you watch a movie as a child and what you focus on and how you see it as an adult

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #335 on: October 11, 2007, 01:08:57 PM »
That one, and Terms of Endearment. 

You made me spit up my coffee. You owe me a new keyboard.

« Reply #336 on: October 12, 2007, 07:49:02 PM »
Death at a Funeral!!! I nearly died laughing myself.As a matter of fact, I wasn't the only one. I thought we're all here today, or the movie is really funny. Alan Tudyk was the stand out actor.If you are put off by the "f" word,don't watch it; the movie wouldn't work without it though.

solongtinik

• tryin to complete my life's journey
« Reply #337 on: October 13, 2007, 08:22:10 PM »
no prison break 3 here yet!

criminal minds and heroes both 2nd season.............NONE yet! WTF!

im watching "the practice"
if he does not struggle against what is wrong-even if it seems beyond his strength-he will bever find the right road

« Reply #338 on: October 13, 2007, 11:11:19 PM »
Went shopping and bought a bunch more DVD's.

Just watched Fantasia 2000. Definitely not as good as the original but still good.

Watched eragon - the write-up on the back said it was terrible.  I actually enjoyed it.  Mind you I do love dragons and I do save dragons and this is about saving a dragon - what more can I say.  bfbfbfbfbf
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

woza

« Reply #339 on: October 13, 2007, 11:20:36 PM »
I watched ME on TV last night.  We used the digital camera to record the class and hooked it up to the big telly the clarity and sound was amazing.  Why? We are entering a big English teaching competion.  We have to submit a DVD, around 40 minutes and we win. something.  I like the process

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #340 on: October 13, 2007, 11:52:19 PM »
I'm watching Mongolian Pingpong at the moment.  A lovely movie - similar in style to Weeping Camel, Cave of the Yellow Dog and Tulya's Wedding.  If you haven't seen these they  are worth watching.

Mongolian Pingpong has some great throat singing in it as well. 

AMonk

« Reply #341 on: October 14, 2007, 12:53:01 AM »
Watched eragon - the write-up on the back said it was terrible.  I actually enjoyed it.  Mind you I do love dragons and I do save dragons and this is about saving a dragon - what more can I say.  bfbfbfbfbf

The author was only 15 when he wrote the first book.  bgbgbgbgbg
Moderation....in most things...

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #342 on: October 14, 2007, 09:09:45 PM »
Yep, ya can tell.
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

anya

« Reply #343 on: October 15, 2007, 08:21:33 PM »
I think that the last one was The Lake House with Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves. it was very bad.
I also watched Kidulthood, which was much more interesting, although not great.
"I want justice," I shouted.
"You'll get the law," he replied. "We gave up on justice long ago. The best we can do is law." -p. 207

« Reply #344 on: October 16, 2007, 01:34:51 AM »
Any Weeds Season 3 sightings?  I'm jonesing something awful.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com