Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1425 on: August 20, 2011, 03:29:27 AM »
No problem...there really isnt many foreigners in Hainan...or there wasnt when I was there....most of them seem to know each other.

fen

« Reply #1426 on: August 25, 2011, 10:38:51 PM »
Well Raoul! you got me. i did dont know what i should say at first. then i just give a short introduction about me. I think in the future i will have many questions to ask you guys. ok cut the cackle. I am a chinese. work and live in HangZhou. Nice to meet you guys. If you have some questions about chinese local things, i can help you. ok. yeah just say Hi. Hi everyone. haven't familiar with this forum. hehe.

AMonk

« Reply #1427 on: August 25, 2011, 10:44:58 PM »
Hello, woyeya agagagagag  Glad to see you here bfbfbfbfbf
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #1428 on: August 26, 2011, 10:32:00 AM »
G'day Woyeya and welcome from an Australian living in Brisbane, Queensland. bfbfbfbfbf agagagagag

« Reply #1429 on: August 26, 2011, 01:08:24 PM »
Hi Woyeya  agagagagag
I'll tell you all my secrets but I'll lie about my past. (Tom Waits)

« Reply #1430 on: August 28, 2011, 01:52:48 AM »
Ni Hao Woyeya  agagagagag
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. -Albert Einstein

SpV

« Reply #1431 on: August 31, 2011, 09:33:50 AM »
Hi all,

Just to introduce myself to everyone, as I can see myself spending a lot of time here, I will be moving to China (Yangzhou to be precise) within the next few weeks, to take up a teaching job and I can't bloody wait!!

I'm travelling along with my girlfriend, who I met just under 3 years ago when we where both fresher’s at The University of Hull, I studied Law, she did Psychology. Neither of us knew exactly what we wanted to do post uni, I'd already spent 4 and a half years working for a law firm in the city of London prior to uni and knew that definitely wasn’t I wanted to do again, we both fancied seeing the world so did our research and the world of EFL is where we ended up. So we did our TEFL courses, applied for some jobs and here we are!

We didn't know exactly where we wanted to go, first off we thought about South Korea but after a fair bit of research on the internet we decided that was a non-starter, so next we looked at China, after hearing many good things from various different people, the research we did seemed fine, so the decision was made!

More about me, I'm 25 and from London, a fanatical Charlton Athletic fan and I have a horrible feeling not being able to see my boys in red may just be the hardest part about living away from the UK!

I've already spent a week or so lurking the sight to see how things work around here and to be sure it's not the same as some of the other sites/forums I've found on the internet and I have to say, some of the information on this site really is top notch, so thanks a lot for that  ahahahahah.

I know this may not be the correct place to ask and if it isnt, I'll happily make a new thread for it, although I'd rather not clog the board up too much straight away! However, I can't seem to find a straight answer on the internet, so, here goes: Will I have any problems getting through customs with my Kindle and XboX in my luggage?

Thanks for reading,

SpV

« Reply #1432 on: August 31, 2011, 10:25:17 AM »
G'day SpV and welcome aboard. agagagagag You have come to the right place as there are a lot of nice helpful people here. Hope things work out well for you and the girlfriend. bfbfbfbfbf I'm looking forward to hearing more about your life in China.

« Reply #1433 on: August 31, 2011, 01:15:48 PM »
Welcome SpV  agagagagag
I'll tell you all my secrets but I'll lie about my past. (Tom Waits)

jpd01

« Reply #1434 on: August 31, 2011, 01:55:32 PM »
Welcome aboard, to answer your question you should be fine. I brought my xbox when I came a couple of years ago and it was fine. Just remember to pack it up really well and it should survive the journey.
"I don't understand what I did wrong except live a life that everyone is jealous of." Charlie Sheen.

« Reply #1435 on: August 31, 2011, 02:28:12 PM »
Welcome, SpV agagagagag agagagagag If you invest in a VeePeeN, you should be able to watch all the footy you want. As for bringing the Kindle, no worries, I brought mine back and forth twice and had no problems. I do believe it is only if electronic thingies are shipped here that one encounters problems.  agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

AMonk

« Reply #1436 on: August 31, 2011, 11:19:18 PM »
Welcome SpV agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

NATO

« Reply #1437 on: August 31, 2011, 11:48:09 PM »
Hi all  bjbjbjbjbj

« Reply #1438 on: September 01, 2011, 11:28:12 AM »
Welcome SpV.   agagagagag agagagagag
"Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same."  (Oscar Wilde)

CWL

« Reply #1439 on: September 20, 2011, 02:14:30 PM »
Hi,

Meandering through the saloon has been very informative.   

Thanks,

CWL