"What Shanghai Women Are Like"

• 19 replies

George

• My view of China
Re: "What Shanghai Women Are Like"
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 02:38:10 AM »
I remember seeing someone on youtube go off because the sports car she got for her (18th?)birthday was the wrong colour.
Saw that...and she wasn't Chinese!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 03:44:00 AM »
QUOTE: "My particular opinion is that anyone who behaves in such a way needs spanking and sending to their room without dinner, long before they have grown enough to get a boyfriend or drivers licence."

Sorry, perhaps I was unclear.  I wasn't trying to say that most or even some Chinese women act as immaturely and selfishly as this woman (the one from the OP's post) apparently did.  Nor was I condoning her behavior or trying to argue that it was justified by culture.

Rather, I was trying to point out that the girl carrying the wallet and paying for things is irrelevant to the case at hand because unlike in western culture where it has traditionally been the man who physically hands over the cash/credit card for his and his wife's dinner, hotel room, etc., in Chinese culture it is usually the wife/woman who physically hands over the money for purchases (even if the money was earned by the man.) 

AMonk

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 04:18:27 AM »

Rather, I was trying to point out that the girl carrying the wallet and paying for things is irrelevant to the case at hand because unlike in western culture where it has traditionally been the man who physically hands over the cash/credit card for his and his wife's dinner, hotel room, etc.

....not in MY household. kkkkkkkkkk  I/we follow the example set by my grandparents. agagagagag  They had 2 bank books.  Poppa held the deposit book.  Nanny held the cheque book ahahahahah
Moderation....in most things...

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 06:18:53 AM »
I remember seeing someone on youtube go off because the sports car she got for her (18th?)birthday was the wrong colour.
Saw that...and she wasn't Chinese!
Check the previous sentence. I said that.
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

Riz

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 10:38:46 PM »
I would like to be found in bed with another girl,inviting the girl in the video to see both of us making love! Go sleep with the car I bought you!
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Short and funny quotes, Winston Churchill.