Palin for President

• 81 replies

old34

Palin for President
« on: September 09, 2008, 02:52:42 PM »
I know politics can be a touchy subject, but dammit, I strongly support Palin for President.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf1y9s73Nos
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
Re: Palin for President
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 05:10:12 PM »
I know politics can be a touchy subject, but dammit, I strongly support Palin for President.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf1y9s73Nos

I'll vote for this one!!

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 05:42:38 PM »
Carrier pigeon!

And with any luck, he will allow me to take over John Cleese's role of Minister for Silly Walks.

Shroomy

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 07:10:09 PM »
OH!!  You just reminded me that I got some sort of mail from the election office in California and forgot what I did with it.  Guess I'd better go find it if Michael's going to have a shot at the presidency.

I'm not a big Monty Python person (no tomato throwing please), but I'll vote for him based on his travel series.  bfbfbfbfbf

Back home and still confused about what the locals are saying.

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 11:57:59 PM »
hmm... voting for someone who is anti-abortion but shoots animals for fun or has never had a passport.

AMonk

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 12:00:39 AM »
But....if McCain falls, she will become DaPrez aoaoaoaoao
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 12:05:11 AM »
Hola!

Sarah Palin gives me a hard on too. However, she is an awful candidate.

1.) She has very little experience. She was a mayor of a town with less than 7,000 people. Alaska has only 700,000 people and she has only been at the job for two years.

2.) In Wasilla, Palin tried to have the head librarian fired for refusing to take certain books off the shelves, supposedly Harry Potter books and others. Only after uproar from local citizens, did Palin back down.

3.) Palin left Wasilla with a $20 million dollar deficit. For a town of 7,000 people. How the F did she do that? (In China, people would be executed for that. God Bless China!)

4.) She said that she did not want or support the "Bridge to Nowhere", although she clearly did in the past.

5.) She is very vindictive person who crosses her, see "Troopergate" Wasilla library etc.

6.) Her husband is a member of the Alaskan Independence Party who wants to seperate from the United States, and there is a video of Sarah welcoming them to the AIP convention.

7.) Alaska probably has one of the most corrupt governments of any of the 50 states.

Foxy yes. For V.P., hell no.

Senor

George

• My view of China
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2008, 12:37:37 AM »
It's highly likely that McCain will win this election! It's also highly likely, that the Presidency will kill him. Can anyone imagine the world listening to President Palin??? bibibibibi
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

DaDan

• Yeppers! We`be livin now!
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2008, 01:03:43 AM »
sho do sound good what youz said...
but ignorance & blind hatred of the other party should not substitute facts.

most/many people in AK eat what they shoot, it's a part of life there. IF she is one that kills for fun sheda never got votes.

Harry Potter wasn't written yet when she asked the librian a simple question about if it is possible to get any books removed.

AK is less corrupt now than before she came.

& uh.... she Does have a birth certificate she is willing to show.....
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/born_in_the_usa.html
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 07:55:57 PM by DaDan »
me pappy sayd... 
Once ya get past the smell... ...:P ... `You got it licked...

Mimi

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2008, 03:12:46 AM »
Ha!  It is so nice to click on something about Palin and be able to laugh.  I normally just kind of shake my head and sigh.

It's highly likely that McCain will win this election!
No! No no no no no no no no.

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 07:27:00 PM »
 Oh I don't know Mimi...I laugh pretty much every time I read about her. "Hockey mom?" bibibibibi

McCain picked her to get votes from all the ladies who are pissed at Obama for beating Hillary. Surprised he didn't pick Rice for a double whammy.

Mimi

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 09:20:31 PM »

McCain picked her to get votes from all the ladies who are pissed at Obama for beating Hillary. Surprised he didn't pick Rice for a double whammy.

