China-exclusive things you'd like to take an Uzi to

• 84 replies

belrain

• In past travelling, now becoming Shanghai resident
    • My homepage
Re: China-exclusive things you'd like to take an Uzi to
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2007, 06:53:28 PM »
What I really hate in China is ................ Christmas time  llllllllll llllllllll llllllllll

They use these trashy trimmings for huge christmas trees.
At MC Dona or in shopping malls, they play one song the whole day.
The sales ladies wear this stupid jelly bag cap.
Anr, what is worst, at The Bund in Shanghai, they have these telescopes. You have to put in a coin and can see through it - and it starts playing a Christmas Song  llllllllll llllllllll llllllllll llllllllll aaaaaaaaaa
cdcdcdcdcd Das Leben ist schön

« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2007, 12:06:09 AM »
The so-called funny shows you can hear in a taxi over the radio. A Chinese guy with a more than unpleasant husky voice QUACKING his jokes. It's so monotonous and annoying and even though it is supposed to be funny, I've never seen a single person laugh. At night it sounds more like brainwashing material and is quite scary.

« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2007, 04:43:58 AM »
Can someone PLEASE explain to me why floors in some places seem to get mopped 86 times a day, but the handrails on staircases (often in the same area as the constantly mopped floor) can so grimy and filthy as to perhaps having never been dusted or cleaned since the building was first built? What's up with that?
bibibibibi

"I wish my first spoken word was 'Quote' so I could make my last word 'Unquote'."
— Stephen Wright.

old34

« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2007, 05:11:47 AM »
Can someone PLEASE explain to me why floors in some places seem to get mopped 86 times a day, but the handrails on staircases (often in the same area as the constantly mopped floor) can so grimy and filthy as to perhaps having never been dusted or cleaned since the building was first built? What's up with that?
bibibibibi

One of the reasons they are grimy and filthy is because no one uses them. Think about it, if they had hands sliding up and down on them all day, they'd be slightly polished. They are not. Why not?

Chinese never (or rarely) use/touch handrails whether on steps or escalators. Next time you are on an escalator or steps, watch.

I was told this is because handrails "are dirty". Not from lack of cleaning, but because "people's hands are dirty" (i.e. digging for gold in their ears, noses and other cavities).

So probably the workers don't bother to wipe the handrails because no one uses them. So therefore, they don't exist.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

old34

« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2007, 05:24:03 AM »
Oops, I forgot to mention another reason handrails are neglected here, at least on the stairwells. They're usually dangerous - poorly installed and not too securely fastened to the walls.

It happened to me once on the first day of the school year in the brand spanking-new building on the brand spanking-new campus. I lightly placed my hand on one and it fell off the wall.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

old34

« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2007, 05:30:09 AM »
Oops, I forgot to mention another reason handrails are neglected here, at least on the stairwells. They're usually dangerous - poorly installed and not too securely fastened.

It happened to me once on the first day of the school year in the brand spanking-new building on the brand spanking-new campus. I lightly placed my hand on one and it fell to the ground.

There was a cleaning person who watched this and, of course, giggled.

Now imagine you are that cleaning person, and you're thinking, "Right, if I clean that thing and it falls to the ground, who gets blamed? I think I'll go swab the floor for the 84th time this afternoon."

Martin

• It aint much if it aint Dutch
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2007, 07:26:59 AM »
I don't think an uzi would do much good... but the lack of t&a on Chinese women and the abundance of hair in other places than on their heads ahahahahah

IF an uzi would help, I would surely be shooting around  afafafafaf
No such thing as bad weather, just wrong clothing

George

• My view of China
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2007, 09:52:16 AM »
Oh Martin, you must be experiencing some unusual girls!!!! agagagagag agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Martin

• It aint much if it aint Dutch
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2007, 10:53:26 PM »
You think maybe he's found the "he-shes" already?? aoaoaoaoao

Only ever saw  aaaaaaaaaa those in BKK. Fortunately they haven't crossed my path in China yet.
No such thing as bad weather, just wrong clothing

George

• My view of China
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2007, 11:07:35 PM »
They are here, though.
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/