Non Criminal Authentication document

• 8 replies

A-Train

Non Criminal Authentication document
« on: July 13, 2017, 04:08:43 PM »
Hi.  New to me this year is a request from my uni to obtain a certified, non-criminal background check.  They are confused at to actually how to do this and I'm in the U.S. trying to keep my visits to the Chicago Consulate to a minimum.

My question is, what document do I need to show the Consulate so that they will certify my background check?  I did a paid ($7) background check from my State and received an official-looking document that has all the pertinent information on it.  However, there is no infamous red stamp of any kind on it.  Not wanting to waste a trip, do you think I should have this notarized by the police before presenting it to the Consulate?  That seems crazy, yet very Chinese.

Any thoughts.

I also have to present my diploma to the Consulate and ask for a certified document that should look like the attachment.  I haven't had to do this before either, but maybe someone in the group has.

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
A-Train
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

CWL

Re: Non Criminal Authentication document
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 04:00:58 AM »
The last criminal check I provided in China was a state highway department patrol level check that was notarized by the issuing agency.  This was in 2014/15 for Jiangsu Province. 

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 04:48:01 AM »
I used an FBI background check, authenticated (not Apostilled - China's not a member of the "let's use a silly word like apostille club") by the US State Department and then red rubber stamped by the Chinese embassy.  Check my Green Card thread for more details.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 02:43:20 PM »
 Will they accept a Canadian RCMP documemt stamped at the Canadian embassy in Seoul Korea.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 04:12:01 PM »
Will they accept a Canadian RCMP documemt stamped at the Canadian embassy in Seoul Korea.

Since the RCMP is more or less the equivalent of the FBI, I'd think that would be acceptable for many purposes.  I think I wouldn't have needed to bother with the State Department authentication on mine if it was just a local school wanting it as documentation for a teaching position.
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 01:07:01 AM »
Does anyone know how to get a non-criminal check from the UK? I'm currently in China, and can't find out how to do this

Maybe in theory, I could do it if I went back to the UK for the summer, but I think that would involve saying that I was living there, which would basically be a lie, which is never a very good idea.

So what have other UK folks done that were transfering within China or just getting a new work permit?

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 10:21:03 PM »
Have you tried emailing the police in the last place you lived in the UK?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2018, 02:20:47 AM »
Sorry, meant to delete my post because I figured it out

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 06:32:57 PM »
Don't delete.  Share the info so the next person gets some idea where to start. agagagagag
EscapedLunatic.com