• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
Re: What's in the News
« Reply #1111 on: August 22, 2009, 04:39:15 PM »

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #1112 on: August 23, 2009, 04:16:41 PM »
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25963297-2703,00.html

Environmental stuff is improving here - even in the last 6 months I have noticed more 'blue-sky' days (not Australian blue, but blue close enough to major cities in the west) to see that the environment is being taken somewhat seriously.  Even Lanzhou - which is on my 'most polluted/most awful place' list is trying to grow trees, clean up streets etc.  More people are aware, and more people are protesting about environmental concerns.  When you hear how bad things are, always check to see how old the information is - because it is changing!

BUT... as we see - not quite fast enough!! ananananan ananananan ananananan

« Reply #1113 on: August 23, 2009, 06:57:43 PM »
A couple get their wedding portraits taken military style in Nanjing

http://www.china.org.cn/china/photos/2009-07/31/content_18243664.htm

Those are awesome.  Raises the bar for wedding photos.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #1114 on: August 24, 2009, 05:44:50 AM »

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id=103891&sectionid=351020202  This is terrible.  If its true. People being kidnapped for their organs.

This is a lot like the rumors the were going around Romania in the 1980's that said Americans that are adopting Romanian babies are doing so because they eat them...
blblblblbl
When you go in for a job interview, I think a good thing to ask is if they ever press charges. - Jack Handey

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1115 on: August 24, 2009, 11:52:41 AM »
This is a lot like the rumors the were going around Romania in the 1980's that said Americans that are adopting Romanian babies are doing so because they eat them...

Who said those were rumors?   qqqqqqqqqq
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

fox

« Reply #1116 on: August 24, 2009, 10:16:34 PM »

Who said those were rumors?   qqqqqqqqqq

yeah, these things have been going on for decades. im sure china is no exception too. i worked for a child care agency in the UK where we would take children from unsafe environments - paedophile rings and put them in secure housing. In my 4 years working in this post we discovered 2 organ selling organisations, if people breed kids for sex then it figures they will for organs, a lot of this stuff doesnt appear in the news. anyone that believes all news we hear about is as is, is living in a bubble. 
regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #1117 on: August 26, 2009, 12:59:07 AM »
The Death of Internet Addict Youth Deng Senshan

http://bit.ly/X62eW

« Reply #1118 on: August 26, 2009, 04:59:34 AM »
I read about this in the Danish newspapers. These poor children are being sent to quacks who do stuff to them which would have turned the stomach of even the most hard-boiled warden in Nineteenth Century Bedlam...poor children and poor parents.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #1119 on: August 26, 2009, 01:23:27 PM »

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1120 on: August 26, 2009, 02:43:10 PM »
Were the police well prepared for such an occurrence?  Did they have an adequate supply of marshmallows?
 axaxaxaxax
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

psd4fan

• 在哈尔滨黑龙江中国
    • WillExcel TESOL

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #1122 on: August 26, 2009, 08:49:11 PM »
Beijing police
anti-terror patrols for anniversary (August 19, 2009, AFP) Beijing police will step up their anti-terror efforts ahead of the 60th anniversary on October 1 of the founding of communist China, with more street patrols and checkpoints, state media said Wednesday. The massive police mobilisation will likely surpass the security clampdown seen for last year's Olympic Games in the capital, the China Daily reported. The report said the new security measures were also prompted by last month's unrest in China's far western Xinjiang region, which the government said was orchestrated by Muslim Uighur separatists and left nearly 200 people dead.
Police will target residents from ethnic groups and expatriates who have only resided in the capital for a short time, the China Daily said. Security forces have been engaged in a two-month-long anti-terrorism campaign aimed at maintaining social stability ahead of the sensitive anniversary, it added.

So - newbies in Beijing - expect the external security police to pop in on you.  aoaoaoaoao bjbjbjbjbj bjbjbjbjbj

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #1123 on: August 29, 2009, 01:46:00 AM »
http://shanghaiist.com/2009/08/26/look_what_the_drunk_driving_crackdo.php

Take care on the roads!

"The Ministry of Public Security released the nine provinces and regions with the worst drunk driving records yesterday: Inner Mongolia, Yunnan, Henan, Gansu, Heilongjiang, T, Xinjiang, Guangxi and Sichuan."

And be careful when you are driving - one offender was sentenced to death for causing an accident while drink driving. 

DaDan

• Yeppers! We`be livin now!
« Reply #1124 on: August 29, 2009, 06:54:21 AM »

bibibibibi
U.N. Report Advocates Teaching Masturbation to 5-Year-Olds
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,543203,00.html
-------------------------------------------

The United Nations is recommending that children as young as five receive mandatory sexual education that would teach even pre-kindergarteners about masturbation and topics like gender violence
me pappy sayd... 
Once ya get past the smell... ...:P ... `You got it licked...