Tips to Get Personal Vitamins/Medical Use, etc. Into China? $150 Limit?

• 1 replies

Ivyman

Hi Everyone,

As I've posted about a month ago, I want to get some personal vitamins, and some medications, etc. sent to me into China.  What is the easiest way to do things?

1.  Should I ship it straight into China, or through Hong Kong?

2.  Anything I can do, in the case of medical prescriptions to have it come in easier?

I plan to have my friend attach some bloodwork, prescription copies, and a translated letter in Chinese explaining these are for personal use.

3.  Are some carriers (such as EMS) better with getting things through than FedEx?

4.  In the worst case scenario, will it simply be returned from the friend who bought it and is sending it to me?  (In Turkey).  Or, will it get confiscated and thrown away forever, without me knowing?

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: Tips to Get Personal Vitamins/Medical Use, etc. Into China? $150 Limit?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 11:12:10 PM »
It was a couple years ago.  I placed a big order with an American online vitamin supplier.  The order was broken into several shipments.  One shipment that was over $150 was rejected as not being for personal use. ananananan

The limits may have changed.

None of this was prescription, so I don't have any info on what would be required on that.  Within China, what does and doesn't require a prescription is often surprising.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com