Stil

• ChangshaNotes
Re: Why, mannequin? Why???
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 02:54:42 AM »

George

• My view of China
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 08:57:39 AM »
Hmmmmmm. Micro-fibre towels.......and definitely a cute mannequin!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 03:38:01 PM »
I think I dated her once, or twice.

I also think she turned me down. I was too shallow
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 07:34:03 PM »
There's a joke there about the size of her open mouth and knowing it was you she was dating Day Dreamer.

Of course I won't go there.  uuuuuuuuuu

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 04:15:55 AM »
 bkbkbkbkbk axaxaxaxax
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 02:49:00 PM »

... because, really, if you aren't selling pants ...
"At times, the novice found pre-Deluge English more perplexing than either Intermediate Angelology or Saint Leslie's theological calclulus." - A Canticle for Leibowitz, Walter M. Miller, Jr,.

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2013, 02:53:24 PM »

A cautionary tale:

http://shanghaiist.com/2013/04/10/chinese_man_french-kisses_gropes_statues_of_women_in_street.php

... these aren't mannequins strictly speaking, however - I do think mannequins everywhere should take note - their mobility issues put them in a certain kind of danger with a certain kind of person, ESPECIALLY IF THEY AREN'T WEARING ANY PANTS!!!

aoaoaoaoao
"At times, the novice found pre-Deluge English more perplexing than either Intermediate Angelology or Saint Leslie's theological calclulus." - A Canticle for Leibowitz, Walter M. Miller, Jr,.

xwarrior

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2013, 05:55:42 PM »

I know she is a dummy but after years in China .... !!!

A bad hair day.

Don't look at me, they said it!

This is where bad girls go.

Scary, eh!

Never turn your back on a customer, or she may try to defenestrate herself.

Research shows that people with heads smile more than those without heads.

Minimalist window dressing

Something like that joke about putting a paper bag over their heads before sex.

Should be one hanging in every wardrobe.

I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2013, 06:33:43 PM »
Now that's what I call a cornucopia AND some really stellar captioning  bfbfbfbfbf

Loved, loved, loved the shot of the bad girl corner.

.loved.

.it.

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2013, 06:44:10 PM »

This is also a show-stopper, xwarrior!

... among other questions that arise as I contemplate this image, "Why mannequins? Why were you built with detachable right legs...?"

o_O

George

• My view of China
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2013, 06:52:57 PM »
 agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2013, 07:18:12 PM »

Yah, so this is always a melancholy sight for me - abandoned mannequin...

The two bits of packing twine used thusly to put her in an upright position, tying her by her neck and ankles to the post, conjure up awful unspeakable things, because, of course, mannequins are life-size representations of human beings. It goes without saying that this is what gives them the power to creep us the fuck out - like clowns, only different.

So of course I was morbidly fascinated with this mannequin manifestation in a way that possibly only art college graduates who wrestled with majoring in photography are wont to do ... and then I recalled another abandoned mannequin I caught last year.

I'll be damned if I can find the shot; I looked and looked and it is not in evidence. Suffice it to say that abandoned femmannequin was lying where she was chucked in a heap of trash.

Remembering that in contrast with this here I find myself ruminating... Did whomever was appointed the task of discarding this tireless servant of the clothing trade first toss her out in similar fashion, and then, feeling a twinge of discomfort, some kind of associative squirmy ill-at-easeness at the sight of her there, a feeling s/he would never admit to experiencing of course but one that rooted them there in a moment of unsettled pause nonetheless, did that person then stoop to stand mannequin up and devise this quick means of affording her/it/us at least this much dignity ... ?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 07:25:54 PM by Maifeilan »

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2013, 11:39:06 AM »
xwarrior and maifelan thanks so much for showing these ladies and the "interesting" lives they lead. bfbfbfbfbf ahahahahah I will now make it my business to see if the Aussie "ladies" have the same opportunities. uuuuuuuuuu  Somehow, I don't think it would be permitted. bibibibibi

« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2013, 05:08:25 PM »

um... what?  mmmmmmmmmm.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2013, 05:21:52 PM »
Bondage gear?  Kidnapping supplies?  Mannequins being held hostage? mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com