April Fool's Day.

• 3 replies

George

• My view of China
April Fool's Day.
« on: April 01, 2009, 10:53:13 PM »
So, what did you do??
My kids clued me in when they were all walking past saying "Teacher, I forgot my dictionary" So I walked into the first class, said "Good Morning, today we have a test" Little jaws dropped all over the room. "Notebooks please!" I walked all around the room making sure they all had notebooks, insisting that a piece of paper is not a notebook. Finally, they were all sitting there, notebooks open, pens ready. "Are you ready?" "Yes"...OK, April Fools! Totally killed Classes 1 and 2! They were rolling on the floor! Classes 15 and 16 did not know what I was talking about, until I wrote APRIL 1 on the board. Then some of the brighter sparks caught on. At this school, the brighter classes have the lower numbers, and are on the lower floors, while the higher you go, the dumber! So glad I didn't have 21 and 22 today!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
Re: April Fool's Day.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 11:04:32 PM »
Mine almost had me convinced it was the end of class 30 minutes before hand.  I had been working on heteronyms with them, put them into groups to practice and was walking around checking them out, talking to students and lost track of time, and it was easy for one of the dodgy boys to say - 'hey, we're missing lunch, it's 12:00'.  So it wasn't until I was half-way to the front of the room that I realised that the students were all quietly giggling.  They were happy and I figured it was a fair enough cop!!  ahahahahah

AMonk

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 11:09:26 PM »
 ahahahahah ahahahahah Classics, Folks!!  bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf agagagagag agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 12:42:56 AM »
I wrote on the Black board.  2 hour exam this afternoon including an essay.  They were doing their journals and I said no questions until after the journal.  Nobody asked me any questions.  Finally I said, what is the date today.  One of the students grinned and I said 'one smart student'.  I then wrote ' ha ha April Fools'.

I asked why no questions and was told they were in shock and couldn't think.  ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.