Euro 2012 - CCTV 5

• 52 replies

kitano

• Children of the Atom
Re: Euro 2012 - CCTV 5
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 02:37:33 PM »
They'll have to play much better than that against Italy. But I think they will!

Finished top of a tough group, into the last 8. I believe

Chief

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 09:41:22 PM »
Well England were bloody lucky last night, stayed up to watch but not sure if it was really worth it today...

Hopefully things improve drastically next match against the Italians or I feel we will probably be exiting this tournament.

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 11:03:01 PM »

Yes they were... Ukraine wasted a lot of opportunities, not to mention the non-call

I was extremely surprised and pleased that Sweden came to play.. that's one hell of show that they put on and my respect for those players went up a few notches.

Well England were bloody lucky last night, stayed up to watch but not sure if it was really worth it today...

Hopefully things improve drastically next match against the Italians or I feel we will probably be exiting this tournament.
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2012, 02:59:23 AM »
The first goal by Sweden was awesome.  Best goal I have seen.  Even the reporters said it was fantastic.   agagagagag agagagagag
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Chief

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2012, 07:47:35 PM »
Germany were fantastic last night and were unlucky the score was not bigger, they are looking really dangerous infront of the goal (again), not looking forward to the match if England go on to beat Italy.

Spain - France tonight my bet being on Spain edging it, these lates nights are really starting to take their toll however  awawawawaw

NATO

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2012, 12:17:07 PM »
England lost on penalties. I don't feel angry or upset, just a bit sorry for the Italians that they didn't manage it in the first 90mins like they should have, many times over. We've been saved an absolute drubbing at the hands of the Germans and finally bowed out of a tournament that we never once looked capable of winning. And what a penalty from Pirlo, exquisite.

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2012, 06:48:52 PM »
For England this tournament just higlighted for me what a handicap Rooney is. First two games we looked limited but dangerous, second two games we just looked limited

To be honest I'm kind of glad, I probably won't say up to watch any more games....

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2012, 06:57:06 PM »
Yeah, Rooney was bloody awful last night.
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2012, 07:01:51 PM »
Yeah, Rooney was bloody awful last night.

And against Ukraine, and in Africa 2 years ago.....

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2012, 10:39:00 PM »
watched Italy-England with my sister-in-law, who is fiercely pro-England. I kept telling her to have faith, thy're hanging in there, they just have to get one lucky break, etc. And the thing is, Hart was a hero in goal for them. No fooling her though. She may be an England fan, but she ain't stupid.
When Pirlo stepped up to the spot, I said, "I love this guy in the mid-field, but can he take a penalty?" yeah, just maybe.  ababababab It was as though to say, "We can play with you all day and you'll never have a chance"
Both semifinals are going to be good to watch. And I'm watching them in Canada, so I don't have to stay up all bloody night for this!

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2012, 02:44:24 AM »
Rooney needs to lose a few pounds...of hair  bhbhbhbhbh

joking aside, I can't recall the last time i enjoyed seeing Italy play before this game. They were attacking, playing beautiful offence and just a joy to watch. Should have had the game bagged in regulations.
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

Chief

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2012, 04:21:08 AM »
England really did not play well last night, no attacking just defending for the majority. In my opinion the team actually played better without Rooney.

A few positives to be had from an improved England performance in this tournament however,glad we did not have to play Germany as they would have decimated England.

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2012, 08:04:51 AM »
I can't recall the last time i enjoyed seeing Italy play before this game. They were attacking, playing beautiful offence and just a joy to watch.

Yup! I put much of that down to Pirlo. He did a lot to control the game, distribute the ball, keep everyone involved. I love guys like that.

« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2012, 06:49:34 PM »
I haven't been staying up to watch all the games, it's just too exhausting, but I'm deffo staying up to watch Potugal Vs Spain tonight  bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf

It's being billed in the Brtish press as the ultimate collectivist VS. individualist clash, which I like the sound of

Collectivist being the total-tiki-taki-football of Spain, a system so close to perfect that they don't even need to field strikers anymore!!

Individualist being, of course, CR7/C.Ronaldo + 10 nobodies. Now I'm not denying that he's a terrific player, but his onfield shenanigans, and constant performing for the camera really gets on my man-boobs.

Therefore I'll be voting for the schadenfreude ticket - VIVA ESPAGNA (that's  prob wrong, so apologies to the Spanish-speakers in the saloon - 西班牙加油!)
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2012, 08:54:06 PM »
Don't think I'll be staying up for this game tonight. I really don't like watching Spain this time around, it could be the staying up, but they are just too cautious. I know it's better to keep the ball than just panic and kick it away like half the England players do, but the constant sideways passing bores me silly.