Nah, I don't think that was the reason.  I don't know an Hillary supporter who wants a woman in the White House so badly that they'll vote for someone who is against abortion, civil rights, protecting the environment, and teaching actual science in schools (didn't you hear? religious doctrine is the new biology) and is for the NRA, death penalty, and keeping healthcare a business.  The brilliant thing about the pick is that it scooped up all the fundamentalist Christians who did not feel McCain was conservative enough, socially.  Before the pick, the campaigning had been more about the economy, education, and foreign policy.  Palin has brought out all the single-issue voters on things like abortion and gay marriage.

DaDan

• Yeppers! We`be livin now!
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 10:25:48 PM »
IMO
"The One" ad was brillant & possibly the deal breaker as it hit deep into many subcouncous American beliefs. I think it has hurt Oboma more than anything else, in explainable ways.

This is a very interesting read that IMO is right on the money; 

also, McCain & his team Has been very good in their timing for many things.
me pappy sayd... 
Once ya get past the smell... ...:P ... `You got it licked...

Spaghetti

• Goo Goo Muck
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2008, 05:50:45 AM »
I think the great thing about Fraulein Palin is that she has proved Frank Zappa correct, "ladies you can be an asshole too. Don't pretend you ain't got one on the bottom of you." she's pure, buxiban owner levels of unbridled Rove-ian evil. She is far more dangerous than Bush. She's semi-articulate and probably much more sincere in her sinister machinations.

The republicans never fail to dig up the most base of reprobates. Just when you think they found the bottom of the bottom feeders, they manage to find candidates far more sinister than their previous puppet. If there was a hell, I'm sure the GOP have the only key to the sub-basement of the abyss from which they are breeding a new generation of scum.

Was it Virginia SLims that used to advertise, "you've come a long way, baby?" Now we can see the soccer mom goose step! Leave it to the republicans to usher in a new era where yes, Virginia, you too can aspire to become a theocratic vessel of national self destruction!

In the charade of democracy that makes up this two headed dog of presidential politics, my suspicions have come true: white soccer moms are the key to mutually assured social destruction. She's so bat shit crazy she makes Ron Paul seem downright sane, and that is a frightening juxtaposition.

Since the general vote doesn't amount to anything, should the actual power brokers in the electoral college appoint Skeletor and the Soccer Mom the hot seat and red button, I wonder what insult to humanity they will call up to serve old man McCain his grilled cheese sandwiches, Geritol and chocolate pudding in between addressing the press and writing speeches. while the puppet masters divvy up what percentage of armageddon Blackwater and Haliburton can profit from.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 12:41:34 PM by Spaghetti »
"Most young people were getting jobs in big companies, becoming company men. I wanted to be an individual."
Haruki Murakami

Spaghetti

• Goo Goo Muck
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2008, 12:50:44 PM »
Da Dan, have you forgotten? Popular vote does not count when selecting the dunces who sit in the white house! America is a republic and the electoral college have final say on who is given the spot.

It is indeed a sad state of affairs when one's vote in the Doctor Demento Funny Five is an example of pure democracy in action and that four year brouhaha we have in the "United" States is a mere charade when it comes to the top spots.

While I detest both parties, in my heart, I sincerely hope the electoral college do the right thing and elect the non-theocratic, SANE(r) pair. That would be the charming man and the plagiarist, not Skeletor and the shrill ditz who hopped six colleges in four years and chose to fly from D. C. to Alaska while having gone into labor long before she had to fly.

IF a woman would risk her baby's life for the sake of her political party, then I question if she has the ethics to sacrifice party brown nosing in favor of what is good for the people.

Skeletor has already lived beyond the average life expectancy of the average American male. Should he kick the bucket in office, he's basically handing the keys of the caddy to one of the HEATHERS. If you didn't see that film - HEATHERS - then you won't get the joke.

I'd only vote for her if she was on a list of people to send into the cold, dark recesses of space, never to return. Of course, that includes the old fart who Vetted her: Skeletor McCain, as a fellow passenger too. I'd dig deeper into him, but this is a thread about Palin. Sadly, not Michael.... asasasasas
"Most young people were getting jobs in big companies, becoming company men. I wanted to be an individual."
Haruki Murakami