Miss Lunatic - Catcher of Cats

• 4 replies

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Miss Lunatic - Catcher of Cats
« on: February 19, 2021, 04:05:19 PM »
My daughter has a new hobby.

After seeing how Mrs. Lunatic and I grabbed Bronze Cat off the streets and took him to the vet, she's been trying to grab stray cats.

Up until now, she was unsuccessful.  But she saw one in a dark alley just outside the village that looks similar to her own cat and she was determined to rescue it.  Cat treats at midnight got it close, but the cat always remained out of arms reach.

I suggested a cat trap.  With all the shops closed for Spring Festival, I thought this plan wouldn't happen.  Two days later, a large box arrived.  It was a used cat trap she found online.  It's much more solidly constructed than any I've used before.

She put it out all Wednesday afternoon, but no sign of the cat.  She was out after midnight.  No cat.  She decided to risk having someone else grab it and left it out overnight.  I was just getting settled into my work routine a few minutes after 7 am on Thursday morning when she triumphantly returned with a cat in the cage.

The poor kitty's fur was all matted and badly tangled.  Our regular vet doesn't do grooming on unvaccinated animals for fear of their pet groomers catching rabies, but she found a place that didn't seem quite so concerned about the issue of rabid employees.  aqaqaqaqaq

Untangling proved impossible, so the cat ended up with a whole body crew cut.  Sadly, he's also got skin fungus, but at least the bath dealt with the flea issue.  He's got a huge head and large body, but is very skinny.  When he fills out, he's going to be a very big cat.

Next up, taking him back to our regular vet (which gives big discounts for strays) and getting him vaccinated, dewormed, and neutered.

Once he's healthy, he'll be put up for adoption.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

AMonk

Re: Miss Lunatic - Catcher of Cats
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 12:03:09 AM »
 agagagagag Three cheers for Miss Lunatic agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2021, 05:35:34 PM »
Houston, we have a problem.

The cat is slowly improving, but there's a complication.

My daughter is talking about keeping him.  aoaoaoaoao

Just when we already had our next potential target selected. ananananan
EscapedLunatic.com

AMonk

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 03:01:03 AM »
The cat is slowly improving  ...   bfbfbfbfbf agagagagag

My daughter is talking about keeping him ...  aoaoaoaoao bibibibibi

Just when we already had our next potential target selected ... apapapapap :wtf:
Moderation....in most things...

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 04:28:39 PM »
The next potential target is a mostly white cat with different colored eyes (one green, one blue).  The poor thing seem to have some sort of limp on one of its back legs.  I've managed to get within 2 meters, but never close enough to grab.  It appears to be semi-feral and lives in the village.  It's thin, but not doesn't appear to be malnourished.  Assuming no one in the area claims it as their exclusive cat, the plan would be to catch, get fixed up, fixed, vaccinated, and put it back where we found it.

If we keep the current one, that's going to put a bit of a damper on any further catch and release plans.
EscapedLunatic.com