"Happy Ending" massage legal in Guangdong!

• 26 replies

gonzo

Re: "Happy Ending" massage legal in Guangdong!
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 03:15:30 PM »
Personally I think if a guy's happy to pay for a rub and tug, and the other party is happy to do the job, who else does it concern?
RIP Phil Stephens.
No static at all.

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2013, 03:41:53 PM »
Personally I think if a guy's happy to pay for a rub and tug, and the other party is happy to do the job, who else does it concern?

I agree but do you really think that all the hookers in China are happy to do the job?

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2013, 03:56:15 PM »

I agree but do you really think that all the hookers in China are happy to do the job?

We could say "if a client is happy to pay for a product or service and the workers who provide the product or service are happy to do the job, who else does it concern?"

with the following rebuttal

"I agreem but do you really think that all the workers in whatever country are happy to do the job?"

If someone is held against their will in ANY job, that's wrong.  This can happen in the adult industry, but also can happen in brick kilns.  In these cases, it's slavery, no matter what the job is.  On the other hand, if someone is "forced" by economic circumstances into choosing a job they hate, that person just joined the ranks of the huge numbers of employees worldwide.

For a lot of jobs, you show up, pretend to the boss and/or clients that you are happily doing the work even when you aren't, and the only hint of a real smile on your face is when you collect your pay.

"We are all prostitutes."  - Sid Vicious
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2013, 04:45:05 PM »

We could say "if a client is happy to pay for a product or service and the workers who provide the product or service are happy to do the job, who else does it concern?"

with the following rebuttal

"I agreem but do you really think that all the workers in whatever country are happy to do the job?"

If someone is held against their will in ANY job, that's wrong.  This can happen in the adult industry, but also can happen in brick kilns.  In these cases, it's slavery, no matter what the job is.  On the other hand, if someone is "forced" by economic circumstances into choosing a job they hate, that person just joined the ranks of the huge numbers of employees worldwide.

For a lot of jobs, you show up, pretend to the boss and/or clients that you are happily doing the work even when you aren't, and the only hint of a real smile on your face is when you collect your pay.

"We are all prostitutes."  - Sid Vicious

Most jobs your boss doesn't beat you up and you can't go to the police or they'll abuse you as well though!

Even in countries like Holland and Germany where the government protects sex workers you get a lot of girls who are tricked into the industry by being sold from Russia and China thinking that they are going to be given a normal job in a rich country and then forced into it because they 'owe' money for being sent over. In China where so many people in the cities don't have rights because they are from the countryside of course some of them are slaves

BrandeX

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2013, 05:31:17 PM »
I think it should be clarified in case anyone casual skims this thread that, despite being prevalent, prostitution IS illegal in China. What, apparently, is permitted is a paid service including masturbation during a massage. As far as I understand this is also legal in Japan, and likely other countries.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2013, 06:09:00 PM »
Most jobs your boss doesn't beat you up and you can't go to the police or they'll abuse you as well though!

Even in countries like Holland and Germany where the government protects sex workers you get a lot of girls who are tricked into the industry by being sold from Russia and China thinking that they are going to be given a normal job in a rich country and then forced into it because they 'owe' money for being sent over. In China where so many people in the cities don't have rights because they are from the countryside of course some of them are slaves

Unfortunately, this sort of thing can happen to both sex workers and other workers in more than one country.  If it does, it's tantamount to slavery.  However, it's a bit of a broad brush to say that every girl giving massages, with or without happy endings, is enslaved.

A friend and I once took a couple of foot massage girls out to dinner.  Another took a month off to visit her hometown in July.  I'd say that this shows the girls at the places I go aren't exactly kept in chains when not working.  They also frequently quit one massage place and go work for a different one.  There's usually a big turnover after Spring Festival, since some end up getting married in their hometowns.

As far as I've seen in DG, all types of migrant workers are free to apply for jobs and can quit jobs.  In MANY cases, the employer holds back quite a bit of salary and can (legally in some cases and illegally in others) keep that if the worker leaves against the boss's desires.  This can make leaving financially difficult, but a bus ticket to another town and a low end factory job is not beyond the means of that vast majority.

