azdave

Re: Introductions
« Reply #1291 on: March 15, 2011, 04:38:12 AM »
I'm looking forward to it.  agagagagag

flip

« Reply #1292 on: March 23, 2011, 08:55:50 PM »
Hello everyone!

I've found this forum to be very interesting, and quite entertaining!  Seeing as I will be spending around most of this year in China (starting in May), and I think it will be nice to share experiences with others who are living or have lived there!

I've been to China last summer for the first time with my girlfriend and we spent 6 weeks backpacking several cities.  I'd been taking courses in university to learn Chinese, and though it helped, it wasn't very helpful in understanding them in particular!  Nevertheless, I'm quite eager to go back and perfect my skills!  I seriously can't wait!

I'm in my late early mid-twenties, and I'm from the great land of bmbmbmbmbm.

- flip

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1293 on: March 23, 2011, 09:06:45 PM »
Be careful.  I hear they let Escaped Lunatics run loose in this Saloon. ahahahahah
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

flip

« Reply #1294 on: March 23, 2011, 09:20:52 PM »
No worries, I work nights at a hotel/motel currently, I've seen things, man.

Since I can't find an emoticon of a hippie looking dude who says he's seen things (man), I'll use this one, because it's just awesome:  :lickass:

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1295 on: March 23, 2011, 09:30:13 PM »
You think you've seen things?  Man, I've seen things that have seen things even crazier than the things you've seen. acacacacac

Things that come slithering out of the walls even in broad daylight, man. aoaoaoaoao

Things that even see me back when I'm seeing them. I'd close my eyes, but them they'd see me when I'm not seeing them. aqaqaqaqaq

Oh man, here comes another one.  Aaaaahhhh!!  eeeeeeeeee
EscapedLunatic.com

flip

« Reply #1296 on: March 23, 2011, 09:44:37 PM »
There IS a hippie!

Well for what it's worth, very nice to meet you Escaped Lunatic!  I'd assume that living in China has put you in line of sight of quite a many sights! aqaqaqaqaq

The 6 weeks I spent there were just awesome, but sometimes shocking! aaaaaaaaaa

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1297 on: March 23, 2011, 10:17:09 PM »
Ah, the sights I've seen here.  From  akakakakak akakakakak akakakakak to  aoaoaoaoao aaaaaaaaaa aoaoaoaoao

I'm in beautiful Dongguan, Guangdong Province.  Drop in and I'll show you my baijiu collection. agagagagag
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1298 on: March 23, 2011, 10:19:43 PM »
Hey flip, quick list of places. Where would you say "I could live here forever" vs "if I never return, I won't be disappointed"

Where are you headed this time?

And don't worry about any escaped lunatic(s), he is (they are) just over-aged teenagers
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

flip

« Reply #1299 on: March 23, 2011, 10:37:33 PM »
Hmmm, that's a tough one.  I feel like I could have stayed in Chengdu forever.  Although the food is just spicy, I just enjoyed the city and its structure.  Just a drive away from pandas in Bifengxia (and also the beautiful scenery in that gorge!) and also Emei Shan which I would love to see again since it was too brief, and the monumental statue at the top was partially hidden in clouds. I also absolutely loved Guilin, which has beautiful scenery all around including Yangshuo.

I don't think there's any city I wouldn't return to that I've visited, but I don't think I'd ever miss not going back to Expo in Shanghai.  It was intense!  I learned to appreciate civilized lines though.  bfbfbfbfbf

I'll be heading to Beijing for 2 months in order to study Mandarin, and ~ 4 months later will be heading to Shanghai for a semester abroad, which will be my last hopefully, and I can stay for a while and get them to mail my diploma.  bhbhbhbhbh

I've tried the baijiu in Beijing last time I was there at a local friend's birthday party, a little too intense for me! But I'll have a beer or two!  agagagagag

AMonk

« Reply #1300 on: March 23, 2011, 11:54:33 PM »
Glad to see you here, Flip agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #1301 on: March 24, 2011, 07:15:36 PM »
Nice to meet you Flip!

NATO

« Reply #1302 on: March 31, 2011, 12:19:07 AM »
Yo Flip, currently in Chengdu and really enjoying it myself. The food is not 'just spicy' tho!

flip

« Reply #1303 on: March 31, 2011, 08:04:22 PM »
Actually I think I meant to say just spicy as in: just too spicy for me.  And I mean local food.

How is it living there long term?  How are the local folks on the long run?

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #1304 on: April 03, 2011, 09:32:08 PM »
No...the food in Chengdu is FREAKIN' spicy. But good, if you like that sort of thing. And I do. bfbfbfbfbf
Sichuan Province can be a tough place to be British or Canadian. ahahahahah

Even restaurants featuring food from other places often adapt the dishes to appease the local hardcore Scoville-unit addicts. And they ARE addicts...super-spicy food, shall we say, speaks in tongues  to the pleasure centers of your brain, and over time you get to where you can't really function without it. aoaoaoaoao

Oh well...hook me up, baby. agagagagag
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)