BEIJING GET T0GETHER (or how the North takes over) - December 14

• 114 replies

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
BEIJING GET T0GETHER (or how the North takes over) - December 14
« on: November 07, 2007, 12:15:54 AM »
OK le! All those Suzhou stories are getting pretty much out of hand! It's starting to look like anyone who's not there ( other than dadan) is pretty tame and lame  aoaoaoaoao so it's time we show those guys that we know how to do things in the big 'jin!

Let's plan this baby for Saturday November 17th which should give all of us enough time to plan ahead.

I suggest meeting somewhere around the Houhai/nanluoguxian area to make it easier for our out-of-chaoyang friends to join in.

All in favor for a dinner and drinks type Hell YEAH!!!

agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag

out-of-towners are welcome of course

« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 05:47:06 AM by Nolefan »
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
Re: BEIJING GET T0GETHER (or how the North takes over) - Nov 17th
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 01:13:03 AM »
DAMN, BIGGGGG house party in Suzhou that weekend. Guess i'll have to wait till the next 'JING event.

Enjoy
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 01:58:45 AM »
I'll note it down. Hopefully everything goes fine! But coming Saturday coffee still happens, time to be confirmed.  agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 05:41:29 AM »
I'm worse than dead broke, moving to a new place, and I work on the weekend. Extremely unlikely I can be there, except in spirit. bibibibibi
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 01:21:59 PM »
Ack!  bibibibibi

I don't even know if I can be there, I just bought a train ticket to go somewhere for 2 days. Let me see if I can backtrack and work around this.  Maybe there's a red eye train... hmmmmmmmm

The things we touch have no permanence.

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 02:54:32 PM »

Well, If the date don't work, we can always move it up by one week. That was just a suggestion to get the ball rolling bfbfbfbfbf

cheeky, this saturday, there will be 193 different types of wine standing in my way as I try to get to Pacific Coffee.. it's the annual wine and dine expo at the Hilton
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!

anya

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 03:27:29 PM »
DAMN, I really need a good Beijing-style get-together!  jjjjjjjjjj

ahhh Nov 17th. really really really want to come to Beijing in Nov, but I'm not sure whether I can afford it. Everyone's coming to visit all at once in mid-December, so I need funds to entertain them. agh.

It's been too long, Beijing...

Nolefan and Cheeky, I'll def be in Beijing on the weekend of December 14th, so let's plan something around there, hmm? :)
"I want justice," I shouted.
"You'll get the law," he replied. "We gave up on justice long ago. The best we can do is law." -p. 207

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
Re: BEIJING GET T0GETHER (or how the North takes over) - date TBD
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 06:25:08 PM »
OK.. I've edited the post title to reflect date TBD...

December works for me especially with the lovely Anya back in town so I'm game.. plus being one month away, it gives us time to get things organized even better and maybe have a few out of towners like Nate come around...

Weekend of December 14th  as Anya suggested?

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 06:30:47 PM »
 Ji dian? I am of course down like a clown Charlie Brown.Houhai sounds like an ideal spot for everyone. We may even be able to get a babysitter, which would make things all the more convenient for us.

Noles, Houhai Zoo is not a great place to eat, but it is easily the cheapest place on the lake to drink.

As for coffee this weekend, the missus feels we are starved enough for meaningful social interaction that it's worth a little disruption to the schedule of the rugrat. Provided I don't have voice recordings, we'll do our best to be there. However, if Mrs. D finds out about the wine tasting event it may be difficult to get her there!

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 09:49:42 PM »
I'll be in Beijing next week - staying at Bei Wai.  Not sure for how long - one week or two.  I'm also not sure how much free time I have, but if I can catch up it would be nice!

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 10:50:44 PM »
December 14 suits me :)
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 11:45:02 PM »
Dec 14th works well for me. 

And I will be at Pacific Coffee on this Sat at whatever time works for everyone. 

The 17th I'm not too sure about just yet I have to figure out this train thing and of course there are no good English websites to figure that out and I am jammed this week with TEFL class so I cannot just run down to the train station to sort it out.

The things we touch have no permanence.

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 12:39:59 AM »
Have a good'un, y'all.

I am determined to hit the MIDI Festivaly in May.  Suzhou's hogged that holiday for too long, IMO, so I'll see who I can talk into travelling up with me.  Convincing Raoul, who hasn't been to Beijing in roughly forever, would get the ball rolling...
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 04:42:54 AM »

So December 14th works for almost everybody ?

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 05:15:23 AM »
I'll try.
With that much warning I might be able to arrange the time off.
Biggest constraint is money. I'm paying 8700 RMB a month of family expenses (not counting my own costs) on a salary of 9000. But I will try... llllllllll
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)