Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #735 on: October 28, 2008, 04:27:39 AM »
Hey there - wow, what a welcome! Cheers guys.  agagagagag

And what a week it's been!  Yes, this is my first time in China and I wish I'd done it years back.bibibibibi  I've managed to find some accommodation with a Chinese family on the edge of town which is just great.  I couldn't have asked for a better start. I'm a little concerned about the visa thing although two companies I've encountered so far seemed to think it wouldn't be an issue.  I'll wait and see.  I'd hate to have to go back home now that I got here but I'm enjoying it so much that I'm definately intent on sticking around!!!

I've met some great locals and some people here from back home - all are making me very welcome and at home already.  I have some work on the cards so hoping the visa issue won't be too much of a headache - I'll let you know.

bfbfbfbfbf
Jo

« Reply #736 on: October 28, 2008, 11:05:22 PM »
Hey Jo ... Welcome. Sorry I'm late to the festivities.. however, since we need very little a reason to celebrate here in the saloon... I'll start it all over again... For the next 3hrs... George's tab is open. Help yourselfs.  bfbfbfbfbf agagagagag axaxaxaxax
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #737 on: October 29, 2008, 01:03:51 AM »
For the next 3hrs... George's tab is open. Help yourselfs.
aoaoaoaoao
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #738 on: October 29, 2008, 01:46:42 AM »
Welcome, Jo and Lin. agagagagag agagagagag

Jo, glad you have a good first impression.  We all may be able to answer your visa questions, if you give us more specifics. 
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #739 on: October 29, 2008, 01:49:17 AM »
ummmm maybe I should have been  more specific... I meant you BAR TAB not the other tab.  apapapapap
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #740 on: October 29, 2008, 02:06:20 AM »
I meant you BAR TAB not the other tab
Ah! That's OK then!!!

fox

« Reply #741 on: October 29, 2008, 05:18:24 AM »
welcome aboard indeed, lin.
regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.

« Reply #742 on: November 01, 2008, 05:33:31 PM »
Hey all,

New to China and new to the Saloon. Have been lurking a bit, but now I'm ready to come out and play.  :wtf:

Arrived in China a few months ago and have been teaching at a university in Ganzhou, Jiangxi province for about a month. It's a nice life so far and a good opportunity to develop my teaching skills and see if it is a career that I want to commit to.

I'm keen to be involved in the Saloon so that I can stay connected with a teaching community while in China. The opportunity to share experiences of China will be therapeutic and I might also learn a thing or two 'bout teaching as well.

I recently finished university in New Zealand and did a CELTA then ventured over to China. It's good to be here. 

George

• My view of China
« Reply #743 on: November 01, 2008, 05:44:32 PM »
Welcome aboard, Bentham. Kiwis are sadly lacking here. Drinks are on the Canadians!! agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag

« Reply #744 on: November 01, 2008, 05:56:52 PM »
Welcome Bentham agagagagag agagagagag Named after the venerable Jeremy Bentham? Jiangxi province, that's where I used to hop about. Anyway, again, a hearty welcome to the Saloon and to the Friendliest Place on Earth AKA China. Pull up a chair and let's get dashed foxed...the Canucks are paying :alcoholic: :alcoholic:
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

AMonk

« Reply #745 on: November 01, 2008, 06:43:32 PM »
Hello, Bentham.  Welcome to the madhouse Saloon.  Nice to see a new face.  Barkeep, a couple of agagagagag over here, Please.  And slide that plate of Toasties over, too.
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #746 on: November 01, 2008, 07:35:06 PM »
EXCUSE ME GEORGE  aoaoaoaoao Wo shi laoshi, wo meiyou chen  llllllllll asasasasas

Bentham,  The  drinks and toasties are on GEORGE.  The Canadians will volunteer themselves when they want to run a tab!!  George is sneaky that way  asasasasas

Canada rules bmbmbmbmbm  George stays sober tonight  uuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuu
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #747 on: November 01, 2008, 08:25:06 PM »
DS, it is Saturday night. I doubt that will be the case  ahahahahah

Welcome, Bentham. Enjoy your time and post away!  agagagagag

George

• My view of China
« Reply #748 on: November 01, 2008, 08:48:23 PM »
Bloody Canadians. Cheap as chips!! kkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkk

« Reply #749 on: November 01, 2008, 09:18:13 PM »
Welcome aboard, Bentham. agagagagag  You're right on the money: this is a bitchin' place to ask questions and plain old vent.  Kept me going my first year in the Big Silly.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com