Another RIP

• 2 replies

A-Train

Another RIP
« on: April 21, 2013, 04:41:39 PM »
Time to celebrate the life of another great contributor. If you grew up in the '70's, you can't help but have a visceral reaction to these pictures of Storm Thorgerson's album covers. (Great counterweight to Thatcher...in a roundabout way)

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2013/04/rip-storm-thorgerson-10-of-his-best-album-covers/
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

Re: Another RIP
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 05:29:05 PM »
I was going to mention this, but I thought there would be so few people who would know about his contributions. Even Gilmour said he talked often to Storm and not just music.

We'll see him on the dark side of the moon again soon
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

A-Train

Re: Another RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 07:01:02 PM »
Those album covers seemed to define Pink Floyd almost as much as their music.  What a perfect match.  Unique, sublime, cerebral and always a social message.  Just like the music. I had no idea he did so much.  "Houses of the Holy"?  Really?
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck