Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1200 on: November 11, 2010, 10:14:48 PM »
Cheerio, toodle-pip and howza, Mr. Pocket-Mouse...sorry, couldn't resist, old chap...that's apparently what a Kangaroo is called in Chinese. A squirrel, like myself, is a wood mouse or tree mouse or some such silliness....
Welcome to Bedlam, where jollity runs high, insanity is expected, ranting and raving about everything from the annoying tendency of students to fall asleep in class to the fear of the mental influence of the Air Loom Gang is applauded and pictures of whatever weird/pretty/horrible things you might come across are more than welcome agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Ruth

« Reply #1201 on: November 11, 2010, 10:43:44 PM »
Welcome Kangaroo. Another critter to join our midst.  axaxaxaxax Perhaps we should change the name to Raoul's China Zoo.  kkkkkkkkkk I myself am a kitten or lion, depending entirely on the mood.

Thank you for the compliment.  We do try to be civilized, although I urge you not to look too closely into the dark corners or under the bar stools.  Playing nice with the others is important here.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

Ruth

« Reply #1202 on: November 11, 2010, 11:15:02 PM »
"Oh kill da wabbit, kill da Wabbit..."
I hope you mean some anonymous rabbit who steals the veggies from the garden, and NOT our dear Bunny.  akakakakak
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #1203 on: November 11, 2010, 11:30:11 PM »
I like the Disney Piglet. I think the whole 'older=automatically better' thing must have happened before I was born because I don't quite understand it.  I also prefer The Lion King to Hamlet and the new Doctor Who to old Doctor Who. I'm gonna go hide now before my juvenile mouth gets me into trouble

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1204 on: November 12, 2010, 06:34:52 AM »
quite right James my boy you are way too young to understand. Patrick Troughton was the best Dr Who whatever you say and moreover the old theme tune was just fine before they electrified it.Next you will be saying that you don't get The Magic Roundabout and Paddington. bibibibibi
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

« Reply #1205 on: November 12, 2010, 04:18:55 PM »
My mum made me watch both when I was young and I pretended to like it, but secretly wanted to watch power rangers. The old ones before they got too silly and computerised

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1206 on: November 12, 2010, 08:37:31 PM »
Quite right Kangaroo. The original Shepard illustrations are outstandingly charming and innocent imho, whereas the Disney ones are just like all other Disney characters, marketing ploys. My children grew up with the originals and while they enjoyed the movies they still perceive of the book as the "real" thing.

NATO

« Reply #1207 on: November 13, 2010, 01:34:43 AM »
If you ask me it's all a load of pooh anyway.

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1208 on: November 13, 2010, 01:40:12 AM »
thanks for that invaluable contribution, Nate

« Reply #1209 on: November 13, 2010, 08:41:51 AM »
Disney gets Eeyore smiling.  Sells stuffed animals.

Howdy, Kangaroo!  agagagagag  I recently took a trip to my first China home, a dumpy, dingy little mining town.  Still ugly and provincial, but I'll always love the place.  Consider traveling around; there just may be a newer, better love out there. 
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

NATO

« Reply #1210 on: November 13, 2010, 06:27:57 PM »
thanks for that invaluable contribution, Nate
ha, anytime!

(and welcome Kangaroo)

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1211 on: November 13, 2010, 09:40:58 PM »
Eeyore smiling is a contradiction in terms .He is supposed to be the perpetual pessimist. That's why I loved him so much. He hates everyone and everything.

« Reply #1212 on: November 14, 2010, 06:02:08 AM »
Thank you.  I also resent what they did with piglet: just a bland, pleasant, goody two shoes.  None of the competitive, uptight nature that makes him so funny in the books.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1213 on: November 14, 2010, 09:20:23 AM »
Thank you for your moral support in my time of need,Con

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1214 on: November 20, 2010, 01:38:25 AM »
Yes Kanga but it does somewhat depend on the delivery of the line in the reader's voice. My dad used to read it to me when I was young and I am pretty sure he would have said "Oh great.. " etc in a sort of sarcastic/ironic tone. so I still see him as a chronic depressive.