Shenzhen Drivers (who are not Westerners) need to be re-educated

• 36 replies

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
Re: Shenzhen Drivers (who are not Westerners) need to be re-educated
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2009, 03:16:31 PM »
Child size baseball bat, couldn't see what it was made of. Pretty colours, so not too uncommon.  ahahahahah ahahahahah

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2009, 03:40:50 PM »
Perhaps we have found a causal link here.

In the USA, baseball bats and road rage are both common.  No one would think it unusual if a baseball bat was involved in a road rage incident.

In China, baseball bats and road rage are both rare.  Now we have a report of a baseball bat being used in a road rage incident.

Hmmmmnnnnn....

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2009, 05:54:08 PM »
So there needs to be "road rage" safe baseball bats .... maybe with breakaway handles if they hit something larger than a baseball?

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for."  Grace Hopper

"Procrastination: Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now." Larry Kersten

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2009, 06:13:40 PM »
37 percent of offenders used firearms against other drivers.

Fingers crossed that the Chinese Gov't never allows its citizens the right to have guns.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 04:52:50 AM by Lotus Eater »

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2009, 04:57:01 AM »
Had another bus incident today.  The uni bus was taking us to the new campus and the driver decided that the road was too busy, so would take the bike/taxi road.  He pulled into it without looking properly and cut straight in front of a public bus, which of course had to stop quickly, making passengers fall over.

Both drivers got out, pulled out their cigarettes, and chatted amicably for about 10-15 minutes.  Finally our driver handed over 100Y and away we went.  Peaceful solution to a situation that, in other places, could have been a nasty confrontation.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 03:44:55 PM by Lotus Eater »

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2009, 02:07:48 PM »
On my last trip to HK, the bus manged to damage a van in south Dongguan.  Lots of yelling in Cantonese.  Police arrived and did police style things (damage photos, tape measures, etc) and there was much more yelling in Cantonese.

No hints of violence, but quite a long delay.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

belrain

• In past travelling, now becoming Shanghai resident
    • My homepage
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2009, 10:33:15 PM »
I was one day sitting in a Taxi in Shanghai. The driver used his signal horn permanently and the driver in front of us was obviously unhappy about it. He came to the Taxi, screamed at the driver and hit him with the fist in the face. Then he went to his car and drove away. Also the Taxi driver continued driving as if nothing happended. And I was sitting in the back thinking  aoaoaoaoao llllllllll kkkkkkkkkk bfbfbfbfbf
cdcdcdcdcd Das Leben ist schön