Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #390 on: October 18, 2007, 02:58:05 AM »
jwb, it took me a while to woo you from the greasy spoon, so you'd better behave. Use George as your role model example of what not to do.

Hi Gonzo. I make the connection now. Let me get to know everyone and I'll soon separate the role models from the roll models.  afafafafaf ***

Raoul Duke, Gonzo...all my favourite characters are here. Why didn't I make the switch ages ago?

*** OK, so it wasn't very clever, but it was the best I could do at 9 a.m.

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #391 on: October 18, 2007, 11:49:56 AM »
Eric, spoken like a true canukstian...
There are toasties, Tim-Bits,

welcome aboard everyone agagagagag agagagagag
I am still learning. Michelangelo

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #392 on: October 18, 2007, 11:06:38 PM »
They lie.

Most people dream of getting the above.

What there really is, is civet nachos and spoiled milk passing as sour cream. The civet was left over from somewhere during the SARS epidemic and brave Raoul managed to get a couple of metric tonnes cheap.

Here, the top shelf consists of genuine ether and lighter fluid, rather than the kind made out the back from toxic waste. And the beer is made from old jock straps. George's.

Don't ask about the nuts.

However, it's the company that is the point.
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #393 on: October 24, 2007, 01:35:34 PM »
I was a sucker for their apple fritters, my standard treat before a field work day.  Had to go easy on the coffee though, I was in hip waders a lot of the time and getting undressed/dressed while trying not to urinate on those extra layers took a lot of effort.

« Reply #394 on: October 24, 2007, 04:21:34 PM »
After I returned to Canada just over a year ago I tried to get some information about opening a TH franchise in China. I figured it was a sure bet.  bfbfbfbfbf But it seems the parent corp. isn't interesting in expanding beyond the present market areas in Canada and the USA.

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #395 on: October 24, 2007, 06:29:57 PM »
and don't forget the one in Kandahar
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 06:33:46 PM by kcanuck »

« Reply #396 on: October 25, 2007, 01:27:22 PM »
After I returned to Canada just over a year ago I tried to get some information about opening a TH franchise in China. I figured it was a sure bet.  bfbfbfbfbf But it seems the parent corp. isn't interesting in expanding beyond the present market areas in Canada and the USA.

Are you crazy? Mate, this is China. Who cares what the head office wants? Open a Tom Hirton's and be damned to their plans of stagnation. (You'll also save on the franchise fees).

Be sure to have red bean and green pea fillings, and I reckon a chocolate and corn combo would be a winner! Good luck...
You have to care for it to matter.
http://www.haerbinger.com - All About Harbin

« Reply #397 on: October 26, 2007, 01:50:10 AM »
You always have time for Tom Hooton's!  bfbfbfbfbf
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #398 on: October 27, 2007, 06:46:36 AM »
Dave made me squirt brandy out my nose. This is a crime. The punishment is your shout.
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

« Reply #399 on: November 02, 2007, 04:00:39 PM »

Are you crazy? Mate, this is China. Who cares what the head office wants? Open a Tom Hirton's and be damned to their plans of stagnation. (You'll also save on the franchise fees).

Be sure to have red bean and green pea fillings, and I reckon a chocolate and corn combo would be a winner! Good luck...

ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah agagagagag

« Reply #400 on: November 17, 2007, 11:12:19 PM »
Good Lord! There's a gazillion posts been made since I was last here... so I'll just say a big WELCOME to everyone.... hope you have as much fun here as we do.

See you round. agagagagag
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #401 on: December 04, 2007, 05:30:30 PM »
I suppose that this is the most logical place for me to post my introduction...

Well, I have arrived! The fans cheer and the drums roll. OK, maybe not, but I am here. :) I am a university student from the USA. I do not drink (I am underage in the USA and have qualms about doing things that are illegal.) I do eat meat and love it. I have never eaten haggis. I have a fixation on food which makes me a prime candidate for obesity except my metabolism is fast and I run everywhere (I am always late...) Randomly, I take a Chinese course. I am completely enjoying living in China. I am here until next July (woo hoo!!!) as a student/intern at Liaoning Normal University- Missouri State University in Dalian. The cheer was because I was only supposed to stay a semester, but I talked them into letting me stay on a while longer... In China, my favorite passtimes are Facebook, Skype, hanging with friends (Chinese and international) cheerleading (no, I am not blonde and my name is not Courtney and I am not 5'1". I am 5'8" tall) studying, and eating... In America my passtimes are basically the same minus Skype and cheerleading and plus horseback riding and cattle ranching. Is that enough of an introduction? I could say more, but... I tend to be a little long winded and I wouldn't want to bore you... hehe.

Fare thee well my new found frieds.

Until tomorrow,

Kate

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #402 on: December 04, 2007, 07:42:44 PM »
Welcome Katya!
We always like to see tall, underage cheerleaders here. afafafafaf

But it sounds like you're a friend of Dragonsaver, which means you're probably trouble. We'll have to keep an eye on ya. agagagagag
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #403 on: December 04, 2007, 08:54:27 PM »
Welcome Lady Kate. Not to worry, this motley crew of charming reprobates are not easily bored.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #404 on: December 04, 2007, 11:48:44 PM »
Katie I mean Lady Kate is not trouble Raoul so don't pick on her  asasasasas

China is being very good to her which is why she loves it here. bfbfbfbfbf
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.