Video about Hainan Overseas High School in Haikou, Hainan

• 4 replies
Video about Hainan Overseas High School in Haikou, Hainan
« on: July 08, 2013, 06:50:04 PM »
It looks like I'm going to accept a job offer to teach at this high school. Thought Saloon-goers might want to take a look-see. The video was produced about a trip taken by a group of Dallas high school students who were studying Mandarin.The stuff with Haikou and the school starts about 10 minutes in. Video is 1:07 long.

http://vimeo.com/65344213

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
Re: Video about Hainan Overseas High School in Haikou, Hainan
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 09:37:51 PM »
Someone should inform Mayor Rawlings it's not smart "...to understand the flatness of the world."
 bibibibibi
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

AMonk

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 11:15:58 PM »
 agagagagag agagagagag bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf akakakakak
Moderation....in most things...

Guangzhou Writer

• Can use chopsticks
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 04:16:20 AM »
Someone should inform Mayor Rawlings it's not smart "...to understand the flatness of the world."
 bibibibibi
OMG. I'm from Dallas and I never heard about this guy. And since when does young = smart. Don't we value the accumulated knowledge and wisdom of older people? The mayor just goes on and on with nonsensical Malapropisms. He's like a politically correct Archie Bunker, LOL.

Guangzhou Writer

• Can use chopsticks
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 05:49:02 AM »
Finished watching. Great video! Thanks for posting it.

Funny how there are only 3 white people in the entire video spanning two continents: Mayor, CEO, and school principal. That's Dallas fer yah. But definitely kudos to those responsible for the exchange program. I expect some of that was the principal's doing, but would love to see a behind the scenes "making of" that showed how that came about. Also curious about where the Chinese kids stayed when they came to Dallas and what they thought of the food.

The high school in Haikou looks pretty nice, anderguyil. I think your job has good potential.