Introductions

• 1851 replies

Mimi

Re: Introductions
« Reply #1095 on: May 30, 2010, 06:26:22 PM »
Yes, umbrellas all summer long... right at my eye level.  I remember that well.

Welcome everyone!

« Reply #1096 on: May 30, 2010, 06:48:18 PM »
Welcome everyone, great to see so many new faces!

« Reply #1097 on: May 31, 2010, 12:06:54 AM »
Welcome Chaps and Chappettes!

May your job hunting be fruitful... unless it happens to coincide with a job I'm going for  uuuuuuuuuu

agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag

WELCOME TO THE SALOON!
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

« Reply #1098 on: May 31, 2010, 05:09:49 PM »
Welcome, Emily! agagagagag  Smart of you to take your time finding the right gig.

NATO and Invictus: Good luck with the CELTA.  Hope you'll share here- I want to take it some time this year.  bfbfbfbfbf
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Invictus

• "文武双全"
    • My Band @ MySpace
« Reply #1099 on: May 31, 2010, 07:05:37 PM »
From a newbie to newbie: WELCOME, ONE AND AAALL! hehehe

Con: I'll be sure to sound off soon as the fit hits the shan. Seven days to doomsday. hahaha
“就算杀了一个我,还有千千万万个我。“

« Reply #1100 on: June 01, 2010, 04:31:16 PM »
Actually, I don't expect to hear a word from you for the next month, until it's all over- I'm the workload is unreal.  But an embittered, burntout recap when it's over would be cool.

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Invictus

• "文武双全"
    • My Band @ MySpace
« Reply #1101 on: June 02, 2010, 02:38:07 PM »
Actually, I don't expect to hear a word from you for the next month, until it's all over- I'm the workload is unreal.  But an embittered, burntout recap when it's over would be cool.

I hear that myself but I'm skeptical. The majority of complainers tend to be the slackers with zero time management skills. Either way, a recap is forthcoming!
“就算杀了一个我,还有千千万万个我。“

NATO

« Reply #1102 on: June 09, 2010, 08:49:44 AM »
I did my course in March, though that isn't clear from my post - bit concerning that I will be teaching others how to communicate when I can't even do it myself!  bibibibibi

The CELTA I did was quite intense but I really enjoyed it which meant the intensity of focus didn't bother me. Hopefully it goes the same way for you Invictus and you Con when you do it. Oh and Invictus this is coming from someone with poor time management skills and a habit of leaving things too late (I work better under pressure...or something like that!).

Also, I meant to say hi to Emily and everybody else since my earlier post.

Invictus

• "文武双全"
    • My Band @ MySpace
« Reply #1103 on: June 09, 2010, 12:13:37 PM »
Thanks, NATO. Just finished day 2 and I have a 40-minute lesson tomorrow. They gave me the outline, so I just need to use some creativity and flesh it out. So far it's easy, though I don't have much time, mostly 'cause the course is 9-5pm, so I gotta run home, prepare for the next day and by the time I've done my personal stuff it's time for bed in fact I'm so busy I don't even have time to waste with punctuation.
“就算杀了一个我,还有千千万万个我。“

« Reply #1104 on: June 09, 2010, 04:12:33 PM »
I'm skeptical. The majority of complainers tend to be the slackers with zero time management skills. Either way, a recap is forthcoming!

I'm gonna have SOOOO much fun throwing this quote in your face all month.  uuuuuuuuuu

Break a leg.  Knowledge and training can't be seized by bankrupcy court or lifted out of your wallet.

englishmoose.com

« Reply #1105 on: June 09, 2010, 05:24:31 PM »
I'm skeptical. The majority of complainers tend to be the slackers with zero time management skills. Either way, a recap is forthcoming!

I'm gonna have SOOOO much fun throwing this quote in your face all month.  uuuuuuuuuu

Break a leg.  Knowledge and training can't be seized by bankrupcy court or lifted out of your wallet.

Now, now, play nice Con. He may recant or adjust his position when the caca hits the spinning machine oscillating

For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Invictus

• "文武双全"
    • My Band @ MySpace
« Reply #1106 on: June 10, 2010, 01:33:29 AM »

I'm gonna have SOOOO much fun throwing this quote in your face all month.  uuuuuuuuuu

Well... lol you're gonna have to hold off on that, at least for now. Day 3 and we're doing the 40-min lesson which was basically pre-planned for us. The only thing is that since the course is 9-5, and with the commute, there tends to be relatively little time to prepare for whatever is up the next day. But I think the first week should remain manageable. Today we're interviewing one student and writing up a 750-1000 word sheet on things like his motivation for learning, what type of learner he is, what errors he typically make and how to correct them (I plan on suggesting "baseball bat or blunt object"), etc.

Dunno. Could it be I am a genius? My mother says I am... I'll keep yous guys updated. afafafafaf
“就算杀了一个我,还有千千万万个我。“

« Reply #1107 on: June 10, 2010, 02:24:13 AM »
Dunno. Could it be I am a genius? My mother says I am... I'll keep yous guys updated.

I think she may have said you are special, that's why you took the special bus    ahahahahah

Seriously, when writing something that long, look out for repetion of ideas or unnecessary words. Chinese students have a penchant for this;

I drive a truck, I am a truck driver

or

The rain that came down, would not stop falling for hours
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #1108 on: June 10, 2010, 09:03:25 AM »
Amen to your farewell to the UK education system Emily - I'm in my final month, coming to Beijing in August to teach in Haidian District.

[attachment removed for space reason by admin]

« Reply #1109 on: June 10, 2010, 05:35:52 PM »
Welcome aboard! agagagagag  The Saloon is well-represented in Beijing, so you'll hit the ground running.

Invictus:  Could you start a new thread about your CELTA misadventures?  It's incredibly useful info:  several members, myself included wish to do this in the future.

Plus it's totally  offtopic here in the Introduction thread. 

englishmoose.com