Moving MY Stuff from one School to Another...What to take?

• 18 replies
Re: Moving MY Stuff from one School to Another...What to take?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 03:16:46 AM »
Cheeky, the deodorant was in my checked in luggage, not my hand luggage. It got Xrayed and I couldnt go through security until I went back to check in and opened my checked bag.

Its normal procedure now in the USA and UK to take your shoes off when you land and depart. I was surprised that they were doing it in China. Though, they only did it in Qingdao on departure.

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 03:25:48 AM »
JTB, now you are clear!  agagagagag

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 11:25:32 PM »
My turn, I have just sent all my stuff via CRE (China Rail Express) and it was surprisingly pain-free!

457Y (including 100Y insurance, that's extra) for 80kg (ooopssss......). Oh, and they told me it was no extra cost to have everything delivered to my door down south afterall.

Lugged in all my stuff with a student (unsealed), they threw everything throught the XRay machine, got the okay, filled in a form (only 1!!!!!!), guys expertly sealed everything up (was happy how well done it was), paid the moolah, put labels and extra bits on each piece and away it went. Maybe took 1/2 hour.

And apparently will only take 3-4 days from Baoji to Jiangxi!
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

Ruth

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 11:37:24 PM »
Sounds relatively pain-free, Becster.  Glad it went so smoothly for you.  Here's hoping everything arrives safely.  agagagagag
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.