Where to download songs?

• 6 replies
Where to download songs?
« on: April 29, 2014, 03:43:58 AM »
I need to download a bunch of songs for a class on the history of blues, rock and such in America. My usual go-to site, Baidu, is being silly and suddenly requires a membership. I need to find a good, reliable site where you can swiftly search and download songs. Not a place like demonoid, extratorrent and similar. Any suggestions. I tried Kugou and found it lacking in older tunes.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Tree

• This personal text is false.
Re: Where to download songs?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 04:41:05 AM »
If you can get on the VPN with your mobile device [iPad, phone, etc.] I highly recommend Spotify. You can stream darn near any song. There's a low monthly fee, 8-10$ usd I believe.

Additionally, there are sites that let you "rip" music off of youtube. I haven't used one recently so I'm not sure which to recommend.

Other than that I'm not sure where one can download single songs. You can probably get a torrented album rather quickly.
The greatest and most important problems of life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They can never be solved, but only outgrown.
- Jung

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 12:41:24 PM »
It is all good, I managed to set up a Baidu account. I have Spotify but that does not help when I have to give a whole lot of songs to students as homework... agagagagag agagagagag I don't think they are going to like Robert Johnson... agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Tree

• This personal text is false.
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 06:52:47 PM »
It is all good, I managed to set up a Baidu account. I have Spotify but that does not help when I have to give a whole lot of songs to students as homework... agagagagag agagagagag I don't think they are going to like Robert Johnson... agagagagag

I'm a Chicago boy myself - make 'em listen to it twice for me. :)

If you wanna annoy them play some Iggy and the Stooges or Black Sabbath's first album, or any Motorhead - solid modern rock fundamentals.
The greatest and most important problems of life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They can never be solved, but only outgrown.
- Jung

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 10:07:43 PM »
It might be a good idea to get one of those big compilation torrents, it's awesome having 1gb of songs from a genre in one folder

For Blues btw, there is an amazing series of films made by the top US directors just called 'The Blues'

BrandeX

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 04:21:36 AM »
Use this, don't need to sign in: http://mp3.sogou.com/

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 04:01:23 PM »
Kickass torrents have everything I think.I got some great stuff there, Professor Longhair boogie woogie piano, and some Bluenote Records compilations.
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord