Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1245 on: January 09, 2011, 02:46:49 PM »
They're going to think I'm a liar and will fire me for it during my probationary period

Whoa,  Probation period is a RED FLAG!  llllllllll llllllllll If they are paying you less and other stuff/requirements in contract, I would re-think this job offer.    llllllllll
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #1246 on: January 09, 2011, 04:42:30 PM »

I'm extremely hard to annoy, always give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and, or so I've been told, "have never met a stranger."

Nice to meet you! I'm bgbgbgbgbg, so I'm afraid that I've had too many "life" lessons, so I'm almost the opposite to you. ahahahahah I live in the land "down under" so I hope you will keep us updated on your experiences. Please take care and know that there are a lot of good,trustworthy people in the Saloon who are always prepared to help; you need only to ask. bfbfbfbfbf agagagagag

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #1247 on: January 09, 2011, 05:31:08 PM »

I'm extremely hard to annoy,

I'm looking forward to meeting you.

« Reply #1248 on: January 09, 2011, 07:56:27 PM »
Whoa,  Probation period is a RED FLAG!  llllllllll llllllllll If they are paying you less and other stuff/requirements in contract, I would re-think this job offer.    llllllllll

http://middlekingdomlife.com/guide/safea-contract-now-includes-probationary-period.htm

Don't worry, I immediately did a double-take when I saw it. They're not paying me less. I also had a Chinese family friend (a businesswoman/lawyer) double-check the contract for me (in both English and Chinese).

Hahah, look at all the people ready to try to see if they can annoy me. I don't mean friendly-annoy, I mean, like, if someone cuts in front of me while driving, worse things have happened; if a waiter is slow with the food, more time to talk; etc. Let's see how this translates into a classroom, though.

Oh, by the way: I noticed that my organs now belong to Raoul.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 09:58:12 AM by CaTigeReptile »

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #1249 on: January 10, 2011, 07:14:59 PM »
Hey how come zero gets to be a barfly and he only has 76 posts, RD?
by not asking about barfly status  kkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkk

bjbjbjbjbj
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

« Reply #1250 on: January 10, 2011, 09:48:30 PM »
Snap.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #1251 on: January 11, 2011, 12:01:21 AM »
Snap....Crackle and Pop.
This is not a matter we discuss publicly. Doing so will be...counter-productive. bibibibibi kkkkkkkkkk
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #1252 on: January 11, 2011, 02:53:31 AM »
Hi everyone! I heard that this place had some pretty good microbrews on tap, so I thought I'd swing by. I heard about this place in passing from some of my former colleagues in the tiny hamlet of Linan and even though I've moved on to the big city of Shanghai, I now have no expat coworkers and am eager for some interaction with other laowai as phrases like "open the air conditioner" are actually starting to sound like proper grammar.

Anyway, I've been in China for the better part of two years and still happy to be here and in my time here have worked at a university, a Chinese run international school, volunteered with a NGO, and now opening a new page as a corporate English trainer. I came here right after I graduated from college in the US and although I did go back this fall to do some job hunting, the prospects in China proved to be much better and I'm back.

The first round's on me!  agagagagag

« Reply #1253 on: January 11, 2011, 03:02:50 AM »
Well, toodle-pip and jolly well about time agagagagag agagagagag I am personally familiar with this newbie, and a nicer person one can hardly find. This member should be treated with due respect as she and I are both survivors of a rather unpleasant place called TianMu College...carpets that would eat you, buildings so creepy even the wild cats gave them a wide berth...the horror, the horror...
Welcome, Gigantor (Only I can use that nickname, fellas agagagagag)...make mine a double absinthe with a side-car of laudanum drops and extra wormwood... agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1254 on: January 11, 2011, 08:44:34 AM »
Mine's a Dancing Camel,fullricebowl, that's the delightful name of our local microbrew
  agagagagag
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

« Reply #1255 on: January 11, 2011, 12:25:31 PM »
Welcome Fullricebowl. agagagagag I look forward to hearing about your experiences in China, since I must experience it through folk like yourself, who are kind enough to take time out to pass on info. bfbfbfbfbf If there is any juicy, tasty news that is for female ears only, you can let us know eventually when you get to the ladies lounge. uuuuuuuuuu afafafafaf bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #1256 on: January 11, 2011, 04:11:41 PM »
Just because I happen to wear size 9 shoes (which translate into a 40-41 here) which apparently no Chinese shoe stores carry (with the possible exception of some kind of black velcro shoe or hip ugg-style boot) hardly qualify as "giagantor". I'll have you know, 9 is a very average shoe size where us giagantors, erm, us Wisconsinites come from.

Dancing Camel? Sounds nice- I am a fan of beers with animal names. My favorite back home was Fat Squirrel- made by the makers of the always delicious Spotted Cow.

Perhaps you've already heard most of my crazy adventures which happened when I was a newbie along with ericthered. Accidentally telling a taxi driver to take us to a brothel, climbing a sacred mountain in the middle of the summer with no water- life here is a lot less interesting now that these kinds of mistakes are happening less frequently...

jpd01

« Reply #1257 on: January 11, 2011, 04:53:01 PM »
Lol I wear a size 13 shoe so no store ever has my size. I only ever found on store in the past and when I was there I bought 6 pairs of shoes from the delighted staff (probably so happy because they thought they had no hope of ever selling them)
"I don't understand what I did wrong except live a life that everyone is jealous of." Charlie Sheen.

« Reply #1258 on: January 11, 2011, 07:51:28 PM »
Pshaw...you are also very, very tall agagagagag agagagagag Oh, yes, I have told about our adventures, though not the dear-God-the-west-bus-station-has-moved-somehow-now-we-will-die-in-the-rain-in-Hangzhou death march... agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Ruth

« Reply #1259 on: January 14, 2011, 09:17:25 PM »
Welcome, CaTigeReptile (can we call you CTR or something shorter to type than your full name? No worries, we're big on nicknames here and sooner or later something will stick - that's how you know you've been accepted  akakakakak ) and welcome, fullricebowl. Always great to have more females at the bar.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.