What are you listening to on your cd player/ mp san??

• 1187 replies

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
Re: What are you listening to on your cd player/ mp san??
« Reply #180 on: June 17, 2008, 04:42:50 PM »
Crystal Chanting - a very cool light Buddhist CD.  Very calming and cooling.

Era

Paul Voudouris and Chris Spheeris - Europa

« Reply #181 on: June 17, 2008, 05:34:44 PM »

Thanks CD - well worth downloading. Reminds me a little of Radiohead, one of my fave bands. Why aren't these guys better known?

Dunno.  I have pondered this question about many a band.  I think Whisper in the Noise are a little more 'out there' than Radiohead, and thus a bit too esoteric to be really famous.  But yes I'm surprised that they aren't a little better known in 'indie circles' than they are, as they've already done about 5 albums and they're all pretty decent.
It is too early to say.

« Reply #182 on: June 17, 2008, 09:47:42 PM »
Limewire is a lot of Hotspur.

Soulseek's your man if you're really serious about music, though.
It is too early to say.

« Reply #183 on: June 18, 2008, 01:02:42 AM »
The Presets - Get the Fuck Outta Here.

Suits today's mood.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #184 on: June 18, 2008, 01:14:36 AM »
I've been downloading a lot recently. Been listening to Joy Division, New Order (older stuff), The Moldy Peaches, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Wolf Parade and some Stereolab thrown in.
"All young people need somebody bad to look up to and I hope I can be that for you tonight. "

John Waters

« Reply #185 on: June 18, 2008, 01:20:35 AM »
I also downloaded Hole's Live Through This. Haven't heard it in a long time and was feeling a little  llllllllll llllllllll. Seemed to be the an appropro soundtrack. I forgot too how much I liked it when it first came out. Remember listening to it on a road trip in my friend's "Bitch mobile" as we screamed out the songs.
"All young people need somebody bad to look up to and I hope I can be that for you tonight. "

John Waters

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #186 on: June 26, 2008, 10:29:24 PM »
Dropkick Murphys. Irish Rock.  Could be good for the Sham if you don't already have it.  agagagagag ahahahahah

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #187 on: June 27, 2008, 05:16:52 PM »
Peter Gabriel, right now 'Biko', switching between that and Buddha Bar.

« Reply #188 on: June 27, 2008, 08:43:56 PM »
Ying Yang Twins.

Fab:
Ying Yang Twins ft. Wyclef Jean - Dangerous
Ying Yang Twins ft. Pitbull - Shake

OK:
Ying Yang Twins - Wait (Dirty)
Ying Yang Twins - Say Ai Yi Yi
Ying Yang Twins ft. Eminem & Pitbull - Boom! Its on (Remix)

bqbqbqbqbq:
everything else they recorded. ahahahahah
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #189 on: June 28, 2008, 03:58:27 PM »
 I have been downloading at an insane pace since I picked up my new computer. The previous computer picked up a fatal virus from Limewire, which kind of soured me on downloads. But I am using U Torrent now and have burned more than a dozen CDS with no problem.

My playlist includes Eric Clapton, The Kinks (their mid seventies rock opera period), Slayer, Marilyn Manson, Hoyt Axton (the most under appreciated performer in the history of country music), Howling Wolf, The Who, The Rolling Stones (Let it Bleed...one of the greatest rock albums of all time) and The Police (Synchronicity...still rocks after 25 years)

Also bought an MP4 player. Three years ago I bought a 500 meg MP3 for 350 kuai. Now I can get a 1 gig MP4 for less than 300. How tquickly hings change.

« Reply #190 on: June 28, 2008, 05:54:07 PM »
Yes I use my MP3 to block out the spitting noise while I am riding around on my E-Bike.  I usually listen to hard house as it seems to be the loudest thing to block out all the noise.  When I am home I listen to Robbie Williams, Michael Buble and similiar stuff to that. 

« Reply #191 on: June 30, 2008, 10:59:12 PM »
I'm procrastinating along with The Misfits. There's something really bizarre about listening to Astro Zombies and Skulls in China. I can't help but laugh sometimes.
"I don't need to compromise my principles, because they don't have the slightest bearing on what happens to me anyway." -Calvin
3 greatest things in the world in one website: http://www.boozefoodtravel.com
http://www.TotalTaipei.com
My Taipei travel guide: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RSMVG

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #192 on: July 03, 2008, 09:04:40 AM »

while in Morocco, I had a chance to pick at my old CD collection for strange things that I had not thought of or listened to in a long long time:

- CIty of Angels soundtrack
- Moulin Rouge Soundtrack
- Metallica: Reload
- Metallica: Garage Days revisited vol. 2
- Rod Stewart: When we were the new boys
- Tori Amos: From the choirgirl hotel
- Gnawa: moroccan hippies vol 1
- Sacred musics of the world in Fez 1996

nice and eclectic mix, just the way i like it.
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #193 on: July 05, 2008, 09:04:27 AM »
 Garage Days is great. Reload...not great but does have some good tracks. Has undeserved bad reputation IMO...just too long and loaded with songs that shouldn't have made the final cut.

New York Dolls for me. Saw the remnants at the Beijing Pop Festival, and ever since then I've been dying to hear them again. Their 1973 self titled debut album is one of the great gems of the 70's.

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #194 on: July 05, 2008, 12:12:01 PM »
problem with reload is that it was never supposed to be an album on its own.

The band was in the middle of recording a double album ( load + reload) when they were offered the headlining spot at lolapalooza under the condition that they release an album. so they rushed and got the finished tracks out under the name "load" and left the others in. If you actually sit down and listen to both, it's pretty darn good. There are plenty of relevant and catchy songs!

St. Anger was really different and needed a different approach. It did get a lot of mouthing but in the end, it's music.. the band tried something different that worked for some but not the majority.. at least they tried to experiment unlike other bands that become copycats of themselves.

alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com