Happy Landings, El Jefe

• 76 replies

Ruth

Re: Happy Landings, El Jefe
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2008, 11:57:01 PM »
I want more details on the hallucinating/fishing story.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: Happy Landings, El Jefe
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2008, 12:08:25 PM »
Mmmm...no, ya don't. uuuuuuuuuu

But there are older stories...
Many years ago I took a honeymoon trip with my first charming wife aoaoaoaoao .
We had been given use of a nice lakehouse on a small lake in Texas. It was equipped with a dock and big piles of fishing gear. I spent part of an afternoon out there fishing with live minnows I'd bought back in town.

It was kind of a hot day, and nothing was biting, so as evening approached I wandered back into the house to join my bride. I had a very large and vigorous minnow on my hook, so I just left it in the water. We had also been given a large bag of dried psilocybin mushrooms, and we both ate generously from it. Eventually, though, I remembered the fishing gear, so I went back to the dock to settle it...before it was too late.

I was, uh, already too late. As I walked down to the boat dock, the 'shrooms hit...full force.

I managed to get to the fishing pole and operate the reel well enough to pull in the line. And there, firmly affixed to my hook, was the biggest (and silliest) crappie I'd ever seen in my life. All I was able to do was laugh at it uncontrollably for quite a long time. When I could finally breathe again, I decided that discretion was the better part of valor and managed, still racked by hysterical fits, into a foam cooler full of water. It wasn't until the next day that I was finally able to let the poor thing free.

Of course, today we all know that drugs are bad, and this could never happen to me again. bfbfbfbfbf

Because I usually don't use bait. uuuuuuuuuu
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)