What's in the News

• 2873 replies

BrandeX

Re: What's in the News
« Reply #2085 on: July 04, 2013, 05:51:48 PM »
EL, that is exactly why they are all crowding into this Country at an alarming rate. I'm not being racist here, just talking fact. That is one of the reasons I find it so hard to comprehend these vacant cities in China.
People don't emigrate from China because there is no where to live. They leave China because it is China.

« Reply #2086 on: July 04, 2013, 08:41:44 PM »
On another note...in what appears to be a landmark decision, two parents in Wisconsin have been sentenced to jail for homicide after they decided to not take their seriously ill daughter to hospital but instead opted for relying on the power of prayer. The daughter subsequentially died. The really fascinating news here is that the decision to uphold the sentencing of these stellar parents is apparently a new development and that, for decades, these kinds of deaths have exempted from being considered homicide. Apparently the Defence Attorney representing the parents has stated that this could lead to an unfortuntate precedent wherewith other prayer-related incidents might be judged harshly...Oh, no...oh dear me no...
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2087 on: July 04, 2013, 09:13:41 PM »
I pray that their sentences are very lengthy.

People like this seem to view God like some kind of magic genie who grants all properly phrased wishes.  If this is true, then they shouldn't worry about wasting time eating since they can just pray for plenty of nutrition.

God gave people brains so that we wouldn't be helpless snack food for lions and wolves.  Too bad some people don't bother to use them. kkkkkkkkkk
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #2088 on: July 05, 2013, 05:49:10 PM »

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2089 on: July 05, 2013, 06:35:01 PM »
Makes no sense.  They want females "to save weight", but then slap a minimum height requirement on them.  You would think they'd want to have the shortest, skinniest applicants.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #2090 on: July 05, 2013, 10:50:20 PM »
I'd like to see anorexic dwarfs as flight attendants.  ahahahahah
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

« Reply #2091 on: July 06, 2013, 03:09:48 AM »
And you think the Chinese have some wacky ideas? http://blogs.wsj.com/indiarealtime/2013/07/04/goair-seeks-cabin-crew-men-need-not-apply/

So saving a few pounds on a 50 thousand ton vehicle is sound?

Nahhhhhhhhh  kkkkkkkkkk

They are finding the loophole that allows them to hire young cute and sexy girls to attract clientelle. = gimmick
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #2092 on: July 06, 2013, 04:19:48 AM »
Lots of nutty mews coming my way today. Check out this new punishment for Thai cops who break the rules. Why do I have a feeling Chinese cops would LIKE this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6932801.stm

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #2093 on: July 06, 2013, 05:33:16 AM »
Lots of nutty mews coming my way today. Check out this new punishment for Thai cops who break the rules. Why do I have a feeling Chinese cops would LIKE this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6932801.stm

check the date!

the Japanese and Koreans have some great kawaii characters for police and so on

« Reply #2094 on: July 07, 2013, 01:26:01 PM »
At least two reported dead in San Francisco plane crash   bibibibibi

More than 60 injured after Asiana Airlines flight from South Korea crash-lands, with hospital treating 10 critically injured

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jul/06/asiana-airlines-plane-crash-san-francisco

They said on CNN it originated in Shanghai, when to Seoul and then to San Francisco.

I hope none of our members were onboard.  
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Guangzhou Writer

• Can use chopsticks
« Reply #2095 on: July 07, 2013, 04:02:55 PM »
I would be very interested to read details about whether the injuries occurred while landing or while deplaning.

« Reply #2096 on: July 07, 2013, 04:07:57 PM »
Having watched on CNN for the last few hours and hearing reports from eye witnesses as well as some survivors I believe 90%+ of the injuries were during the crash. 

When the tail broke off, some of the crew and people at the back of the plane were sucked out.

The information is still fluctuating as more information is received.  There are quite a few in critical condition.  Others have just minor scratches and bruises.

Guangzhou Writer

• Can use chopsticks
« Reply #2097 on: July 07, 2013, 04:12:16 PM »
Thanks.

« Reply #2098 on: July 08, 2013, 07:54:43 AM »
There were 70 Chinese students and teachers going to the USA for summer camp.  Two 16 yr old female students from China were the passengers killed.  They were the ones that were sucked out of the aircraft and were found on the runway.   aoaoaoaoao

« Reply #2099 on: July 08, 2013, 08:36:49 AM »
There were 70 Chinese students and teachers going to the USA for summer camp.  Two 16 yr old female students from China were the passengers killed.  They were the ones that were sucked out of the aircraft and were found on the runway.   aoaoaoaoao

Wow, I can't think of anyone I would want to take their place, but it really sucks that the victims were kids.