2 more hours...

• 5 replies

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
2 more hours...
« on: June 22, 2007, 12:03:25 AM »
to teach until I am finished my classes.  The last class is my post-grads and they are really good to teach - creative, fun, friendly and energetic. One week (minus a day out at Banpo archaeological dig) to finish up all the marking and paperwork, buy my new sleeping bag and baby tent (for T), snack stuff for my nomad mates and then I am off for nearly 2 months paid holiday!!!  My friends, where I am horse trekking, said it snowed there yesterday!!  Yippee. I hope there is still snow on the peaks when I get over there - just a little more rain around the area will do it.  And then there is the traditional Tan wedding ....

Talked to the Tan guy who is helping me organise the T-Xinjiang trip and he is friends with another friend of mine!!  Even in China it's a small world.

I love holidays and the potential for adventure and excitement.

Re: 2 more hours...
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 04:44:02 AM »
Oh but be careful in Xinjiang - they have been very cautious about females traveling alone these days. I know one girl who was recently literally told that females without convoy are not allowed to the mountains.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 04:52:41 AM »
I'll be coming through from the south - from S-W T through Ali to Yecheng and then on to Kashi. Current plan is to hire a 4x4 so that photo ops do not whiz past bus windows. ahahahahah 

Train from Xi'an to Lhasa, 4x4 from Lhasa to Darchen, Mt Kailesh, Guge Kingdom and Zanba, north to Ali and from there across into Xinjiang.

Negotiations are currently underway.  Minor problems like military permits need to be sorted.  bjbjbjbjbj hhhhhhhhhh

Brushing up on my miniscule Tan. 
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 04:55:11 AM by Lotus Eater »

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 05:56:41 AM »
That sounds amazing, LE.  I shall be going back to the UK for a month this summer.  Quite looking forward to going back mind you.

Still have a week more of classes.  asasasasas
It is too early to say.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 05:21:09 PM »
My last class is finished.  AND I have my timetable for next semester, only waiting on the 1st year timetable, and they will all be on day, so I will only be teaching a maximum of 3 days a week.  Post-Grads, 4th years and 1st years. Nice.  And so far it looks as if I finish about the 9th January next year for Spring Holidays. But that could change with the 1st year timetable.

They give me the 1st years because they believe my subtle ahahahahah Australian accent is easier to learn from than American accents!! axaxaxaxax

solongtinik

• tryin to complete my life's journey
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 08:48:44 PM »
wow LE! i envy your summer plan.totally!!!! uuuuuuuuuu

i still have 5 days left in china...4 lessons left...

sigh! im starting to miss students...
if he does not struggle against what is wrong-even if it seems beyond his strength-he will bever find the right road