Guns

• 270 replies
Re: Guns
« Reply #195 on: June 06, 2013, 12:31:21 PM »
Can you even begin to imagine what man will come up with in 50yrs time?
In Australia on the TV last night,they were talking about the REALLY high percentage of School leavers who had difficulty reading and writing. Can you imagine them following any written instructions, particularly those relating to firearms? bibibibibi

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #196 on: June 06, 2013, 03:09:24 PM »
Reminds me of a Constitutional Amendment I'd support:

In order to exercise the right to vote or possess firearms, a citizen, upon reaching the age of 18, must pass a test of basic literacy and common sense.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #197 on: June 08, 2013, 11:55:38 AM »
Reminds me of a Constitutional Amendment I'd support:

In order to exercise the right to vote or possess firearms, a citizen, upon reaching the age of 18, must pass a test of basic literacy and common sense.

And who decides what the definition of these are? Basic literacy? "See Spot Run"? A Dan Brown novel? A NY Times article? "Calvin and Hobbes"? equally problematic is common sense.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #198 on: June 08, 2013, 06:42:35 PM »
I'd vote for a combination of calvin and hobbes, the simpsons and, idunno, maybe the recipe for rice krispie squares. That ought to disenfranchise the tea-farty loonies without inconveniencing the mainstream lunatics.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #199 on: June 08, 2013, 07:13:19 PM »
Field sobriety test.

If you pass.... no gun for you!

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #200 on: June 09, 2013, 08:38:45 PM »
And who decides what the definition of these are? Basic literacy? "See Spot Run"? A Dan Brown novel? A NY Times article? "Calvin and Hobbes"? equally problematic is common sense.

"See Spot Run" all by itself would be a HUGE step in the right direction.
EscapedLunatic.com

A-Train

« Reply #201 on: June 25, 2013, 09:36:16 AM »
... and ammo

SPOKANE, Wash. (RNS) Still angry about the idea of an Islamic cultural center opening near Ground Zero, a group of Idaho gun enthusiasts decided to fight back with a new line of pork-laced bullets.

South Fork Industries, based in Dalton Gardens, Idaho, claims its ammunition, called Jihawg Ammo, is a “defensive deterrent to those who violently act in the name of Islam.”

The bullets are coated in pork-infused paint, which the company states makes the ammo “haram,” or unclean, and therefore will keep a Muslim who’s shot with one of the bullets from entering paradise.

“With Jihawg Ammo, you don’t just kill an Islamist terrorist, you also send him to hell. That should give would-be martyrs something to think about before they launch an attack. If it ever becomes necessary to defend yourself and those around you our ammo works on two levels,” the company said in a press release earlier this month.

The company’s website bills the bullets as “Peace Through Pork” and a “peaceful and natural deterrent to radical Islam.” There’s a related line of apparel that feature slogans like “Put Some Ham in MoHAMed” and a target poster that says “Give Em a Spankin with some Bacon.”

“The nullifying principle of our product is only effective if you are attacked by an Islamist in Jihad,” the company’s website says. “Otherwise, our ammo functions just like any other ammunition, so we obviously insist upon defensive use of our ammo only-not offensive.”

Company officials declined requests to comment.

However, Shannon Dunn, assistant professor of religious studies at Gonzaga University, said South Fork’s concept is based on an inaccurate understanding of the Quran.

“There is no penalty for coming into contact with pork given by the Quran,” she said, pointing to verses that prohibit the consumption of pork and carrion that are reminiscent of Jewish dietary laws outlined in Leviticus.

“To my knowledge, Muslims, especially unknowingly, would not be banned from heaven for eating or getting hit by pork,” she said. “There are some interpreters who suggest that Muslims should eat pork rather than starve, if faced with that alternative.”

Nevertheless, the ammo has plenty of supporters, with more than 4,300 people liking it on Facebook. One fan, Ted of California, said he planned to buy 500 rounds. Another, Jeffrey, said he hoped someone would smuggle the bullets into U.S. military troops.

Tracy Simmons is editor of Spokane Faith & Values.
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

Guangzhou Writer

• Can use chopsticks
« Reply #202 on: June 25, 2013, 02:33:10 PM »
That's eerily similar to an event in India that caused massive rebellions against the British colonialists after they used pork fat in part of their ammunition. It was called the Sepoy Rebellion.

The people marketing those bullets from Idaho are shameful, like that idiot going around burning Korans.

« Reply #203 on: June 25, 2013, 04:13:28 PM »
Why do they give big people toys to small minded people? No, guns and ammo are not toys, but an IQ test has never been required to pocess either.

The making of another bad J-C van Dammit or Steven Segalling movie
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #204 on: June 25, 2013, 07:41:41 PM »
Announcing the newest line of ammo from WTF Were We Thinking Industries.

Death by Chocolate rounds are hollowpoints where the hollow has been filled by the finest chocolate.  Designed as the final kiss goodbye in a relationship gone permanently bad, these rounds are a gift of chocolate that the recipient won't ever have a chance to forget.
EscapedLunatic.com

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #205 on: June 25, 2013, 10:58:28 PM »
Maybe Muslims and pork is like vampires and garlic?

Guangzhou Writer

• Can use chopsticks
« Reply #206 on: June 25, 2013, 11:35:19 PM »
Hi kitano, I'd like to respond to what you said in a straight manner. Not trying to hit back at you, just want to go with the topic.

Whatever you say about Muslims, they have maintained their faith and culture by adhering to their beliefs and principles, which include dietary and banking practices, among other things. If you don't maintain the strictness of these practices, you gradually lose them to have them replaced by someone else's practices and group identity.

As most people probably know, pork is very dangerous to eat because of the types of parasites that you can get from it, which can make their way into any part of your body, including your brain.

Here's a five minute local news story about a woman who got a brain tumor from eating pork.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs6qm03g8c0

« Reply #207 on: June 25, 2013, 11:40:18 PM »

That's just ignorant   kkkkkkkkkk
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #208 on: June 26, 2013, 12:37:25 AM »

I think we should all refrain from making comments like the one above. Let's all try to not make derogatory comparisons targeting specific groups, ethnic, religious or otherwise. I am sure there are forums where one can gladly compare members of a large religious community and their beliefs and customs to undead parasites and silly superstition, however, I would hope that the Saloon would not be one such forum. I am sure Kitano meant his comment in the most light-hearted way, but it's the kind of remark that can seriously rub people the wrong way. Rule of thumb: If you want to keep the peace, don't make fun of religion. 
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

old34

« Reply #209 on: June 26, 2013, 12:56:06 AM »

..... Rule of thumb: If you want to keep the peace, don't make fun of religion

Big Thumbs for that.  bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.