English Teacher raped

• 4 replies
English Teacher raped
« on: April 01, 2016, 07:32:59 PM »
here is the link:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35931431

Long story short: Australian, teaches English in Japan, was on a holiday in South Korea. Doing pub crawls. She has cried drug-rape, however: she was alone, no drugs were found to be in her system and yet she thinks she is in no way to blame.

Discuss!

rattie

Re: English Teacher raped
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 09:57:49 PM »
I wasn't going to reply, even went out for a walk to clear away the angry thoughts - yes and I went alone! And bought beer! Crikey, that could well mean I deserved to be raped on my way back from the shop!

The attitude to her story dumbfounded and angered me, just so faarken male!!!

So going out on a pub crawl, organized or not, with a bunch of strangers in a strange land is not the smartest thing in the world to do, you could fall over in the street and hurt yourself and nobody that cares about you would be there to pick you you and dust you off.

But, a woman/girl is not just a hole on legs waiting to be filled. Regardless whether the female is too drunk, too stoned, too young, too powerless or even is a prostitute, if she doesn't want to do it and is forced to comply it is rape. Rape is horrific, ugly, brutal and has lifelong effects on the woman and how she views people, relationships and even sex thereafter.

I'm still fuming, so I will stop here. Also I certainly hope you're not my pommy upstairs neighbor, our lunch tomorrow could well be very awkward!
R

Would her story be more convincing if she was battered black and blue, stabbed multiple times or strangled

AMonk

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 11:07:07 PM »
Would her story be more convincing if she was battered black and blue, stabbed multiple times or strangled

Sadly - yes. In too many cultures llllllllll  This attitude is especially prevalent in Eastern/Asian ones aoaoaoaoao but also occurs (far too often) in Western and Western-based ones :wtf:
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 02:36:01 AM »
Anyone who is surprised by this clearly has no experience with the Korean police and their absolute ineptitude regarding pretty much everything.

I don't know if the girl was raped or not. What I am willing to believe after having lived in Korea for 6 years and seen the police in action numerous times - thankfully never having dealt with them other than legal formalities related to work - is they completely pooched the investigation because they're freaking idiots. But, then again, that pretty much describes Koreans in my humble opinion.

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 11:55:18 AM »
I agree with you rattie! I wonder if we will hear much more of this? alalalalal