Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #165 on: June 12, 2007, 09:58:50 PM »
I've heard of cheese strings, but I've never heard of drink strings.  mmmmmmmmmm Could you describe them to me please.  acacacacac
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #166 on: June 12, 2007, 10:59:00 PM »
All this time I was thinking it was hair in the booze.  Imagine that, drink strings.  Oh by the way, the missus has decided to get her own ID here as she doesn't want everyone to think that we thing/speak/whatever the same - My better half - Rose Petal.  I think I have mentioned once that she was also known as My Lady of the Roses.
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

George

• My view of China
« Reply #167 on: June 12, 2007, 11:23:41 PM »
All this time I was thinking it was hair in the booze.  Imagine that, drink strings.  Oh by the way, the missus has decided to get her own ID here as she doesn't want everyone to think that we thing/speak/whatever the same - My better half - Rose Petal.  I think I have mentioned once that she was also known as My Lady of the Roses.
Good idea! Welcome aboard Petal. Now give us the other side to all his stories!! afafafafaf afafafafaf afafafafaf
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Em

« Reply #168 on: June 12, 2007, 11:33:12 PM »
Hi All

My name is Emma and I am a 23 year old New Zealander heading your way in November this year. I am going to be doing a TEFL course at the Boland School as I will be new to teaching English. I am actually a television editor so a bit of a career jump but I am keen to do a bit of travelling. Never been to China before this huge leap of faith so any advice anyone has will not fall on deaf ears :)

« Reply #169 on: June 12, 2007, 11:39:07 PM »
Emma, you should talk to Raoul about Bolands.  Their reputation has gone south recently.
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #170 on: June 13, 2007, 12:44:40 AM »

I'm gonna wait until I find out the choice here (not that there's anything wrong with it). Then I'll buy drinks

Drinks with strings? ???

Stil's conditions must be met before he forks out for a round.... his drink buying has "strings attached" hence, drinks with strings.  ahahahahah
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007, 12:46:55 AM by Lone Traveller »
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

babala

« Reply #171 on: June 13, 2007, 12:45:01 AM »
Welcome em, have a drink on er.. George (I need to save my money for the move bfbfbfbfbf)    agagagagag
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. Homer Simpson

George

• My view of China
« Reply #172 on: June 13, 2007, 12:48:04 AM »
Some people are a bit too free with my tab, Em, but since it's for you.....drink up!!! agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag

babala

« Reply #173 on: June 13, 2007, 12:51:24 AM »
George once I secure a new job then the next round's on me (I'll even spring for the real stuff afafafafaf)
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. Homer Simpson

« Reply #174 on: June 13, 2007, 12:51:38 AM »
George If I ask nicely, could you buy me two? One for Em and the other for me Em.
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2007, 01:36:06 AM »
Sheeesh! It'll have to be a bloody nice ask!!

« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2007, 01:42:14 AM »
My most excellent Sir George, would you be so kind as to bestow upon me the gracious gift of 2 of the bars finest beverages. I realise as a peasant it is entirely inappropriate for me to even think of making such a request, however I've been told of your magnificance, kindnest and the awesome amount of knowledge your incredibly handsome head holds. As such I though I'd take the opportunity to make my request and just to stand in your pressance.

Your humble servant
LT

« Reply #177 on: June 13, 2007, 01:43:05 AM »
Is that any good?  amamamamam

George

• My view of China
« Reply #178 on: June 13, 2007, 01:52:20 AM »
Not bad, but I didn't see "please" anywhere there!!

« Reply #179 on: June 13, 2007, 01:55:57 AM »
Please ...  amamamamam