What's in the News

• 2873 replies

BrandeX

Re: What's in the News
« Reply #1500 on: November 01, 2010, 03:48:08 AM »
I was being sarcastic, which doesn't play out well in a short post without an emote or something, sorry :)

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1501 on: November 01, 2010, 02:46:33 PM »
i for one welcome our new chinese overlords. they give us hot women and jobs which our western overlords can't

More reasons to love China!  btbtbtbtbt btbtbtbtbt btbtbtbtbt
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #1502 on: November 04, 2010, 02:34:52 AM »
Caught cheating in public, official sues police for causing impotence
From gglsw.cn:

October 23, 2010, at around 9 pm, when a Yizhou Road, Linyi City policeman was patrolling Phoenix Plaza, he saw a parked black Santana rocking and swaying. When forcefully opened the car door he saw a man and a woman, naked in the car, the front seats were leaned all the way back, tissue paper and red bull cans on the back seat. After interrogation, the man named Li Jingwei turned out to be one of the leaders at the Linyi Highway Bureau in charge of the State Highway 206 Yihe Bridge toll, the woman was his subordinate staff.

Two of them admitted that they were having sex at the time. Li Jingwei also confessed that he and his 13 other female subordinates have the same kind of sexual relationships, and he also has 2 illegitimate children. Li said the main reason of him engaging in such behavior was that his wife cheated on him first.

Funny thing happened couple days later after they paid the fine and left the police station. Li Jingwei soon found himself appeared to be impotent, the doctors diagnosed him with impotence caused by psychological reasons. Li thought that his condition was a caused by the policeman dragging him out of the car naked in public; therefore the police should compensate him. Calculating with the rate of average 200 yuan per sexual intercourse, under normal conditions he should be able to have 5000 more sexual intercourses in his lifetime, the police should pay him 1 million yuan in compensation.

Recently, Li Jingwei formally filed his claim to relevant department. The matter raised some heated local discussions. Many people think that the improper sexual relationship between Li and his female subordinate was not prostitution, also did not directly obstruct the society, therefore the police should have been more humane when dealing the matter. Forcefully dragging two of them out of the car naked in public was not proper, which seriously affected their physical and psychological health therefore should pay the compensation. (Above names are pseudonyms)

China Hush

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1503 on: November 04, 2010, 08:09:49 PM »
There are some math issues with this.

1.  Only 200 a pop?  He really needs to consider something more upscale. afafafafaf

Ah well, I guess it's a reasonable rate for a quicky in a parked car.  I wonder why the concept of doing it in the backseat hasn't made the jump from the USA to China. mmmmmmmmmm

2.  5000 times.  He's got a wife plus 14 subordinates who are being more or less cooperative, so this is really just a matter of how he paces himself.  Is he planning to keep the job 24 years at about 4 times per week, will he reduce the frequency some and stay longer, or will he go for twice per day with a plan to drop dead with a big smile on his face in less than 7 years?
 bhbhbhbhbh

I'd pay money to be on a jury for this case.  Now that he's off his game, I'd also like to drop by his office and meet these subordinates. afafafafaf
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1504 on: November 04, 2010, 10:56:48 PM »
Ok, it has to be said....isn't impotence a GOOD thing in China???

:wtf:
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1505 on: November 05, 2010, 01:27:48 AM »

:wtf:

Considering that he's already got 2 illegitimate children and seems dumb enough to produce more, I'm surprised he isn't being taken to the vet to be neutered.
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1506 on: November 05, 2010, 02:52:16 AM »
Becs:
Well for some people, yes. Case in point. But not for all of us.

EL:
Considering that he's already got 2 illegitimate children and seems dumb enough to produce more, I'm surprised he isn't being taken to the vet to be neutered.
Dumb enough to produce more and too dumb to take care of them... yeah, good call there.

I hope he gets torn to shreds and loses a ton of face over this.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1507 on: November 05, 2010, 02:52:07 PM »

EL:
Dumb enough to produce more and too dumb to take care of them... yeah, good call there.

I hope he gets torn to shreds and loses a ton of face over this.

Personally, I can't imagine how any guy could announce "I am impotent!" to the world, no matter what the circumstances.  I guess his brilliant plan is to move to another province, get plastic surgery, and change his name after winning his 1 million RMB.

Is it just me, or does this sound more like an American lawsuit? mmmmmmmmmm

I think it would be great if the court rules that he can have his million RMB, but only after he has surgery to become a eunuch. ahahahahah
EscapedLunatic.com

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #1508 on: November 07, 2010, 03:53:31 PM »

xwarrior

« Reply #1509 on: November 09, 2010, 06:09:09 AM »
All Guangzhou residents to get commuting allowances

GUANGZHOU - Each household with permanent residence registration in the provincial capital of Guangdong will be offered 150 yuan ($22) in cash subsidies for commuting purposes after local authorities scrapped a move to make public transport free ahead of the upcoming Asian Games.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2010-11/08/content_11513161.htm
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

« Reply #1510 on: November 09, 2010, 03:39:14 PM »
Seems about right. I put 100 to 150 on my bus card every month. But of course I don't live in GZ.
I wonder how many people living and working in GZ are not registered as permanent residents?

Pashley

• My page at Citizendium
« Reply #1511 on: November 09, 2010, 04:54:45 PM »
Each household

not "each person"

with permanent residence registration in the provincial capital of Guangdong

= with a Guangzhou hukou. The hordes of migrant workers get nothing, nor
the many students, nor staff of Shanghai companies posted there, nor ...
Who put a stop payment on my reality check?

xwarrior

« Reply #1512 on: November 09, 2010, 09:13:06 PM »
The report came from China Daily:

They are making some effort for the migrants:

n a bid to help more people benefit from the games, the government will also provide migrant workers, who have stayed in the city for more than six months, 150 yuan in cash subsidies for commuting.

I should imagine that it will turn into a bureaucratic maze and in the end people will give up trying to claim the money. Would have been easier if they just added it to the recharge cards used by most regular commuters... on cards purchased before the day of the announcement.

I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1513 on: November 10, 2010, 05:57:21 PM »
The report came from China Daily:

They are making some effort for the migrants:

n a bid to help more people benefit from the games, the government will also provide migrant workers, who have stayed in the city for more than six months, 150 yuan in cash subsidies for commuting.

I should imagine that it will turn into a bureaucratic maze and in the end people will give up trying to claim the money. Would have been easier if they just added it to the recharge cards used by most regular commuters... on cards purchased before the day of the announcement.

Would that include the 50,000 cards purchased the day before the announcement by those who made the announcement?  ahahahahah
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1514 on: November 10, 2010, 11:31:20 PM »
EL:
Would that include the 50,000 cards purchased the day before the announcement by those who made the announcement?
Only 50,000? Maybe you dropped a zero there.