How to Post pics?

• 14 replies
How to Post pics?
« on: February 07, 2008, 05:46:21 PM »
Help!

Want to post a few pics, have looked around here for the answer but nada. I have the pics in Photobucket. So how does it work?

Thanks for the help agagagagag!
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
Re: How to Post pics?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 05:54:03 PM »
ONce they are in Photobucket (and so should be sized around the 650 x 400 mark) then open your thread in the Gallery, go to photobucket, click on the web address of your photo, right click copy, come back to your forum thread, click on the photo icon (bottom row, 2nd from the left above the smilies), then right click paste in between the 2 brackets.

Keep going until you have given us the guided tour!

It's what I am currently doing so you can see bits of my Japan trip.  But I have almost 1000 photos to go through and figure out which ones are OK to upload. aoaoaoaoao llllllllll

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 10:31:26 PM »
What she said.
You can even just paste the link you get from Photobucket etc. directly into your post without using the Photo button. It's all good, baby.

The software on this forum should automatically resize big photos to make them fit our browser window, so you don't have to worry over that any more.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 01:08:08 AM »
What's with photobucket?  I have been trying to download a couple of pictures for over an hour and nothing is happening!  asasasasas asasasasas Is this usual or just a bad day or what? llllllllll llllllllll
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 01:18:54 AM »
Finally it is starting to work.  bibibibibi I guess I am just the impatient type.
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 04:57:46 PM »
Photobucket has not worked for me since I arrived. Not sure but there seems to be some issue with pics on the computer. Can't upload to Facebook either nor attach them to mails in Yahoo. Had to change to gmail as that works.

Is there any other way to upload pictures to the Saloon than using Photobucket?
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 05:47:23 PM »
Photobucket is working...all of the photos I've put here come from it. It is, however, now infuriatingly slow. You may get timeout problems and so on.

By the way, don't forget to go back and check your Photobucket links, if you've ever altered them for what used to be more reliable downloading... llllllllll
You don't want your cool pics permanently replaced by a Photobucket graphic... aoaoaoaoao
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 06:37:02 PM by Raoul Duke »
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 05:51:28 AM »
But I can't get Photobucket to upload anything.  llllllllll llllllllll llllllllll llllllllll llllllllll llllllllll llllllllll llllllllll llllllllll llllllllll
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 09:56:50 AM »
Yes, I'm sure you can't. But then...you're  a dumbass. ahahahahah agagagagag

George

• My view of China
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 10:07:04 AM »
Eric, old boy, Photobucket is working fine for me. Did you tell them you have moved to China??
You're squirrel is still visible, so you must have changed the link. Are your pics too big?? Are you using a school computer or connection??
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2008, 02:27:58 PM »
School internet at campus. I have no idea what is wrong. The other teachers seem to have no problems.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2008, 06:30:32 PM »
The other teachers seem to have no problems.

Hmmmm huh huh hmmmm, la la la de dum...<whistling>... uuuuuuuuuu

Meanwhile, I noticed that I'd typed "Facebook" in many places above where I meant to say "Photobucket".
This is because I, too, am a dumbass. agagagagag

But at least I  can get Photobucket to work. uuuuuuuuuu
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 06:42:20 PM by Raoul Duke »

Ruth

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2008, 08:23:39 PM »
I went through a spell of being unable to upload pictures to Photobucket.  It was a combination of the slow uni server and my not-so-ancient-but-not-top-of-the-line computer.  Managed to get them to upload when I used my hubby's newer, faster computer.  So...you guys quit picking on Eric.  Could be his computer and the uni server.  Not that that helps him any...
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 12:26:24 AM »
Eric, you have type faster. Stop worrying about chipping your nail polish. I'm told it's quite cheap to get your nails done here.

psd4fan

• 在哈尔滨黑龙江中国
    • WillExcel TESOL
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 02:54:42 AM »
If I have photos on my computer how do I post them so they will be nice and big like and not thumb nails? bibibibibi