Only to be seen in China

• 27 replies
Only to be seen in China
« on: January 08, 2010, 03:37:35 AM »
I thought we already had a thread on this but could not find it after searching everywhere.

Anyway, here goes the story. I am just in Chengdu now for a short trip and saw a strange thing. I was just at the local bank to get some cash out to prepare myself for my upcoming weekend and the start of the holidays, when I seen some activity in the bank. At first I figured it was the cleaning staff dancing around with their mops but imagine my suprise, when upon closer inspection it was all the banks female young female staff out in their skin tight dancing outfits practicing some performance and dancing all around the lobby. Needless to say I spent an extraordinary amount of time at the ATM to get my cash out while ogling the young ladies. They were actually quite good (in more ways than one) uuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuu afafafafaf afafafafaf

xwarrior

Re: Only to be seen in China
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 06:16:46 AM »
Maybe the first man to deposit while performing a debit operation at an ATM in China. Maybe not!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 06:23:56 AM by xwarrior »
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 06:24:59 AM »
well, i did start trying to hand out my shiny jiaos but they just would not take them from me. afafafafaf afafafafaf

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 08:42:56 AM »
I caught the girls at TrustMart practicing their dance moves on a remote balcony outside the store.  Sadly, no skintight outfits, but it was still very nice to watch. afafafafaf
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Pashley

• My page at Citizendium
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 03:49:23 PM »
The two unis I've worked at recently both have several dance groups that sometimes practice outside. Fujian weather encourages that.

At both, there are all-female groups that are definitely worth a look, but the real mind-blowers are a mostly-male break dance team.
Who put a stop payment on my reality check?

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 07:07:39 PM »
it's kind of amazing that china of all places doesn't understand how sleazy men are  ahahahahah ahahahahah

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 07:31:22 PM »
Kitano, what makes you think that they don't? uuuuuuuuuu afafafafaf ahahahahah ahahahahah

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 11:20:49 PM »
i was kind of shocked at christmas cos the students did a talent show,and some of the younger ones did dance routines to hiphop. so i was sat in the nightclub they rented out and watching the performances and 4 fifteen year old girls in tight clothes came on and did this synchronised sexy dancing to Usher

one of the wrongest things i've ever seen

Borkya

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 01:17:21 AM »
I saw a performance on a Uni girl dancing to some modern pop song and doing all the "sexy" dance moves, but she just had no natural rhythm or style so it was heeeelarious.

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 05:40:54 PM »
I had a simialr experience when I visited Chongqing zoo...

just outside of the red panda enclosure a group of men and women in their mid 40s had a little portable stereo and were practising some bizarre dance routine.

It involved them pretending to reap and sow crops... then they all partnered up and did a kind of sweeping waltz beofre going back to their farming routine.

Only in China.

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 05:48:08 PM »
 Does this have to be dance related? Because I had a very much "Only in China" moment of a very different nature the other night.

I saw a cab parked on the side of the road with the flag up, and being that it was minus 13, was quite happy to pay 10 kuai to save the ten minute walk home. But as I approached the cab, I didn't see a driver inside. I did however hear what appeared to be the sound of running water. I went around the passenger side and saw some guy pissing on the sidewalk near the rear passenger door. When he finished, he zipped up and said, "Qu nar?"

ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 06:33:07 PM »
 ahahahahah

Only in China alright.
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 08:24:16 PM »
Our building set off fireworks this morning.  The launchy ones all reached their zenith right at our floor, outside the window of the teacher's office.  They were the size and shape of tennis balll cans, and when they detonated the casing would fly angrily off in one direction, hitting our window a couple of times.

Frikkin' AWESOME.  qqqqqqqqqq
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 02:48:06 AM »
another dancing one: on my 15 min walk to school, every 2nd shop is a barber shop/hairdresser.  The brightly coloured staff of these establishments can often be found on the sidewalk, dancing to a portable sound system.

There are a couple of salons opposite each other which I am convinced have dance offs. 

On the same note: is it just Ningbo, or are the beauty salons more popular with men than with women all over China?  I still haven't seen a female person (besides staff) inside one of these shops.  Or maybe it's just my street...or maybe they are not hairdressers at all????   mmmmmmmmmm

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 03:43:44 AM »
my new school did the opening ceremony today, really standard opening, a couple of senior bosses, a couple of customers etc, snacks and drinks, teachers give speeches about our training system etc

what better way to kick it off than 4 of the chinese tutors doing badly synchronised dancing to some shit chinese techno? at 10 in the morning