What's in the water in USA?

• 284 replies

CaseyOrourke

• USAF TACP
    • Yankee Texan In China
Re: What's in the water in USA?
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2011, 12:16:52 AM »
This is the idiot that said, "sack all the school janitors and pay students to clean the schools"

Hell, that is what they do here in China.  Every morining when I go to work, there is always a bunch of students armed with brooms and dustpans sweeping up all the dirt, leaves and ciggarette butts from the roads, watering plants and cleaning the windows.  Last winter while we was still living in Jilin Province my niece got a call from her college everytime it snowed to come help shovel snow from the sidewalks and doorways of the dormitory and classrooms.

It might do he fat lazy American kids some good.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2011, 03:46:29 AM »
True, but in China they don't employ janitors in the first place!
If the Idiot carried out his stupid idea, what would all the unemployed janitors do? Go on the dole??
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2011, 04:14:01 AM »
1) they do so have janitors in China. They are the hardest working, most dilligent family members and friends of friends money can employ to sit and drink tea while the kids clean the classrooms.
2) if the teapublians had their way, those unemployed american janitors would all join the teapublicans who put them out of work and blame someone else.
3) yes, I've had the same thought before, both about kids in my home country and about some of the Ch kids I've taught here. It would do the lazy F'rs some good. Problem is, its always the lazy f'rs who get out of doing the work or do a piss-poor job of it. And its always the kids who have already learned a life lesson or three who get stuck doing the crap jobs. Which is why I go out of my way to be nice to them.
4)
"This is a person who is fundamentally out of touch with how the world works, who happened to have played a wonderful con, as a result of which he is now president,"
Classic projection in a lime-green shade of envy

« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2011, 03:11:45 AM »
After reading the whole of the thread----I don't think I've felt more at home!

« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2011, 04:02:24 AM »
Anyone seen the new rick perry 'gays in the military but kids can't celebrate Christmas ad'? It is so absurd and shocking that it is hard to believe it's real. Unbelievable that someone can say something so stupid and be so ignorant and still be considered relevant.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2011, 12:00:29 PM »
Fortunately, Rick Perry's mouth has pretty much dug him out of the relevance zone...at least outside of Texas...and thank God for that.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

zero

« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2011, 12:42:09 PM »
Anyone seen the new rick perry 'gays in the military but kids can't celebrate Christmas ad'? It is so absurd and shocking that it is hard to believe it's real. Unbelievable that someone can say something so stupid and be so ignorant and still be considered relevant.
What about gays in the military celebrating Christmas? Is that wrong?

« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2011, 01:16:36 PM »

That's nothing. Wait until the Superpac (nothing to do with the candidates, despite the fact that it's run by their ex-Press Secretaries) adverts start next year. As the Supreme Court said, you can't have too much freedom of speech.

I've heard it said that Perry is over compensating a bit because of the gay rumours about him.

I reckon womeone new will still jump in the race. They've missed the first batch of filing deadlines, but I can't honestly believe the Tea party are going to be able to stomach Gingrich.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2011, 11:20:42 PM »
Getting away from politics for a while............tom cruise playing Jack Reacher!
Whattya think? Should the mindless midget play the part of the great Jack Reacher? I know Lee Child is a Pom, but he lives in the US. Has he sold his principles for a shitload of dollars? He created the character Reacher, as a big, tough ncompromising, tough guy,and has successfully turned him into around 14 books, and a squillion dollars, but now, he is agreeing to have him portrayed by a snivelling short-arsed scientologist!! Opinions, anyone?

« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2011, 04:26:45 AM »
Well, it works like this, George...movie company buys movie rights. Authors rarely get to make decisions about which actor stars in the movie adaptations. Having read Lee Child, I can only agree with you completely, Jack Reacher should not be played by Tom Cruise. That is about as sensible as...oh, I don't know...if they had made Andre the Giant play Willow Ufgood in "Willow"....but George, don't worry, it is simply because the people who decide which actor should play which character are way too busy to read books...very simple explanation.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2011, 08:21:49 AM »
Thank you Squirrel. Some of them must read at least, parts of a book. How else do they come up with the idea to change the ending, or the locations, of the heroine's hair colour, etc?

« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2011, 01:27:38 PM »
That's the script-writer who does that. Oh, I am sure that, in some lone dungeon beneath the various studios there is some disgraced former-esec who has been saddled with the job of trawling through works of literature, or what today laughably passes for such, and then make suggestions as to how the work can be changed. However, one cannot blane the author for casting. That has to do with the agent and the popularity of the actor. The "Reacher" novels are hugely popular and Mr. Cruise could definitely use a career pick-me-up.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #87 on: December 30, 2011, 04:47:57 AM »
""Every barrel of oil that comes out of those sands in Canada is a barrel of oil that we don't have to buy from a foreign source.""
—Gov. Rick Perry

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #88 on: December 30, 2011, 04:44:29 PM »
""Every barrel of oil that comes out of those sands in Canada is a barrel of oil that we don't have to buy from a foreign source.""
—Gov. Rick Perry

Damnit!  The annexation of Canada wasn't supposed to be announced for another few months. bibibibibi
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

zero

« Reply #89 on: December 30, 2011, 05:16:06 PM »
I think that most Americans truly think of Canada as pretty much interchangeable with the U.S. However, Canadians do not seem to appreciate that viewpoint too much.