Saloon'ers jamboree in Shanghai

• 83 replies

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: Saloon'ers jamboree in Shanghai
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2007, 04:04:13 AM »
And she only yodeled at me once. I'd left town before she had a chance at an encore... oooooooooo
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2007, 04:26:18 AM »
You left town??  We were going to your apartment.  I did it all the way down the street.

The neighbours didn't complain.  Woza liked it.  I liked it.  What more can I say.  agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag  ahahahahah
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2007, 07:19:03 PM »
She's right: I remember every second.  I repeat the moment in my dreams on occasion.  The woman can yodel.... LOUDLY. aoaoaoaoao
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2007, 10:42:53 PM »
OK folks, I just got paid today, got me a pocket full o' change! Unfortunately, change is about it but I'm itchin' to come hang with y'all. What's up this weekend?

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2007, 11:02:36 PM »
The same as usual, drinking and hanging out in Chicken Bars :)

Come and join the craziness.

agagagagag
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

BamBam

• The Learning Tunnel
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2007, 11:55:19 PM »
PM me or somebody to get you a motel room, or maybe someone has a couch to offer.  Let us know when you will be arriving.  See you this weekend.
Those that think they can, and those that think they can\'t are both right.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2007, 10:46:14 PM »
Massive Shamrock party this Saturday! Costume party/contest is always wild; some of the local weeemin seem to be coming dressed as prominent local chicken bars.
Saturday is also the birthday of our friend Johnny. He's really from Venezuela but I call him a 'Boogie-Uygur'. uuuuuuuuuu

This could indeed be a very weird weekend to come! bfbfbfbfbf jjjjjjjjjj zzzzzzzzzz iiiiiiiiii
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #52 on: October 27, 2007, 12:23:47 AM »
Can't miss this one. Count me in! Uh oh, Suzhou. A la banana splits. Cuida se chango!

« Reply #53 on: October 27, 2007, 05:31:28 AM »
Still no costume...  bibibibibi

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #54 on: October 27, 2007, 06:30:13 AM »
So, don't wear one.

I'm going to a Halloween party. I'll go as I normally do, I figure I look scary enough.

Besides, as a registered druid, it's my new year celebration. Well, actually, I am a registered priest of only two religions, Christian and Norse (interesting hobby for an atheist, getting registered as a priest but I like it). I know some of the ceremonies, the original ones not the crappy Victorian made up ones. If I knew where to register, I would.

Happy new year. Lets sacrifice a few virgin beers.
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #55 on: October 27, 2007, 06:33:57 AM »
I'm low on money and ideas these days. I'll probably be going as an Intoxicated Person. jjjjjjjjjj

Interesting...I'm also a registered minister, and can (and have) performed weddings in Tulsa County, Oklahoma. So, here's to you, Brother! agagagagag

Mr Nobody

« Reply #56 on: October 27, 2007, 06:44:52 AM »
Hey, brother, I have also performed one Norse wedding, and Odin only knows how many cycles of blotas. Christian version of cert was more or less to see if I could get it. I passed all the tests, got a cert. At no time did they ask me if I believed, or I would have been completely truthful.

(Interested people and Eric the Red in particular - NOT and I want to make this very clear, NOT the new age version so called Asatru crap. I was 'ordained' as a godi on a beach in Denmark. I had studied for years, the locals were impressed by my sincerely, and agreed that I knew my stuff, even though an athiest. Besides, would anyone sane WANT a true believer in Norse gods? I think not.)

All Hail the All-father, who, (although he doesn't exist), under many names looks after us all and gives comfort and succour (not sucker, except evangelists).

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #57 on: October 27, 2007, 06:50:38 AM »
Never did a Norse wedding, but I did do an Elvis wedding for my best friend. Dressed as the King hisself, sang a number of his songs with band backup...the whole schmear. I wrote a 2-minute wedding speech that had 71 Elvis song titles embedded in it!

I had one couple who wanted to do their wedding standing in the Illinois River, dressed as trout, and conclude the ceremonies by swimming upstream to spawn. Wish they'd gone through with that one. bibibibibi

Mr Nobody

« Reply #58 on: October 27, 2007, 06:53:12 AM »
OK, you win. Maybe we should do one together sometime. Could be a winner. agagagagag

« Reply #59 on: October 27, 2007, 07:27:25 AM »
Always wanted to get ordained.  Any tips?

englishmoose.com