Why are you here?

• 66 replies

kitano

• Children of the Atom
Re: Why are you here?
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2010, 02:18:47 AM »
What good food bar curry do we have in the UK,Kitano? aaaaaaaaaa

greggs :D

good homecooked british food beats anything for me. british sunday dinner is beautiful if it's done right, so are the meat pies (i mean big pies, not the stuff you eat on the bus...)

personally i prefer english sandwiches to anywhere else, although i haven't been to america, their brands we get in england aren't as good as ours

branston pickle, pork pies, english mustard...

i'm just making myself hungry now :D

also, one of the best things about england is that it is very cosmopolitan in eating. i'm from newcastle which is not a rich or big city and there are a lot of great chinese, indian, italian, french and english restaraunts. plus there are 2 moroccan restaraunts, a couple of middle eastern restaraunts etc etc

i've lived in italy and france and same as china they will make their local food much better than us, but they don't have anything like the variety that we enjoy

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2010, 02:20:55 AM »
oh and scones and all of that malarkey

and fish

and cheese

haha. i just turned down the chance to go visit england with my parents when i'm back in europe and now i regret it....

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2010, 03:51:14 AM »
Ok Kitano I will grant you Branston Pickle, Pub lunches, yorkshire pudding and of course ta da... Marmite!
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

old34

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2010, 04:49:04 AM »
Ok Kitano I will grant you Branston Pickle, Pub lunches, yorkshire pudding and of course ta da... Marmite!

I'm American and we love our pickles and relish.

Once, some months ago in search of pickles, I chanced upon Branston Pickle and I bought a jar. It's more what we call "relish" but it was tasty and did the trick on sandwiches and hot dogs. So count me as one of the few American Branston Pickle fans.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

old34

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2010, 05:28:21 AM »
Branston Pickle is all pickle. Chopped up pickle. What we Yanks would call relish. No mustard involved, though I love mustards too.

Now here's another non USA product I found over here from Australia - Spring Gulley's "Sweet Mustard Pickles". This one is mostly mustard with chopped up pickles inside. A true Mustard Relish but heavy on the mustard. And a tasty mustard it is.

We don't get this stuff at home (U.S.). Funny I have to come to China to find it.

And don't start me on Tim Tams. The greatest cookie extant in the world.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2010, 05:38:28 AM »
Yeah, gotta agree that Tim Tams rock.  I bought a couple packages on my way through Hong Kong and am eating one now. ababababab
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2010, 05:54:44 AM »
Tim Tams yuuuuuuuuuuuuuum bfbfbfbfbf

Dex

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2010, 09:06:14 PM »
I just caught the wrong bus one morning. Instead of getting the 117 from Bethnall Green to Waterloo bypass I ended up on a bus and alighted at Beijing West Train Station.

I thought to myself, ooohh, Waterloo has changed and realised I was different from the rest. I'm still trying to locate the bus back but like it here too much.

"relax" said the night man,
We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like,
But you can never leave!

Train + China + Spring Festival = Torture

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2010, 09:50:04 PM »
Or, just try to book a flight to Canada and find out that CAN really is the international airport code for Guangzhou.  For a change, I'm not even making this stuff up.
EscapedLunatic.com

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2010, 12:40:24 AM »
I think that you get the prize for best answer,Lunatic

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2010, 01:37:56 PM »
I think that you get the prize for best answer,Lunatic

There's more where that came from.  Check this out:

China, the REAL reasons
EscapedLunatic.com

Pashley

• My page at Citizendium
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2010, 02:03:41 PM »
Branston Pickle is all pickle. Chopped up pickle. What we Yanks would call relish. No mustard involved, though I love mustards too.

An oddity there. As of 1990 or so, Canada was both the world's largest exporter of mustard and per capita the world's largest importer. We grow the stuff for export, but we import lots of finished product.
Who put a stop payment on my reality check?

« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2010, 04:12:50 AM »
Are you it's the same stuff, Pashley?  Are we really too lazy to grind it ourselves?
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

cobra

« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2011, 05:44:37 PM »
I saw myself doing the same job and having the same day over and again for the next 25 years and decided that wasn't the life I wanted. I require a lot of stimulation, and felt that teaching English overseas was the best way to have stimulating new experiences without having people shoot at me.

eh... so boring..the same job for the next 25 years...  bibibibibi
As for me , i like to experience doing different kinds of job and it makes me feel happy...)))

cobra

« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2011, 05:46:09 PM »
I am here, for I like this forum very much bfbfbfbfbf...and i like chating on different topics and making good friends,like you, guys)))