I recently read a report of semi-legal loan sharks in another province providing money so that college students could by iPads and iPhones.  If someone fall behind in payments, they try to force the person to work for them - getting other students to fall into the same debt trap.
EscapedLunatic.com

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2013, 06:39:11 PM »
@EL
Maybe slavery isn't the right word but like you said a lot of the time it isn't working by choice, and I don't mean in the 'I hate this job but I need to pay the bills' way, in a 'I'm being coerced and they use violence to stop me leaving' way

I totally agree that it's not all of them, like with everything there'll be a class system, there have been a few scandals about middle class university students being KTV girls and so on as their part time jobs (which is hardly surprising considering restaurants etc pay about 10rmb an hour...) but there is a lot of trafficking and nastiness at the bottom. And yes that's probably the same for men as well as women.

A couple of times when I lived in Zhangjiangang you'd have a few days when there were all kinds of disabled beggars, guys who spoke bad English who seemed to be hustlers and middle aged women with a teenage girl trying to offer her services appeared on the streets. I guessed that it was some kind of travelling thing and I bet those people didn't all want to be there.
Maybe the police tolerate the pink door places because they aren't that bad?

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2013, 07:19:12 PM »
in dubai, the media will tell you its all sex slaves and forced, but you meet the girls and they love it, not faking it for the punters, actually love the money, the gifts, the lifestyle. there is even a hidden camera documenary floating about on the internet from a place i used to go, the women in the ladies bathroom are having a great time, like a girls night out. sex to them is just a thing, once they get over the  initial bump, its just business. as teachers we use our language for cash, are we forced? kind of, we can be lied to about the glitzy job, whats the difference? a woman using her hoohaa is no different when you remove the taboo of the situation. of course, there are victims, but there are players in equal, or greater number. in dubai, anyway! here too? probably.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2013, 07:46:15 PM »
@EL
Maybe slavery isn't the right word but like you said a lot of the time it isn't working by choice, and I don't mean in the 'I hate this job but I need to pay the bills' way, in a 'I'm being coerced and they use violence to stop me leaving' way

Let's call that "heavily coerced" - one small step from slavery.  Yes, there are jobs (sexual and non-sexual) where this happens.

I've already decided that if I get to build a house, I'm personally visiting the place that makes the bricks to be sure that no one there is subject to any coercion above the need for an unpleasant job to pay their bills.  If I ever encounter even a hint that a massage place in my area might be doing this, I'll try to investigate and, if the problem was confirmed, will try my best two ruin the lives of the people behind it.

I'm sure there are some abusive massage places, but through friends translating and the few foot massage girls I've known who speak English, I'd say it's far from an overwhelming issue, at least in my little corner of the world.  A standard foot massage contract in my area is:

Monthly base salary of 2500-4000 (depends on the place, plus data acquired over time) for working a LOT of hours.  This is equal or better than a lot of factory office jobs.
Work above those is rewarded at a higher per-hour rate.
Work below those hours is penalized at more than the per-hour rate.
Number of days allowed off without some sort of penalty is 2 or 3 per month (better than a certain high-end dental office I know of).
There's a dorm provided.  Yes, somewhere there are dorms full of foot massage girls. afafafafaf

Of course, if some naughty client bribes a girl for a happy ending, I don't see how the bosses are going to find out how much she collects unless they thoroughly search the girls every time they leave the place.

EscapedLunatic.com

AMonk

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2013, 11:20:44 PM »
Of course, if some naughty client bribes a girl for a happy ending, I don't see how the bosses are going to find out how much she collects unless they thoroughly search the girls every time they leave the place.

Cameras aoaoaoaoao strategically placed/hidden
Moderation....in most things...

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2013, 03:41:14 AM »
in dubai, the media will tell you its all sex slaves and forced, but you meet the girls and they love it, not faking it for the punters, actually love the money, the gifts, the lifestyle. there is even a hidden camera documenary floating about on the internet from a place i used to go, the women in the ladies bathroom are having a great time, like a girls night out. sex to them is just a thing, once they get over the  initial bump, its just business. as teachers we use our language for cash, are we forced? kind of, we can be lied to about the glitzy job, whats the difference? a woman using her hoohaa is no different when you remove the taboo of the situation. of course, there are victims, but there are players in equal, or greater number. in dubai, anyway! here too? probably.

Being a high class hooker would be great, it's a bit like drug dealers though isn't it. Not many people get to be Scarface, and if you do it doesn't last long

Most people who do it get paid hardly anything for a dangerous and unpleasant job

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2013, 01:44:02 PM »

Cameras aoaoaoaoao strategically placed/hidden

Ssshhhhhh!!!!  You'll scare the customer away from the new foot massage/hidden live web cam shop I'm opening.
EscapedLunatic.com