Jokes from my trashbin

• 1370 replies

Pashley

• My page at Citizendium
Re: Jokes from my trashbin
« Reply #1140 on: February 08, 2014, 12:20:13 PM »
A man decided to retire... He booked himself on a Caribbean cruise and proceeded to have the time of his life, that is, until the ship sank. He soon found himself on an island with no other people, no supplies, nothing, only bananas and coconuts.

After about four months, he was lying on the beach one day when the most gorgeous woman he has ever seen rowed up to the shore.

In disbelief, he asks, "Where did you come from? How did you get here?"
She replies, "I rowed over from the other side of the island where I landed when my fishing boat sank."
"Amazing," he notes. "You were really lucky to have a row boat wash up with you."

"Oh, this thing?" explains the woman. "I made the boat out of some raw material I found on the island. The oars were whittled from gum tree branches. I wove the bottom from palm tree branches, and the sides and stern came from a Eucalyptus tree."

"But, where did you get the tools?"

"Oh, that was no problem," replied the woman. "On the south side of the island, a very unusual stratum of alluvial rock is exposed. I found that if I fired it to a certain temperature in a volcanic vent I found just down island, it melted into ductile iron and I used that to make tools and used the tools to make the hardware."

The guy is stunned.

"Let's row over to my place," she says "and I'll give you a tour."

So, after a short time of rowing, she soon docks the boat at a small hand built wharf. As the man looks to shore, he nearly falls off the boat. Before him is a long stone walk leading to a cabin and a tree house. While the woman ties up the rowboat with an expertly woven hemp rope, the man can only stare ahead, dumb struck.

As they walk into the house, she says casually, "It's not much, but I call it home. Please sit down.""Would you like a drink?"

"No! No thank you," the man blurts out, still dazed. "I can't take another drop of coconut juice."

"Oh, it's not coconut juice," winks the woman. "I have a still. How would you like a Jack Daniels neat?" Trying to hide his continued amazement, the man accepts, and they sit down on her couch to talk.

After they exchange their individual survival stories, the woman announces, "I'm going to slip into something more comfortable. Would you like to take a shower and shave? There's a razor in the bathroom cabinet upstairs."

No longer questioning anything, the man goes upstairs into the bathroom. There, in the cabinet is a razor made from a piece of tortoise bone. Two shells honed to a hollow ground edge are fastened on to its end inside a swivel mechanism.

"This woman is amazing," he muses. "What's next?"

When he returns, she greets him wearing nothing but a bandana around her blonde locks and some small flowers on tiny vines, each strategically positioned, she smelled faintly of coconut oil. She then beckons for him to sit down next to her.

"Tell me," she begins suggestively, slithering closer to him, "We've both been out here for many months. You must have been lonely. When was the last time you had a really good ride? She stares into his eyes.

He can't believe what he's hearing. "You mean..." he swallows excitedly as tears start to form in his eyes, "You've built a Harley?”
Who put a stop payment on my reality check?

« Reply #1141 on: February 08, 2014, 12:54:00 PM »
Thanks Pashley, I wasn't expecting that one! ahahahahah bfbfbfbfbf

Tree

• This personal text is false.
« Reply #1142 on: February 08, 2014, 07:43:34 PM »
A man goes in to a library and asks for a book on suicide.

The librarian says "Forget it! You won't bring it back"
The greatest and most important problems of life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They can never be solved, but only outgrown.
- Jung

xwarrior

« Reply #1143 on: February 20, 2014, 10:39:56 PM »
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1144 on: February 20, 2014, 11:04:41 PM »
I honestly don't know whether I should laugh at how funny that is or cry about the growing idiocy of civilization that this demonstrates in such a clear fashion. ahahahahah ananananan
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

xwarrior

« Reply #1145 on: February 21, 2014, 01:05:04 AM »
I honestly don't know whether I should laugh at how funny that is or cry about the growing idiocy of civilization that this demonstrates in such a clear fashion. ahahahahah ananananan

I feel the same way. Today, I saw an advertisement for a Samsung phone that "pauses when you look away." Fantastic, I thought, civilisation has come down to a button that doesn't need pressing.

agagagagag
- Bette Midler

NATO

« Reply #1146 on: February 21, 2014, 03:04:09 PM »
For all those sick of inane, hyperbolic headlines:

http://downworthy.snipe.net/

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1147 on: February 21, 2014, 09:53:16 PM »
Right up my street.I hate when people say "literally" for no apparent reason.
I Literally Died! -No you didn't you are telling me right now  ahahahahah
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1148 on: February 21, 2014, 10:48:00 PM »
I Literally Died! -No you didn't you are telling me right now  ahahahahah

Maybe they managed to restart your heart in time to literally bring you back to life. ahahahahah
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1149 on: February 22, 2014, 12:14:35 AM »
I Literally Died!
So why didn't you stay that way?

xwarrior

« Reply #1150 on: February 22, 2014, 08:51:02 AM »
Anyway, I thought people were taking the word 'literally' too literally so I have literally upended it into the maw of The Champagne Cabanana. Or, have I? http://raoulschinasaloon.com/index.php?topic=8877.msg164575#msg164575

In an effort to get back on topic I offer the following from the same source ...

30,000 pigs: ten of the best newspaper corrections

A handful of the most amusing and bemusing record-straightening notices.
By Toby Manhire In The Internaut

A correction in the Washington Post delighted lovers of the form the other day. Which is as good an excuse as any to select some of the finest newspaper corrections – beginning with the latest WaPo example, and in no particular order.

