Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #345 on: September 15, 2007, 09:06:30 PM »
Many thanks for the welcome. One day I'll visit the ladie's lounge and we can all chat about our misspent youth. We older folk may also have some interesting stories from the not too distant past.It's a well known saying,that many a good tune has been played on an old fiddle. Sorry guys,but this looks like a ladie's lounge topic.(well for the ladies anyway)

Newbs, Peter Allen's grandfather was the saddler in Tenterfield and Peter wrote the song as a tribute to him.Peter's grandfather's brother taught me to swim. I know that Peter came to Tenterfield on holidays; truth be known, he was probably one of the boys I'd get into punch ups with down the creek behind my house. uuuuuuuuuu

Lotus Eater,it's nice to know that you have been through my little town. I now live in Brisbane.

Confuciusly Confused

• The Chinese are tripping me out!
« Reply #346 on: September 16, 2007, 06:42:13 PM »
Hi all!

I'm Maple Muncher, and yeah, I guess that would make me Canadian.  Lived most of my adult life in and around TO.  I'm 36 years old and got sick of the rat race back home... didn't know I was trading that for an insanity race here in China, but whatever, I prefer insanity to rats any day of the week.

Just got into Suzhou about a week ago now and the honeymoon phase is in full effect!  Loving it here. Everyone has been extremely friendly and helpful. If it weren't for that, this would be a different post altogether... so thanks for all the guidance and tips (you know who you are).

Still trying to wrap my brain around the Chinese mentality and the way things work here.  Looking forward to sharing those thoughts here at Raoul's!

Muncher.

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #347 on: September 16, 2007, 07:54:04 PM »
Still trying to wrap my brain around the Chinese mentality and the way things work here.  Looking forward to sharing those thoughts here at Raoul's!

If you manage to do this, please be ready to give lessons or seminars or write a short book. 
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

Newbs

« Reply #348 on: September 16, 2007, 11:19:00 PM »
Welcome Maple muncher, and what eagle said.
Lived most of my adult life in and around TO. 
Or, as they would say on South Park, "the quaint little Canadian village of Toronto."

And share away on your thoughts, as you sip on a pijiu or two. agagagagag

Confuciusly Confused

• The Chinese are tripping me out!
« Reply #349 on: September 17, 2007, 06:28:56 AM »
Thanks for the welcome all!  I'll be sipping pijiu for sure... or rather, gulping pijiu!

Newbs, LOL! Yes it is a quaint little village eh?

Missi, you are probably qualified to publish something on the subject of China after 6 years as Eagle has suggested!

My sanity has been questioned by others before, but now I'm starting to question it... probably a good thing!

« Reply #350 on: September 17, 2007, 07:38:25 AM »
Welcome, Muncher! It is kinda difficult to publish anything. Except for the days of our lives in expat community. Once upon a time I started a blog. But then Nolefan killed it. And then I left my single life behind  agagagagag We have a lot to share. But will it be relevant? China changes every day so much that you at times can't keep up with the way the Chinese also change their minds.  bibibibibi

George

• My view of China
« Reply #351 on: September 17, 2007, 11:46:05 AM »
Welcome aboard, Muncher.  agagagagag agagagagag Strange handle you chose. Has me thinking about Beavers.....and Maple trees...and dams......and stuff like that!!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #352 on: September 17, 2007, 11:53:42 AM »
hiya Muncher man and welcome aboard.   agagagagag
I am still learning. Michelangelo

« Reply #353 on: September 19, 2007, 02:13:05 PM »
David here. American who is still alive and kicking in Beijing after 3 years.
Previous salon member who fell off the face of the web but, back and in yer face.

check out my band. http://mob.rockinchina.com. international thrash metal with members from 3 countries.

still loving china but, not too sure about beijing now. Want to go to another city.

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #354 on: September 19, 2007, 05:17:24 PM »
Previous salon member who fell off the face of the web but, back and in yer face.

Well that certainly explains the great hair!

What band Juggler? It wouldn't be Raging Mob by chance would it? If so I caught you guys last week at the Rockyear.com show. Good group and and I love the logo.

Um...if that wasn't you you should check 'em out.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #355 on: September 19, 2007, 06:40:18 PM »
I figure it's them - the url goes to Raging Mob and there is a guy called David in it.

« Reply #356 on: September 19, 2007, 08:02:49 PM »
Every band has a guy called David in it.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Newbs

« Reply #357 on: September 20, 2007, 01:38:33 AM »
Welcome back Juggler.  Have a  agagagagag  We've washed the glasses since you were last here, I swear.

« Reply #358 on: September 20, 2007, 03:45:23 AM »
Hi, juggler. Noles and I are in Beijing. How come we don't know you? I'll have a mango milkshake, thanks  agagagagag

« Reply #359 on: September 21, 2007, 05:49:49 AM »
Ew. No, hon. I don't like Pizza Hut. Perhaps in your city they are yummy, here everything that comes out of Pizza Hut is crap  aaaaaaaaaa