What are ya? 10 Types of China Expats

• 20 replies
Re: What are ya? 10 Types of China Expats
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 03:27:22 AM »
Hahah. Number 7 is pretty accurate, except that I haven't been here all that long, and am thinking I'll probably go back soon (at least temporarily). But I do live with my Chinese in-laws (at least on holidays) and when my mom came to visit this year she had one of those american bills with the colour on it and I was like "what the hell is that?"

FWIW I think chicken cooked with the bones in is way tastier than boneless.

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 05:09:21 AM »
I guess the closes thing I am is the "English Teacher" since that is, in fact, what I am doing here, BUT I do not feel I fit the description.  I speak Chinese, having studied it in the US, and am learning it more here.  I have no taste for business and teaching is my career.  WTF am I???

Oh, and the Chinese friggin love the bones!  Have you ever been to an all-Chinese meal with fish served?  They fight over who gets to suck the bones dry!

AND most Chinese I know prefer the hole in the ground to the seats.  They think it's more sanitary, and it's definitely a mistake to think that they would have toilet seats "if they had the money."
"If she says she can do it, then she can do it! She don't make false claims!" - David Bowie

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 12:19:30 PM »
bones in meat: good

bones in fish: a week long pain in the gums
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2010, 08:54:35 AM »
I like bones. I hate bone splinters.... The cooks need to sharpen the cleaver more often.

I don't fit ANY of those ten. I fit a bit, but then the rest goes off elsewhere. FOr example, I don't speak Chinese nor care to reallly.

I do business and teach English, but I know the culture well, and am just about to open a kung fu school here.

Going to be here a few years, but not indefinitely.

Going to be coming back here a lot, but then, before I came here I came every year for about a decade anyway.

So,

As usual, I am just me. Sigh.
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 01:06:12 AM »
I'm a combination of 3 and 4, turning into 7, hoping to become a 10 rather than a 9.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 05:01:25 PM »
As the song said, maybe you're just a three dressed up as a 9    uuuuuuuuuu
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion