A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall... (THE VISA NIGHTMARE!)

• 545 replies

Wags

Re: A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall... (THE VISA NIGHTMARE!)
« Reply #285 on: August 01, 2008, 06:59:21 PM »
I will meet some cop at PSB tomorrow or on Monday.
I also had to go to the PSB but not for questions rather a digital photo of both me and my colleague.

It's really a " Hard Rain" falling upon me nowadays. My visa expired on 30th July but it was with the police by that time. I hope it's going to be alright soon.

I think you should be right, mine was also close to expiry when processed, not quite that close, but I was told as long as it reaches them before the expiry date it's not a problem.

agagagagag
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 07:06:28 PM by Wags »

joe.thinker

• kaleidoscope sex on a sea of cat fur
« Reply #286 on: August 01, 2008, 07:05:04 PM »
A month later you go back out-and-in on entry #2 ...

#3, #4, #5 ... #56 - in, out, in, out, in, out ... it's sex with China.
something with upside down question marks, accents under "c" and prolific punctuation will do

Rajin

• Kickass and eat cheezeballs
« Reply #287 on: August 01, 2008, 08:45:42 PM »
Quote from: Senor Boogie Woogie link=topic=1950.msg46464#msg46464 date=1217385058
If I ever get kicked out, I can't just grab the Chinese wife and move to America, because [u
they wont let her in[/u](to my extreme anger.)

Sorry to deviate but..they won't? I thought they had to since you're married and all.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #288 on: August 01, 2008, 11:08:31 PM »
Not at all...marriage does NOT guarantee admission to the USA.
Each case is evaluated to assess the validity/sincerity of the marriage, the economic and other viability of the couple once they reach the US, and more.
Many couples, even those with kids and long marriages, are turned down.

A key factor seems to be documentation...photos, receipts, certificates, letters...all kinds of stuff. When T. Susan got her visa, she went in with over 10 kilograms  of papers! aoaoaoaoao

But yeah, we are a bit  offtopic
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

DaDan

• Yeppers! We`be livin now!
« Reply #289 on: August 02, 2008, 01:36:06 AM »
it be Friday evening & I be back in shekou wit one shiny new visa, just as planned bfbfbfbfbf

I'm set for two more months, wit some luck, my first empty page to be used when I get more put in my passport will be filled with at least a 6 month visa...

`life goes on  agagagagag
me pappy sayd... 
Once ya get past the smell... ...:P ... `You got it licked...

Riz

« Reply #290 on: August 04, 2008, 07:06:11 PM »
I received a phone call from my liaison asking me to go to the PSB today. She asked me to go there alone so I did. The officer at reception directed to go to another room to meet another cop who's a lady. She had gone to have lunch break at 11 o clock. A uniformed guy in her office has asked me to come back at 3. I am with Sam now who lives near PSB. I am pissed off again for a valid reason. I want that fuckhead liason come and help me in case. I called the head of my FAO and shoted at her at the top of my lungs since she , like everyone thinks that she can understand and communicate in English. I demanded her to send a retard to help me out here. I will share again what happens at 3.
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Short and funny quotes, Winston Churchill.

« Reply #291 on: August 04, 2008, 07:21:18 PM »
Boy! Take a deep breath. Your attitude, justified or not, is not going to help you.

Acjade

« Reply #292 on: August 04, 2008, 07:30:10 PM »
You're doing it hard. Makes my boss look like a thoroughly civilised gentleman. Which he is.

But just a thought. Sometimes the FAOs run for cover and avoid all conflict situations because it appears they have lost face. I've met perfectly capable people here who will go into blank mode as soon as things look like they might have to cop a few indecipherable rants from a foreigner. The delay might not have been her fault. But even if it was remember the old adage: you catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

I know this is a stressful situation. Every year I turn my passport into the Chinese Government through one of their own departments for which I theoretically work. Each year it comes back late. When I appear to be discomfited by this I'm always told 'It's their fault.Don't worry.' Not a great comfet to a western mind. This last time I was addressed courtesly and with a bit of a sheephish smile that made me laugh. Last year I had to go back to have my digital photo taken three times. This freaked me out until I found out that they thought something was too weird. A foreigner with freckles in her eyes.

I've even travelled without my passport...pre Olympic days because the boys and girls in the office were moving slowly. But there's no worries as long as the PSB received your passport before it expired. Everything else they hold themselves accountable for. Such as, ' Forgot to mention we need this and that and possibly this.... ad infinitum.' Just remeber that as long as the PSB got your passport on time, you'll be fine.

AMonk

« Reply #293 on: August 04, 2008, 11:52:09 PM »
....I called the head of my FAO and shoted at her at the top of my lungs.....

Uummmm...but isn't that the same lady who is making so nice about getting your apartment fixed?  Better to call her back and apologise for your behaviour.  Then the bricks can fall where they will.   After all, it's not her fault that your inept liaison is .... inept. 
Moderation....in most things...

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #294 on: August 04, 2008, 11:54:32 PM »
But we're getting way, way offtopic here.
This thread is about the changes in visa rules, and the problems they are causing.
It's not about the usual methane-breathing help we tend to get with this stuff.

We'd love to hear your horror stories. In a new thread.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Riz

« Reply #295 on: August 05, 2008, 07:52:40 PM »
I got my residence permit renewed yesterday. Cheers everyone!
"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Short and funny quotes, Winston Churchill.

« Reply #296 on: August 05, 2008, 08:48:30 PM »
Congratulations Riz agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #297 on: August 06, 2008, 12:38:19 AM »
Wow Riz, that's amazing considering that everyone around you were so stupid, moronic and retarderd.

Congratulations!

Acjade

« Reply #298 on: August 06, 2008, 12:51:30 AM »
Congratulations. You've passed GO!

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #299 on: August 06, 2008, 04:38:14 AM »
I got my residence permit renewed yesterday. Cheers everyone!

So all your worries were for nothing???