China-exclusive things you'd like to take an Uzi to

• 84 replies
Re: China-exclusive things you'd like to take an Uzi to
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2007, 10:03:14 PM »
Oh, great! Now we jump from the sweeping use of "The Chinese..." to "The Americans..."  bibibibibi

Hey, it was only american beer I slagged off, not the people!

(Before anyone says it, I know you have great microbreweries in the US, but Millers and Bud are utter swill, I'd rather drink the higher-end Chinese beers than that stuff!)
It is too early to say.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2007, 10:49:33 PM »
Kids, don't make me turn this car around... cbcbcbcbcb

Squat toilets are for apes and savages. They're the high-tech equivalent of a trench scraped into jungle soil. They're holes in the floor; lining them with porcelain and connecting them to pipes does not change this fact.

I may get lucky and live in China for many more years to come. But I don't do my business in a hole in the floor unless I am camping.
Maybe not even then. ayayayayay
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2007, 02:25:29 AM »
I must agree with RD here. I managed to live in China for a year and never used a squatter once. I was afraid of losing my balance...
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2007, 02:35:03 AM »
Public toilets, I much rather use a squatter. I like the set up in my house. I have one of each. Squatter is also much easier to clean.

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2007, 02:39:05 AM »
Public toilets in China aoaoaoaoao aaaaaaaaaa the smell alone from those things  aaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaa
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2007, 02:42:18 AM »
I must agree with RD here. I managed to live in China for a year and never used a squatter once. I was afraid of losing my balance...

What a wuss!  Come travelling with me some day ETR.  I'll show you REAL toilets!

Effete westerners. Go back to the pink glasses. ahahahahah

Effete, vain, skittish, cowardly, oh they all apply to me. I saw REAL toilets in Nanchang, have no need to see nor smell them again. I don't need to see REAL toilets when I go travelling, I prefer shelling out that much extra for decent facilities.

belrain

• In past travelling, now becoming Shanghai resident
    • My homepage
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2007, 02:45:33 AM »
Public toilets, I much rather use a squatter. I like the set up in my house. I have one of each. Squatter is also much easier to clean.

I never use a public toilet. The smell is just  aaaaaaaaaa
Ands I never tried a squatter. I am to frightend to either loose my balance or to "hit" my pants bibibibibi

But in several companies I have seen lots of them in a row - no doors or walls between. So, communication is quite easy then ahahahahah
cdcdcdcdcd Das Leben ist schön

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2007, 02:47:50 AM »
Places I go to are lucky if they have walls.  Roof is extra, door - wow - real luxury!

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2007, 02:51:20 AM »
Well, LE, you like roughing it. I am a creature of luxury. And squatters are just foul.

belrain

• In past travelling, now becoming Shanghai resident
    • My homepage
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2007, 02:55:33 AM »
Places I go to are lucky if they have walls.  Roof is extra, door - wow - real luxury!

Well, in general I go outdoor only if I have no toilet in range  ahahahahah
cdcdcdcdcd Das Leben ist schön

« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2007, 03:03:41 AM »
Thanks, contemporarydog,

Actually it wasn't your comments I was making reference to, it was Eagle's.

By the way, folks, I've learned to keep my balance while squatting, but at my advanced age, why should I have to? I've earned the right to plop from a seated position.   bgbgbgbgbg

"I wish my first spoken word was 'Quote' so I could make my last word 'Unquote'."
— Stephen Wright.

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2007, 03:13:38 AM »
The topic is China-exclusive, not Chinese.  I do know how to read.  ahahahahah
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2007, 03:29:22 AM »
Perhaps... But do you know how to not make sweeping statements about Americans?
"I wish my first spoken word was 'Quote' so I could make my last word 'Unquote'."
— Stephen Wright.

« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2007, 04:04:41 AM »
Well, what did you expect, westerners are the most armed people in the human universe, especially the Americans amongst us. 

Birddog

Sorry I don't see anything negative or anti-American in that statement.  Eagle said westerners - (which includes Canada) - are the most armed people ... especially the Americans.  That is true.  The Americans take pride in their ability to own and have guns.  The Americans have in their constitution the right to allow them to 'bear arms'.  So where in this statement do you find Eagle is being anti-American? 

Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2007, 04:13:19 AM »
And if I state that anyone who is not Danish should be very sad indeed, everything is honky-dory, yes?  agagagagag agagagagag