Beijing foreigner sexual assault incident

• 84 replies
Re: Beijing foreigner sexual assault incident
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2012, 10:08:28 PM »
^ rather than actually edit that, I'll just say out loud that re-reading it, it seems wrong in some way. Too... certain, maybe, I dunno.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2012, 05:08:54 PM »
Wow. That's uninspiring.

And sent from an iPhone client too.

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2012, 06:28:10 PM »
And now "respected" CCTV anchor Yang Rui posts a bunch of racist invective on his weibo account.
The Public Security Bureau wants to clean out the foreign trash: To arrest foreign thugs and protect innocent girls, they need to concentrate on the disaster zones in [student district] Wudaokou and [drinking district] Sanlitun. Cut off the foreign snake heads. People who can’t find jobs in the U.S. and Europe come to China to grab our money, engage in human trafficking and spread deceitful lies to encourage emigration. Foreign spies seek out Chinese girls to mask their espionage and pretend to be tourists while compiling maps and GPS data for Japan, Korea and the West. We kicked out that foreign bitch and closed Al-Jazeera’s Beijing bureau. We should shut up those who demonize China and send them packing.
There are some really nice responses to this one, like "The Boxers were true patriots" and  "傻逼老外,北京不欢迎你们丫挺的!!!"

llllllllll

this guy needs a good kicking!

Monkey King

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2012, 06:30:38 PM »
Hate speech...I wish I really was spy though!

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2012, 06:40:44 PM »
Yang has made part of his living, pretty much given his pulpit as an expert by interviewing foriegners on CCTV

« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2012, 06:56:20 PM »
At least there are a load of people on that Weibo who are calling Yang Rui out for being a racist idiot.

Still, pretty disheartening. I guess we know exactly what the official stance is now, if it was ever in question.   

Monkey King

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 07:05:25 PM by MK »

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2012, 07:05:48 PM »
It is quite interesting how insecure Chinese people are about China. I think all of the European countries except England have the same history of being invaded and destroyed constantly and England is an American proxy when it really matters to America but the fear of having our culture destroyed is nothing like it is in China
It's almost as if the current idea of Chinese culture was some entirely false thing created fairly recently at the expense of many other cultures which are under attack from traditional Chinese imperialism

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2012, 07:18:08 PM »
I liked the comment that went something like "So the Boxers are here? Looks like we've got 16 more years."

If only that were true.

Monkey King

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2012, 07:47:05 PM »
Just to keep things fuelled up, now we have two (allegedly) Korean guys beating up two Chinese girls in a Chengdu KFC:

http://www.chinasmack.com/2012/videos/chinese-girls-beat-up-by-suspected-korean-men-in-chengdu-kfc.html

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2012, 07:55:20 PM »
Us laowai should organise a campaign of posting incidences of Chinese people being cunts to each other on youku to counter this propaganda offensive

You could just go and sit anywhere for half an hour and you'd see plenty

« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2012, 08:04:19 PM »
Just to keep things fuelled up, now we have two (allegedly) Korean guys beating up two Chinese girls in a Chengdu KFC:

http://www.chinasmack.com/2012/videos/chinese-girls-beat-up-by-suspected-korean-men-in-chengdu-kfc.html

There's a theory going around that these guys are of the North Korean minority 朝鲜族, but still Chinese. They certainly don't look like ANY South Koreans I have ever seen in China.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2012, 03:42:16 PM »
I loved this comment on the article on PekingDuck:

"Not all foreigners are devils and not all devils are foreign"

We should have that printed up in English and Chinese on t-shirts.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2012, 12:39:24 AM »
I rarely watch TV so I don't know if everyone's been seeing a lot of this or not, but Our New International Representative is on the news in His (and Our) Moment of Glory.

Six o'clock this evening, I don't know what channel, nor whether it's local, provincial or national, but one of the evening news programs that broadcasts national news and has a sign language person in a little circle translating, had a lead group of stories on "waiguoren" and "laowai" and assorted "fanzui" (or maybe "fandui") stories. The first had a lot of pictures of customs and passports, the second had Africans hanging out in, I guess, the south, and the third had Our Boy Doing His Thing.

It's the vid from the internet, heavily cut up to remove cursing and assorted stuff, together with eye witnesses giving statements.

Last week was not a good time to get my hair cut short.

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2012, 03:55:49 AM »
So those "Koreans" that beat up those two girls?

Turns out they're completely Chinese. From Jilin.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/hqgj/jryw/2012-05-20/content_5961678.html