Palinisms

• 61 replies

DaDan

• Yeppers! We`be livin now!
Re: Palinisms
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 09:13:13 PM »
? = question, not a statment. I wasn't putting words in your mouth, just trying to get you to clearify what a non-human human is in your mind.

Nor did I say you're racist, I added the cook comment to provide/ provoke thoughts that  back in the day, slaves weren't thought of or treated as equals so their owners could rationalize in their minds it being ok to think of another human as property instead of a person.  IMO.

I wasn't defending anyone.

Who be puttin words in who's mouth here?

But I Do believe you are way up there in the hate monger ranks, reading your rants obout Palin in this thread.
me pappy sayd... 
Once ya get past the smell... ...:P ... `You got it licked...

Spaghetti

• Goo Goo Muck
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2008, 09:38:33 PM »

But I Do believe you are way up there in the hate monger ranks, reading your rants obout Palin in this thread.

You're allowed to believe what you want to believe.... Even if you're wrong.
"Most young people were getting jobs in big companies, becoming company men. I wanted to be an individual."
Haruki Murakami

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2008, 09:44:29 PM »
Spaghetti - I have some good American mates and regularly read the N.Y Times.  I have no beef with Americans in general and if you note I actually pointed out the the article on the earlier thread was incorrect.  Quote from the article
Too many Americans believe that they can remake China. They engage in condescending behavior based on preconceived stereotypes or prejudices. Remember that you are a guest in a country with one of the oldest civilizations in the world and that you may need to make an effort not to become "the ugly American."

So if you had read the article then my comment - which was "NOT JUST Americans" -  you would see I was actually defending  Americans, not attacking.  I was pointing out that other nationalities do it as well.  I went on to mention Americans are generally more vocal - which is an observation without any actual positive or negative judgment!!  And again it was a qualified comment - "in general" - which implies that not all Americans do this.

Checking what was actually written before attacking the writer would be nice.  agagagagag

Palin herself is seeing it as an attempt to denigrate/blame her - see her comments now that she is back in Alaska.

I don't disagree with your views of Palin's politics, but to treat her the same way as you contend she treats others is to become her.  And I also feel offended by the use of your Anglo-Saxon description of her.  She stood up for what she believes in, no matter how much we disagree with her, or see danger and trouble in her views, she still deserves the respect of the 1st Amendment without abuse.  Counter her views with better, more logical, more beneficial ones, fight prejudice with reason.  Leave the abuse behind.

If you look at one of the reasons often given for the rise in terrorism it is the attacks on 'terrorism'.  One of the reasons that the Al-Qaeda  websites promoted voting for McCain was the Iraq and Afghanistan policies would remain more of the same - thus feeding the growth and recruitment of terrorists.  This can be applied to bigots, white Supremacists, any form of redneck.  Check out what happens when you criticise your daughter's boyfriend - she defends him more hotly and 'entrenches' her love for him.  Loss of game to Daddy. Same thing happens anywhere.

DaDan

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2008, 09:58:09 PM »
You're allowed to believe what you want to believe....
:respect:

Thank you Very much!

& I Do appreciate the way you back up your opinions so aloquently with facts, examples & openmindedness.

me pappy sayd... 

Spaghetti

• Goo Goo Muck
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2008, 10:18:15 PM »

& I Do appreciate the way you back up your opinions so aloquently with facts, examples & openmindedness.

Well someone has to, given how yours can border an incoherence.  kkkkkkkkkk

I mean, you're calling someone who attacks hatemongers  a "hatemonger." Pretty much says it all. Like I said, you're entitled to YOUR opinion, even if YOU are wrong. Your spin is very Palinesque.
"Most young people were getting jobs in big companies, becoming company men. I wanted to be an individual."
Haruki Murakami

George

• My view of China
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2008, 10:26:07 PM »
Now, now, children. Palin is not worth all the space you have devoted to her. She is now only the Governor of a small, insignificant State. Give it a rest.
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2008, 10:31:13 PM »
Now, now, children. Palin is not worth all the space you have devoted to her. She is now only the Governor of a small, insignificant State. Give it a rest.

George, George - geography lessons!!  kkkkkkkkkk It's the biggest state in the US.  agagagagag

Spaghetti

• Goo Goo Muck
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2008, 10:32:15 PM »

I mostly agree (Alaska, sadly, is significant to the oil folks in Washington, other than that I totally agree).

Lotus Eater:  bjbjbjbjbj  acacacacac
Haruki Murakami

George

• My view of China
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2008, 10:59:05 PM »
It's the biggest state in the US
Only in size, Lotus. Only in size!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

DaDan

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2008, 11:10:47 PM »

I mean, you're calling someone who attacks hatemongers  a "hatemonger."

& again,
Who be puttin words in others mouths?  
mmmmmmmmmm

Even if, in your oponion she promotes hate in everything about how she believes & lives.
It doesn't change my oponion that judging from your rants in this thread about Palin, reading the hateful wording you chose, IMO, it is difficult for me to not view you as quite the hatemonger.

It appears to me that you are trying to get others to hate Palin as much as you do = hatemonger, yes?

It is nice that you so aloquently with facts, examples & openmindedness, at least try to  explain how I am wrong.
me pappy sayd... 

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2008, 12:35:28 AM »
She stood up for what she believes in[...]

Did she?

Either the pollie is fodder for their party machine, or the pollie is pretty damn good at moving parts of the machine in ways s/he requires.  Either way, pollies aren't re'glar folks.

So... did she stand up for what she believes?

On the other hand, I'm aware that there are people who seek power and influence primarily because they do have a vision for how things should be organised.

So... was her vision a good one?

The argument for kicking people when they're down is, if you get in quick then you don't have to try kicking them when they get back up again.  Probably a pretty firm party political principle, yeah?  Even in Oz. 

Power isn't glorious.

I wonder if Obama has stepped on any necks to get to where he has gotten.  I guess he must have.  So, how's he to be judged?  Like all of them, I suppose: by what he achieves?
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2008, 03:55:07 AM »
Whoa TU - nasty!  Spaghetti hasn't re-entered this discussion 'on topic' after he was 'chastised'.  akakakakak Not since Nov 8th - 10 days ago.  No need now to push any attack.

And I appreciated the way he accepted my points about my previous post on my 'supposed' views on USAnians - where I pointed out that what I had said had been misinterpreted by a couple of posters who may not have bothered to read the article quoted, and therefore responded as if I had been attacking USAnians, rather then defending them.  Not all posters give others that benefit of the doubt - so even if I don't agree with Spag's point of view, or his sometimes somewhat forceful presentation, I have noticed that when he backs off, he IN GENERAL does so gracefully! agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag

DaDan

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2008, 04:45:57 AM »
is it bad for me to admit that I envy their ability to write as well as they do, both Spag & Tern?

bfbfbfbfbf
me pappy sayd... 

AMonk

« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2008, 12:50:44 PM »
Uuuummmm.....Tern.....Lotus Eater is most definitely FEMALE!!!
Moderation....in most things...

AMonk

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2008, 02:44:47 PM »
Ummmmm....Amok, er, AMONK ..... Saint Smoggins asked me to find out what size habit she wears and if they need a good, reliable Gamekeeper in her cloister ....

Sez he'll Work For ... well, cheap ...

Now, that is a question you'll need to ask raise with the Lady directly afafafafaf
Moderation....in most things...