1. “An Oct. 14 Style article about access to the prison camp for terrorism suspects at the US naval base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, incorrectly referred to Navy Capt. Robert Durand as ‘thickset’. He should have been described as muscular.”
Washington Post, 2013

2. “Last Sunday, The Herald erroneously reported that original Dolphin Johnny Holmes had been an insurance salesman in Raleigh, NC, that he had won the New York lottery in 1982 and lost the money in a land swindle, that he had been charged with vehicular homicide but acquitted because his mother said she drove the car, and that he stated that the funniest thing he ever saw was Flipper spouting water on George Wilson. Each of these items was erroneous material published inadvertently. He was not an insurance salesman in Raleigh, did not win the lottery, neither he nor his mother was charged or involved in any way with a vehicular homicide, and he made no comment about Flipper or George Wilson. The Herald regrets the errors.”
Miami Herald, 1986

3. “Due to a typing error, Saturday’s story on local artist Jon Henninger mistakenly reported that Henninger’s band mate, Eric Lyday, was on drugs. The story should have read that Lyday was on drums.”
Morning Sentinel, Illinois, 2012

4. “An earlier version of this article misidentified the number of years E.B. White wrote for The New Yorker. It was five decades, not centuries.”
New York Times, 2012

5. “In our interview with Sir Jack Hayward, the chairman of Wolverhampton Wanderers, page 20, Sport, yesterday, we mistakenly attributed to him the following comment: ‘Our team was the worst in the First Division and I’m sure it’ll be the worst in the Premier League.’ Sir Jack had just declined the offer of a hot drink. What he actually said was ‘Our tea was the worst in the First Division and I’m sure it’ll be the worst in the Premier League.’ Profuse apologies.”
Guardian, 2003

6. “An article on Nov. 10 about animal rights referred erroneously to an island in the Indian Ocean and to events there involving goats and endangered giant sea sparrows that could possibly lead to the killing of goats by environmental groups. Wrightson Island does not exist; both the island and the events are hypothetical figments from a book (also mentioned in the article), ”Beginning Again,” by David Ehrenfeld. No giant sea sparrow is known to be endangered by the eating habits of goats.”
New York Times, 2002

7. “In an article on Saturday headlined ‘Flying saucers over British Scientology HQ’, we stated ‘two flat silver discs’ were seen ‘above the Church of Scientology HQ’. Following a letter from lawyers for the Church, we apologise to any alien lifeforms for linking them to Scientologists.”
Sun, 2013

8. “The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our initial regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.”
Ottawa Citizen, 2001

9. “A Nov. 26 article in the District edition of Local Living incorrectly said a Public Enemy song declared 9/11 a joke. The song refers to 911, the emergency phone number.”
Washington Post, 2009

10. “There was an error printed in a story titled ‘Pigs float down the Dawson’ on Page 11 of yesterday’s Bully. The story, by reporter Daniel Burdon, said ‘more than 30,000 pigs were floating down the Dawson River’. What Baralaba piggery owner Sid Everingham actually said was ’30 sows and pigs’, not ’30,000 pigs’. The Morning Bulletin would like to apologise for this error, which was also reprinted in today’s Rural Weekly CQ before the mistake was known.”
Morning Bulletin, Australia

http://www.listener.co.nz/commentary/the-internaut/ten-of-the-best-newspaper-corrections/
- Bette Midler

« Reply #1151 on: February 26, 2014, 05:24:54 AM »
Guy's cruising down the highway way over the speed limit. Cop pulls him over.  "Sorry officer, guess the speedometer got away from me. Happens every time I get hammered and try to drive home."

"What?! You're intoxicated?"

"Well I needed a stiff drink after I shot that guy! It's okay though, I managed to fit the body in the trunk."

"Sir, keep your hands where I can see them. Give me your license and registration right now."

"Well I would but it's in the glovebox where I threw the gun, it's still pretty bloody and I don't want it to fall out until it's dried."

"Do. Not. Move. I'm calling for back-up."

Back-up gets there. Second officer gets out, says

"Sir, please open your trunk." Guy opens it. Clean as a whistle. 

"Please show me your glovebox."  Guy opens it. Clean as a whistle, along with his license and registration.

"I'll need you to take a breathalyzer."  Guy blows a .00

"Well what's going on? This officer said you had a dead body in the trunk, a bloody gun in the glovebox and were drunk."

Guy says,  "Hah, I bet he said I was speeding, too."

ahahahahah
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #1152 on: February 26, 2014, 05:30:33 AM »
A little kid opens a box of Animal Crackers. The mom leaves him alone in the kitchen for a couple of minutes and then returns to see a giant pile of crackers on the kitchen table.

She asks "What are you doing?"

The little kid responds "The box said 'do not eat if seal is broken'. So I'm looking for the seal."

« Reply #1153 on: February 26, 2014, 05:35:09 AM »
A man saw a dog tied to sign entitled "talking dog for sale: ten dollars". He stops to enquire, and on a whim, asks the dog, "So can you really talk?"

"Yes", the dog replies, "I was experimented on in 1940 by an elite group of Nazi scientists. I got away and hopped on a ferry to America, but not before biting Hitler. I now work part-time for the FBI"

The man, amazed, runs to the front door and gives the owner of the dog his $10. Before walking away, the man, overcome by curiosity, finally asks "how come you're selling him so cheap?"

"Because", his owner replies, "he's a fucking liar."

« Reply #1154 on: February 26, 2014, 05:38:47 AM »
What is the dumbest animal in the jungle?

A polar bear.