Introductions

• 1851 replies

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
Re: Introductions
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 11:40:57 PM »
Okay, this it the Eagle, and not a bald eagle at that.  I do have hair ... er, I mean feathers on my pate.  I am here with the good missus who only makes me behave in front of company and when there is no company around.  All the other times I am allowed to be as bad as bad can be.  I've been here just over eight months and have signed up for a second year at my uni in ChangZhou.  What else?  Errrr ... blush .... no, I can't say it .... okay, you convinced me .... I like beer! And rum! And vodka! And ...
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 03:32:46 AM »
I do have hair ... er, I mean feathers on my pate.  I am here with the good missus who only makes me behave in front of company and when there is no company around.  All the other times I am allowed to be as bad as bad can be. ... What else?  Errrr ... blush .... no, I can't say it ....

Oh, eagle CAN be naughty!!!  cbcbcbcbcb cbcbcbcbcb cbcbcbcbcb

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 04:53:26 AM »
Lizard? Funny eye? What?
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

DaDan

• Yeppers! We`be livin now!
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 04:37:00 PM »
you no remember me lizard wit da funny eye?

me pappy sayd... 
Once ya get past the smell... ...:P ... `You got it licked...

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2007, 12:01:13 AM »
Do you hunt for food too? Cause Con does!!!

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2007, 02:31:36 AM »

erm... no.
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2007, 04:18:46 AM »

EWWWW. LOL!

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2007, 04:24:18 AM »
Would anyone care to elaborate on the Lizard thing?

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2007, 04:40:44 AM »
Other than the lizard apparently needs glasses?
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2007, 04:43:07 AM »
You could lend him yours ER. Just think how pretty he'd look in pink maroon glasses.  ahahahahah

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2007, 01:01:34 PM »
Kcanuck, arrived in 06 and staying until 08, then back to my environmental consulting job . One teenage son currently spending quality time with his dad.  I still can't believe I'm here.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2007, 01:29:21 PM by kcanuck »
I am still learning. Michelangelo

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2007, 03:26:50 PM »
Can't say that I want to go back, more life I hafta.  My son gave me two years to do this  and my boss said he'd hold my job for that long.  However, by 2010 my son will be finished high school and then I just might bring him with me.
I am still learning. Michelangelo

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2007, 03:36:53 PM »
kcanuck, I think I understand the "hafta" part. My move to China was "wanna" and "hafta". Supposed to be 1 year.
...5,5 years later I am still here and no clear plans to leave  agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2007, 04:53:31 PM »
kcanuck, I think I understand the "hafta" part. My move to China was "wanna" and "hafta". Supposed to be 1 year.
...5,5 years later I am still here and no clear plans to leave  agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag

I know the feeling.  I really need to go back and get my PGCE, yet the idea of facing up to the Real World is kind of terrifying... Going back to paying about 100 quid a month for travel, commuting for 2 hours a day on packed tube trains, paying a million pounds a week for rent.  Argh.
It is too early to say.

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2007, 11:45:38 PM »
Hi kids, I've been sitting at the other place whistling old songs to myself - finally realised all the action is over here! WOW!! This place is cool! Nice one RD & Noles (and associated others that I'm sure must have been ivolved).

Right, introductions...

non-dave or nd, Australian, been here in the mainland for nearly 2 years, a 3 year stint in and out of Hong Kong before that. Spent most of the last 7 years travelling around the globe, and though I dearly love OZ I have no plans to ever live there again.

I'm still on the fun side of 40. I have a wonderful, beautiful and mostly even-tempered girlfriend/signifigant other/??. Met her in a little town in the north and managed to convince her to leave home and business to come down south with me to Dongguan. Now we have her brother living with us and reports that her Mum, Dad and a few other relatives are also on their way.

Life's good here and the living is easy. Mostly. Except for the things I don't like.

Over.
You have to care for it to matter.
http://www.haerbinger.com - All About Harbin